should guns be legal?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OyS3CEIbpJo
youtube.com/watch?v=HnJZ2haLPCw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

everything should be legal

yes

wut

Stupid people shouldn't own them. But yeah sure.

which letter confused you?

i think hes an amerifag and so ignorant he does not understand that you can be anywhere else in the world and be on this site

What a stupid fucking question.

Funny thing is, they are legal

dat rage when its always a nigger who has converted a pistol to be some 30 round spray and pray POS

yes, but i dont really see the point for automatic rifles other then sport/entertainment, so id be fine if they were not allowed to be carried in public or be shot outside designated shooting ranges.

Not so the people who wanna mass kill 'wont be allowed to wear em and listen to those rules' but to lessen their availability and allow cops to know instantly who they need to shoot on sight without asking questions when responding to a shooting.

>protip, its not niggers for once, im implying they shoot people wearing automatic rifles in a gunfight.

Hunting rifles and shotguns should be legal. Everything else should be either completely prohibited or very highly regulated

Thats possible???? what about trumps firewall???

what about pistols?

Automatic rifles aren't "legal". You need to get a special license OR have your local Sherriff sign your papers, which isn't going to happen unless you happen to be good buddies with him.

On top of that, the actual rifle costs upwards of $15,000.

Not many people have $15,000 to spend on a gun.

for tards and criminals yes

It's because they suck at aiming just as bad as they suck all of our wellfare away

100% fucking retard detected

automatic weapons are illegal in every state, you fucking progressive tool.

Yes

I belive they would be included in 'everything else' you dunce

How can you tell if a rifle is automatic or not by just looking at it?

no

They have a selector switch for firing mode. Assuming its a rifle of course.

Why should this be illegal?

Why should this be illegal, yet an m1 grande is fine?

One is black and one is brown?

What about an m1 with black furniture, does that make it instantly illegal?

You can't see that unless you are at point blank range.

he was saying cops would be able to tell who to shoot by seeing someone carrying an automatic rifle

forgot pic

Oh that is pretty much impossible yes. I was assuming he was talking about looking at a gun at arms length

wow, you are just totally wrong on about everything.

They are completely legal in all but I believe 3 states.

As of just recently you no longer need Cleo signoff, you may just notify them.

there is no, nor was there ever a special license to own an automatic weapon, it is a 200 dollar tax and a registration of the weapon. done, you own it if you can afford it.

You may be getting confused with the rules to manufacture and sell current new stock automatic weapons.

ar15s do, not many rifles have a selector switch

absolutely wrong.

Yes.

youtube.com/watch?v=OyS3CEIbpJo

youtube.com/watch?v=HnJZ2haLPCw

yea, and an ar-15 is not an automatic. An m16 is, which is the rifle that the ar-15 is modeled after. Some people elect to purchase a drop in auto sear for their ar's which would allow automatic fire but if you can spot that pin from a distance while under stress then more power to you.

An m1 is capable of a very high rate of fire in the hands of a person who knows how to use it. It should be very heavily regulated and should only be made available with 3 round clips. The colour of the gun makes no difference, what its capable of doing is the important thing.
This should be completely prohibited, this gun has one purpose only. Killing or wounding as many people as possible. No civilian needs this for any reason. Period.

Thats an AKM, completely legal as long as only 9 parts are imported, rest has be to be made in the USA. I respect background checks because niggers shouldnt own. But the stupid fucking rules like the akm is just... they make no sense

They are illegal to own in every single state unless you have a very specific permit that you can really only get as a high ranking military officer. Fully auto is a federal crime if youre caught and you dont have the permit to

The AK does as well, so does the SCAR. Most modern day rifles have a selector module

>As of just recently you no longer need Cleo signoff, you may just notify them.

really? didn't know that I'll have to look that up

What about converting a rifle to auto, hypothetically? I know it's hectically illegal to do it, but what would be the "legal" procedure?

Still though, my point stands about not many people being able to spend $15k on a gun

Anyone who does is pretty much certain to be careful as fuck with it seeing as it costs as much as a (cheapish) new car

Ban guns. Good goyim.

they are. get used to it.

Yes.

However in order to obtain one, the owner should obtain a licence through a fee and pass a test in both practicle in the form of target shooting and handling, and written theoretical assessment through the knowledge of the local laws, handling, storage and safety protocols.

The owner should then require insurance of the firearms, and themselves in order to cover any monetary damage/provide financial recompence to persons they kill and/or injure.

The individual should then be summoned for a mandatory reassessment of their skills every 3-5 years in order to ensure the safety of both themselves and others.

So that saiga should be illegal but a mossberg is fine?

