bookz
soundcloud.com/jordanflow/trix-open-my-mind-original-mix
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's the problem?

Ye

305. What's up?

FL studio is for children. Get Ableton.

Fruity loops. Not Florida kek.

so i wanted to cut down the length of a song i had downloaded. but i can't figure out how to even open the damn thing. it's a mp3 file. i know i'm really knew to this sorry in advance

What is your issue with the program user?

How to open FL? Or open the song IN FL?

download it, put in in a folder, then drag the file from the folder into the sequencer. done.

>Or open the song IN FL
ya

Yeah just drag it onto the playlist.

Just download Audacity . Its freeware and will make it easy to cut the length of a music file down.

Yup this.

i just have File Explorer open and drag the mp3 onto the playlist. Its not professional but it works

bookz org/book/579435/7c67f3

am i doing it right?

Yes.

use image to help.
open up fl studio, navigate to this selectiot (navigation outlined in red and yellow), i think its the first button up there, drag your mp3 file into the large red outlined square, then right above that, the small red outlined square is the cutting tool, use it to cut.

then select the cut tool

Not OP but I've tried that but it didn't work for whatever reason. My solution was I had to import it into a folder FL studio recognized, not Windows File Explorer. I used to be able to drag and drop it from Windows but not anymore

WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR CRASH ENVELOPE DOING

jfc user, none of that stuff is there when i open FL

Post a screenie of your FL.

on the topic of fruity loops anyone know a pirated version I could get that's not a virus/bullshit survey?

not my image, took it from google

probably should change up the view in the top left side. i might redownload fl so i can help you out here in a bit

OP here, i have to take a shit (been constipated for a few days) pls keep thread alive. post your soundcloud or something if you want, idunno

here

bumpers

i can't figure out how to use the cutting tool now

you just hold the left mouse button at the top of the track you imported, then slide your mouse down to the bottom and u will see a line appear

at that point you can right click to delete a selection, or move the selections around using a different tool

i see that line, but whenever i let go of the left mouse click, i the line disappears

You can crop .mp3 files in Audacity, or, you can right click on a sequence and insert audio clip, then click on the audio click sequence and look for the little icon of a folder. It will allow you to import a track, and it'll show up in the playlist.

There should be a couple different ways you can load a file into fl, but the easiest way is to literally just drag the file from whatever folder you have it in, and drop it on the track list

that's what i did. you should look through the thread

Im dling so i can explain better, just you literally just click above the track, drag mouse down while holding the click, then let go of click at the bottom of track, thats when the line should appear. then change tools to move the track. you can also right click to remove a selection

would you like for me to email you the file so you could try it?

Fl studio is shit. There is only one good way to make music.

>itt OP has no idea what NYPA means

kek

that filename haha

not really, lol

Ableton for life, poorfag.

figured i'd keep the thread alive, woo.

soundcloud.com/jordanflow/trix-open-my-mind-original-mix

Here's two ways you can go about it.

Take your mouse cursor to either the beginning or end of the track until the cursor turns in to an arrow going both left and right. Hold down the left mouse button and drag it.

or

Click on the box cutter icon.
Hold left mouse button. And slide the box cutter cursor vertically across the track you like to separate. While doing this, you will see a blue line appear letting you know where it's going to cut. And let go to confirm.

>let go to confirm
when i do let go, the line disappears. is that supposed to happen?

first method doesn't always work if the mp3 is time stretched, it will just shrink the song and speed it up.

We an all assume that using the tool is the correct method to do this.

hold control and use your mouse scroll to zoom in, u will see a line in the track that you just cut.

but i haven't cut anything because the fuckin line disappears

just use fucking audacity its good and easy!

the large line thingy that shows up when you click and drag will disappear.... thats normal

i would but i have no more space on my pc!

youtube a tutorial. ur gonna fucking shiit yourself when u realize how easy it is.

I feel like if you cant figure this out by yourself then you shouldn't be using fl studio to begin with.

Does anyone else here agree with this?

Why don't you just fucking use audacity if all you wanna do is crop/cut the audio file? FL studio is complicated af for noobs like you to figure out

Why do you guys even make music. None of you are going to be famous

its only like 25mb cause it doesnt come with all the useless stuff most ppl dont even use like sound/instrument/beat sample wav files that fruity loops does. it is a great prog for audio editing.

> this
Use Audacity for simple tasks

Press the scissor in the upper right corner, this opens edison. Proceed to drag or open track then slice away. Save the shortened file directly in edison.