/who/ dr who gen

The Pirate Planet Edition

No shitposting allowed.

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

cultbox.co.uk/news/headlines/steven-moffats-final-doctor-who-season-will-be-filming-for-10-months
youtube.com/watch?v=oPr-4DpoMIw
youtube.com/watch?v=b7M2X5vTUz8
doctorwhotv.co.uk/moffat-confirms-14-episodes-for-series-10-79824.htm
archive.is/7eSsd
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That's Gareth!

/who/ deserves to die.

Pirates like candy!

cultbox.co.uk/news/headlines/steven-moffats-final-doctor-who-season-will-be-filming-for-10-months

How long does it usually take then?

youtube.com/watch?v=oPr-4DpoMIw

9 months plus Christmas specials

So 10 months is pretty normal. This is not significant news except it might suggest that s10 won't be on for quite a while.

He's a great actor but he was a shit Dr.

>yellow card

>b
Fuck off Cloister.

I'm not too au fait with soccer terminology. Please elaborate on your meaning.

>cultbox.co.uk/news/headlines/steven-moffats-final-doctor-who-season-will-be-filming-for-10-months

A new post on the BBC’s Careers website advertises the position of a Floor Runner for Doctor Who at BBC Cymru Wales “on a 10 month fixed term contract / attachment.”

this doesn't mean much though. that could be standard in case shooting goes over schedule

they're doing this years christmas special, series 10 and next years christmas special

fuck off FNA

>The Name of the Doctor aired 3 years ago

fucking hell. That is either quite funny or you really do think we're daft. kklak!

Please elaborate. I never played soccer.

Are you sure about that? Would Chibnall's Christmas ep be part of this team's shoot? It could happen that way but I'm afraid I'm sceptical without some concrete evidence.
If there is any evidence then fair do's.

youtube.com/watch?v=b7M2X5vTUz8

Chibnall isnt doing the 2017 xmas special

I fucking guarantee you all this "Hi Melanon" shit is some underage cunts on summer vacation. No one over 18 could legitimately think this is funny and no one of any age could be retarded enough to really think that 90% of /who/ posts are Melanon

>inb4 completely predictable response calling me Melanon

Christmas 2017 is Moffat's final episode
doctorwhotv.co.uk/moffat-confirms-14-episodes-for-series-10-79824.htm

SAMMI CARTER!!!
He's still alive!!

well, it's possible
s10 could simply be back to 13 episodes though m8

"Well it looks like we may now have an answer."

may

fuck off cloister

Christmas special this year.
12 episodes of series 10.
Christmas special next year.

FFS do we really have to wait that long to be rid of him?

Never really seen the series. Kinda liked one film I saw on TV. Should I start watching from the very beginning?

Do you honestly think Chibnall would have his first episode as show runner be the christmas special?

not listening? ok Andrea

If you liked the 96 movie then you'll LOVE the series.

Yes, watch from the very beginning with the 1963 episodes. I'm not joking.

yes.

I also honestly think that they may decide skip Christmas for a year, m8

Start with Series 5 Episode 1 Eleventh Hour.

they're not going to skip christmas

Start from Series 1 (2005)

>Kinda liked one film I saw on TV.
Which part of that film was your favourite bit, m8?

>they're not going to skip christmas

you have no way of knowing what they might or might not do, m8

Was it one of the Dalek films with Cushing or the TVM with McGann? TBQH NuWho isn't like either. The classic series might be worth a look though.

The tv movie is pretty much a perfect missing link between classic and nuwho in terms of style desu.

I disagree but you are free to your opinion.

That'll take some time to watch.
I was still in school, don't remember shit. Maybe it was about Daleks invading Earth or something like that.
Probably.

sure

How are trailers a special feature? You can find them online in seconds.

oh I see! So you know what Daleks are then m8?

>People still follow the new seasons

Moffat drove the show into the ground like it had a death wish. Season 4 and the specials were shit, but Moffat took it to a whole new level in 6. I quit at the end of 6.

That was one of the Cushing movies (there's two) they were remakes of B&W TV stories. Maybe it might interest you to check those out.

Start with series 1, skip series 2, stop after series 8 and then go back to based Baker.

>not watching Capaldi

6/7 were shit 8/9 are mych better.

B8

>Maybe it was about Daleks invading Earth or something like that.
Sounds like this one. It's a remake of a tv story from the 1st Doctor called The Dalek Invasion of Earth, the original is a lot cheaper and slower and worse but also grittier, might want to check it out.

>That'll take some time to watch.
If you don't want to watch the whole series at least do start with An Unearthly Child, it's a really good first episode.

Series 7 and 8 are comfy as shit. It's series 9 where he drives it into the ground.