Put saiga and the mossberg and a mass shooter together, the shotgun will kill many more people.

I wonder (((who))) wants to take guns away from law abiding citizens so that only criminals who doesn't care about the law can get guns.

you are completely wrong, they are completely legal in all but I think 3 states.

You do not need a permit or anything ridiculous to purchase a transferable automatic weapon.

All you need is the money for the gun, the 200 dollar taz and you have to register it after you send a letter of notification to local law enforcement.

But please keep aguing with an ffl with an SOT 3

Basically any modern assault rifle or battle rife that is capable of either semi or full/burst firing mode has a switch to change between them. Converting a semi auto weapon to a full auto one is a whole other can of worms

Some should. Some shouldn't

you could not legally convert a gun to full auto unless you had a class 3 manufacturers license. And that does take a lot of shit to get including permission from local CLEO.

Dont mean to argue, im just an avid firearms collector. When did that change? I reside in CA and we still dont truly have Concealed Carry really

It is a mystery

Yes, but 32 round clips shouldn't.

An AKM only takes three drilled holes to convert oddly enough. Or fucking eBay

I thought guns were legal.

Did someone say shekels?

Why would anyone do all that when it's so fucking easy to convert one in 5 mins

fuck that

Not true.

A $200 tax stamp, fingerprints, signature of authorization from local law enforcement, a mental heath form (in some states) and a meager $15+ grand wasting away in your pocketbook might get you a very used and abused automatic/select fire weapon. There's a limited supply because a 1986 law prevents new ones being made.

or a ziptie

well, you should know that automatic weapons are not illegal, nor do they require special permits.

There exists a registry of transferable pre ban automatic weapons, anyone may purchase one of these guns by simply paying the tax and registering it.

Because the list of pre ban weapons is finite the people who own them set the prices and they are often very high.

No one may purchase NEW automatic weapons without jumping through many hoops.

?

Again you are missing the forest for the trees here. ANY gun in the hands of a skilled shooter can be used to kill en mass. But by limiting the capabilities of those guns, such as firing modes and capacity limits what can be done by a deranged shooter. A saiga with a large capacity will do a lot of damage. A saiga that can only hold 2 in the magazine and 1 in the chamber is less so, having to reload after every 3 shots limits what somebody who wants to go on a shooting spree can do and gives police a chance to close in and kill the fool. Any hunter who claims to need more that 3 shots in a shotgun needs to work on their aim some more

Pistols are fine, but anything else should be

I never meant to imply that you couldn't actually physically do it, just that you can not do it legally.

Plus if I am not mistaken the method you are referring to would result in automatic fire but it would not be an actual auto. It would simply allow the hammer to ride the bolt which is a very dangerous situation that could lead to out of battery detonations.

3 fucking in a clip? Are you fucking retarded?

Automatic seer doesn't fit without extensive modification, which you'd need to pretty much be a gunsmith to achieve. This is done on purpose. Among other things, most commercially available AR15 models have a high shelf lower which prevents the installation of the full auto/burst trigger group.

Wtf are you talking about. Pistols are the cause for most Murders by firearms. Theyre easier to conceal and theres a mass amount more of them. Doesnt sound like you know what youre talking about

Yes so it will be easier to take out newfags litke you for asking this question.

Pistols have one purpose, killing people. No civilian needs a pistol. They should be completely prohibited

Why shouldn't they? Provide one example other than some sort of bullshit bias that you have towards that which you wont/can't understand.

If pot is becoming legal across the nation slowly, due to mentality changing towards it, then why, do lawful gun owners get viewed as hicks that don't trust the government, and are basically murderers?

I faIl to understand why faggots refuse to accept that it isn't the gun. It's hate. Violence does not come from an inanimate object. It comes from the heart. How fucking hard of a concept is this for cucks to understand?

What a retard. Why the fuck should rifles be banned over pistols. Give me one good fucking reason to prove you said something logical

Yup. This is true. You used to be able to bypass some of it by creating a trust, but the new law changes this process slightly, requiring all people including trusts to go through essentially the same process but removing the Leo approval which was a defacto ban without legislation.

No mass shooter is going to use a gun that can only hold 2 rounds.

They will simply get easily available 30 round mags.

You can't remove all of the guns and mags out there by making them illegal, they won't just dissapear.

And one shot from a mossberg can kill multiple people. Sawing of the end is a whole other story and increases the spread even more.

Good luck killing 3 people with one 7.62 round.

Are you? A m1 would make for a fine hunting rife. If you are a hunter and claim to need any more than 2 or 3 rounds then you really need to work on your aim

it is not easy.

