AOTY

Mark it on your calendars

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/news/70282-bands-featured-on-adult-swims-cancelled-million-dollar-extreme-disavow-show/
youtube.com/watch?v=S32pdKZIrjo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

AOTY

You know it's true

Pom Pom was great, but my fear of disappointment tempers my hype.

I just hope that he's turned the corner after Mature Themes, loom loom was a step in the right direction

I'd like him to go back to his lo-fi roots ideally but take the good songwriting with him

Kind of doubt it

Pom Pom was so bad apart from Not Enough Violence

listeners obviously disagree

what with the album being an obvious success without sacrificing any of the quirkiness or good songs that usually populate an ap record

Agreed. Loved that record, felt extremely ariel pinkish but also accessible

he mah go to boi

i'm a listener and i agree with him

who is this, chris chan?

>Pom Pom was so bad apart from Not Enough Violence

hey
neck yourself

listeners as a collective, senpai

>implying a cis white male deserves this award

they usually do and deserve to

Jamie Stewart and Angela Seo have already released the AOTY 2017 though

>xiu xiu
nah, i'm good thanks

Forget is just as mediocre as any xiu xiu album post-The Airforce

I want an album full of NEV

If not, there's backup

Nah he disappeared years ago. If by backup teacher you mean then yeah.

the man's coming back soon, he has his synths set up and is ready to knock hypnagogic pop out of the park again

as his last album was a 10/10 it will be difficult to beat, however what makes it even harder is that p4k is going to pan it like fuck because of his associations with MDE etc.

Hes going to get slaughtered by numales who hate MDE

He's going to release another 9/10 and it'll get shit on, just watch

I hate you

If it weren't a little weak towards the back third, Women As Lovers could be my favourite Xiu Xiu album. Dear God is great. Always has some great tracks but is mediocre. Nina has some great tracks but is hard to listen to at points. Angel Guts has some great tracks but the monotonous intrumentation and the way Jamie's voice was recorded ruined the album. Unclouded Sky is great. Twin Peaks is great. Forget is rather unmemorable to begin with, but the second half is fucking stunning.

Yeah he had synths set up back in 2014. Don't get your hopes up man, I wish he'd release something just as much as you but chances are slim

He's been a lot more active lately and he's finished his doctorate

promise you something is coming soon

Lmao. The john maus is alt-right thing is just a meme. There is no tangible evidence other than his appearance on mde, which was clearly just a slight from his confrontational weirdness rather than any actual beliefs.

pitchfork.com/news/70282-bands-featured-on-adult-swims-cancelled-million-dollar-extreme-disavow-show/

cucked media in full hysteria mode.

>people think Pom Pom is better than Mature Themes

wat. Also his best is Loverboy

You mean this will be 2017 AOTY

the difference is, Maus is actually smart compared to those flavor of the month p4k artists, not to mention he was on the show not once, but twice, not just playing music either

I'm not saying that Maus agrees with them politically, but he probably actually cares about freedom of political expression

You know John Maus is a literal, self identifying Marxist right? "We Must Become the Pitiless Censors of Ourselves" is a critical theory / communist quote. His mentor is one of the most famous dialectic professors of the last century. Him being friends with Hyde and disregarding P4k does not mean he's apart of your alt right sekrit klub

A) Pom Pom is much better than Mature Themes and the majority here will attest to that
B) House Arrest or Before Today is his best

youtube.com/watch?v=S32pdKZIrjo

ariel's the only artist where i just make a compilation of his best songs instead of listening to his albums. cause each album has a gem

Begone Sup Forumsdrones and pitchcuck

Fact

>loom loom
Have you actually listened to that album?

right, the point is that pitchfork feels the need to do a write up on musicians "disavowing" a comedy show.

Now it's time for pain that's right

It was talked about constantly on here before that article. If thats what faggots on a music forum are talking about then it makes sense a music publication would also take interest.

Honestly I might say album of the decade.
This, I used to be excited for new releases from my favorite artists, now it just causes anxiety.

HOW DID YOU KNOW OP

Ariel is OP

not enough violence was good
one summer night was good as well
that's about it from loom loom

so they should be writing about theories on the way grimes smells, too?

Explain this OP you're Ariel aren't you you posted on instagram "shitposting" last week