Go for the classic series. I started with Pertwee but you can definitely start from the beginning.

>meme cunts who don't watch the show still consider their opinions worth sharing
S6 isn't even the worst series of NuWho

>go back to based Baker.
Not starting and ending with based Baker

>That'll take some time to watch
Will it? How do you know how many seasons/episodes they made then m8?

>series 7
>better than 9
Are you ok user?

>How do you know how many seasons/episodes they made then m8?
google?

Common sense maybe. I'd imagine if a show started in the 60s and was still going that there would be a fair few episodes to get through.

Series 7 was fun if simple
Series 9 was just plain bad. Its ambitions never worked.

you must genuinely think everyone else is a fucking idiot lol

Ignore it, we've had to deal with one or two of these people for months now. Common stirring rationales for series 9 being the worst thing ever include "It was too depressing", "The colours weren't good", and (from other people) "12 wasn't angry enough" or "Heaven Sent was the only good episode". Or worse, "Husbands of River Song was the only good episode". There is no known cure

>truth, m8

I'm not even the user you were talking to. I was just offering my 2 cents. Anyway, fuck off melanon.

It's Cloister you stupid cunt.

What are you even implying m8? That someone is baiting the thread by asking the pretty common and innocent question of how to get into the show?

Series 7 was boring. The worst thing Who can be.

>I'm not even the user you were talking to.

Fuck off Cloister.

>shifting seamlessly from Melanonposting to Cloisterposting
Next level shitposting right here.

Series 9 was pig shit. The worst thing Who can be.

Yeah, go ahead. Post a meme rather than responding like an adult.

Ignore it. It's m-user stirring up shit again (the one whining about bait I mean)

>String of random garbage that is oversized prologue (What is this? Classic series? I don't think even classic series allowed itself such waste of time)
>While Missy and Clara antics were fun, too much time devoted to pretentious moralizing
>A hour-long build-up to something. What is it, Classic series 2: Temporal boogalo?
>A series of fake-outs tied together with them most simplistic and cheap twist that somehow show felt it needs to explain
>Funny comedy. Spoiled by stupid speech a bit
>Clearly written by someone who doesn't want to write Doctor Who
>Ham-fisted political allegory
>Ham-fisted political allegory concludes with the most insane moralizing in recent memory
>I can't see a thing and all the plotholes were on purpose, honestly
>The one that is actually good. Sarah Dollard is our saviour
>The one that is also kinda good, but only for one time
>Time to rape the lore some more. I'm Steven Moffat and when it comes to plot arcs I develop ADHD
>Actually funny episode
3/13 would not watch again.

News just in:

Terrorists have carpet bombed Leeds forward into the Stone Age.

Film at 11.

>pigshit user likes s7
wew lad

>pretentious moralizing
Stopped reading there.

Which ep you talking about?

Just let /who/ die now. These threads are disgusting. Theres no saving us. Only death.

All series 9 in order

What is your favorite alien planet in SciFi and how did you get to Earth?

Yes. Yes I do like s7.

That middle 8 of Hide? Where the Doctor's investigating that plot of land at all points in Earth's history and Clara delivers the "We're all ghosts to you" speech? That's worth the price of admission.

Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS is better than any of you jerks claim. Nightmare in Silver had Warwick Davis, the opener had a neat premise with the WIFI deal, Crimson Horror did what it did well enough.

All you s7 detractors can take a flying leap.

HEHEHE LE SERIES 9 IS PIGSHIT MEME
L-LOOK GUYS IM HILARIOUS

>unexplored continent
>right in the middle of a bunch of explored stuff
y tho?

>be genuinely interested in the show, asking about it
>get called out Cloister
The fuck even is "Cloister"?

I was laughing at that, too. They have fucking spaceships! kklak!

It's like a covered walkway around a courtyard iirc.

An autistic tripfag who has become a boogeyman for even more autistic anons.

cloister is an anagram of

I R closet

>outed

Where was all the moralising in The Witch's Familiar? Do you mean the roughly 30 seconds at the end where he saves young Davros?

You're not fooling anyone cloister, time to fuck off now.

If you're serious about this, go here:
archive.is/7eSsd
and watch the first 20 minutes of An Unearthly Child.
Then report back.

Season 9 was pigshit though, sorry buddy it ain't a meme when it's true.

Wait they were on a single planet? Man that bothers me for some reason. The movie always gave me the impression they were in some strange nebulae atmosphere with various rocky planetoids floating about where the different races made their homes.

Damn, that's half my head-canon for that movie gone.

You suck, user. Thanks for ruining things, faggot.

I'm afraid that the comics are more canon than the movie.

the gay film was not real Flash Gordon