youtube.com/watch?v=sAUTfkk2zp0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yep

You'll never understand Hank Williams if you haven't been through heartbreak

Does Sup Forums even like Hank?

Yes.
He was very, very good.

Yessum

one time i listened to "i'm so lonesome i could cry" while i was in the process of being ghosted by a girl i was way too involved with
saddest musical experience i've ever had

yes. /thread

i like lovesick blues even though its a cover

definitely. early country is best country

Been really enjoying jerry lee lewis covers of him, the originals seem to come like from straight from the heart chakras, his seem more detatched and more unmoved or something, dunno
youtu.be/J3CP4Md5kTM

He was one of the greatest ever

You bet your fuckin' ass.

youtube.com/watch?v=-AChBNUV-7E

youtube.com/watch?v=8VauV1uyOdE

To be honest, he's absolute garbage, people only think he's good because "muh died at 29, so sad". His music is the shitty ramblings of a drug addicted alcoholic, and not even the good kind.

>69692548

some of his songs are pretty haunting
youtube.com/watch?v=sAUTfkk2zp0

I'm actually kinda surprised you guys listen to Hank at all

him and Jason Aldean are the only country artists I listen to.

and he arrives

Of course? Who'd say otherwise?

He was. Although plenty of people made his music quite a bit "cooler," Hank Williams should be recognized for his songwriting. Also, everyone also knows that the "Hank Williams gene" skips a generation, much like male-pattern baldness. Hank=pretty awesome; Hank II=shit, Hank III=bad motherfucker.

Was Marvin Gaye actually any good?

Was Miles Davis actually any good?

Were The Beach Boys actually any good?

He has some good songs. Too bad he's most widely known for hey good lookin

Hank was the original sad boy

Better than you.

He wrote "Move It On Over," which George Thorogood made famous (and admittedly quite a bit badass and therefore better), and I think that's maybe his most famous song.

I Saw the Light and I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry are also really famous for him, although probably more in the midwest and south, and those are all-time.

Yeah... it's a silly question with an obvious answer that still fuels discussion more than a statement...

>[Artist X] is good.

Dude... I get it. I mean, he's sorta the posterboy for lame whiteguy country from that era. But a lot of what he did went on to be wildly influential with people who were actually really entertaining, either by direct cover or because they'd call him a major influence. He might not have been all that amazing (to us in the 21st century), but he was a HUGE hit in his day and has been recognized as one of the biggest influences for country and rockabilly ever since.

whoever doesn't know of I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry is simply someone who doesn't care much about the history of music

Hey good lookin' is a song everyone could write but didnt. Best Hank.

so none of us, awesome

My personal favorite song is "Alone and Forsaken".

hank good. hank strong

That's like... your opinion, man.

Yes he was very good. Listened to him constantly a few months ago while going through heartbreak. Felt horrible.

I don't even want to read this thread because the shitposts will depress me but he's great and hugely important so let's not post him on Sup Forums again...this place is for memes

That said, a few favorite tracks

>Nobody's Lonesome for Me
>Howlin' at the Moon
>Long Gone Lonesome Blues
>Lost Highway
>Ramblin' Man
>I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry
>(I Heard That) Lonesome Whistle
>Weary Blues from Waitin'
>Lovesick Blues