People think they know how but what they know how to do is file down pieces of the disconnector that catches the hammer after firing, this will cause automatic fire but without utilizing the proper parts and hammer/sear/disconnector geometry you will have out of battery detonation, mag dumps from uncontrolable fire and then likely blow your gun apart and your face.

Well said, OP is a faggot and so is the OP you quoted. Biggest faggots ive ever encountered

Let's apply those same rules to driving and a few other things on society, like purchasing and consuming alcohol.

You can always mail order a rebuild kit from...any country that offers them. Mexico is a prime example. High Capacity mags will never be a thing of the past

What?

Yes.
So should background checks and ownership and sales, storage, transport, and license restrictions.

no, it is called a drop in auto sear for a reason. look it up. It is specifically designed to...get this...drop in and work. it is a small piece of metal. It is a registered piece and they cost about, hmmm, I think the last time I checked they were going for about 80k

You are likely just thinking about dropping in the FCG and BCG from an M16 which, you are correct, you can not just do. But a DIAS is something different.

Not over night, make it illegal to posesse them and their availablity will decrease over time. Make a buy back program where people who own such high capacity magazines can turn them in, prohibit importation of weapons/magazines and this would aid in the process but again it will not happen over night

What if you're hunting big game?

you have 3 rounds, say you hit 2 out of 3.

That may not be enough to drop a bear or moose on the spot.

I'd feel much safer dumping 5 rounds or more

We're talking about laws.
>should guns be legal?
Don't forget murder is illegal. If people illegally modify legal weapons and use them to kill people, does that means we may as well scrap laws against murder?

And it fits both high and low shelf receivers?

yeah that works so well in Detroit

where most murders are committed with illegally owned, illegally concealed pistols

yes

Then reload you fucking tit head. An animail with 2 rounds in it is going to leave a blood trail, follow the trail and finish it off. I've watched my father and he friends kill one tonne moose at range with one round from a 30.06 bolt action rifle. They knew how to shoot, something you clearly nees to work on

that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

You know, some hunters actually hunt pest animals like hogs and coyotes, things that travel in large packs and decimate livestock and farmland.

These hunters take as much ammo as they can and they load as much as they can into mags to remain effective.

Anyone who makes the argument you make has obviously never fired a gun before, and they have obviously never fired a gun at an unknown distance either.

No it means we should drop the laws against modifying the weapon

A murderer is going to murder whether it be a hunting rifle or an AKM or a knife, or a bomb.

70k released felons from nations lockups,dems want 2,000,000 more syrian refugees,,nice people among them,which are nice,which are buzzards,govermint declines to consider the differences important,obama has done more for small arms sales than krupp industries salesmen.

Making it illegal in one part of the country but legal in others is pointless. This needs to apply to everybody everywhere in order to be effective

I agree completely. I think having at least one mag ready to go in your safe is a reasonable idea. Not to mention if youre going out to specifically defend yourself. Be efficient and have some mags ready that hold more than 5 rounds

2A is not about hunting. It is not about hunting now, nor has it ever been about hunting. All arguments beginning and ending with "you don't need xxxxx for hunting" are therefore invalid.

Engaging these arguments is validating them in the eyes of the uneducated and easily mislead public.

>bear running at you after you shoot 2 rounds into it

>HOLD ON BUDDY, LET ME RELOAD

Bear: "oh okay, i'll just wait here while you reload. no, no, go ahead I'll wait before charging at you"

Of course if you're a pussy ass that hunts from 15 ft deer stands you'll be fine, but that's not really hunting that's fishing.

You anti-gun fuck stains are literally some of the most re-goddamn-tarded ass babies ever. Seriously. Half of you faggots need safe spaces because your a pussy, and you champion bein meek. Reach between your legs and check to see if you have dangling bits.

Violence is not something that can be done, unless a person does it. One may argue that it happens in nature, and you are wrong. That's called life happening, or some shit like that.

There should be some sort of process to control it. That being said fuck trying to limit the constitutional rights of citizens that choose to exercise theirs.

Also as I stated before. Lawful gun owners deserve to not be looked at as murderers hell bent on shooting anything that moves. Just as those that smoke weed don't deserve to be put in butt raping prison for one joint. If you want shit to be legal for you, don't try to make shit illegal for us. . . Faggots.

You couldn't use it with a high shelf without milling the shelf down. But not all ar's are manufactured with high shelfs, I don't know if you were the one that said that or not but it isn't true. You can actually look up online and see which companies manufacture ar's with low shelf receivers. There are quite a few. If you are going to drop the cash on an RDIAS you would absolutely do your research and purchase a host that could fit it.

And criminals will still be criminals and have illegally owned firearms and use them in murders.