man like L "Y" J

youtube.com/watch?v=A52--FKUQgU

pat benatar

rateyourmusic.com/~JamesCairns
Hiya!

grimes sucks

Nice meme. :^)

Haha :)

may i ask you why have you rated almost the full discographies of Blood on the Dancefloor, Asking Alexandria, Backstreet Boys and plenty of other popularly hated artists with a 0.5?

i really don't understand why would anyone keep listening to Brokencyde after giving their albums a 0.5, which you claim to consider "abysmal". i may understand hating an album and then checking another one, sure, why not? but five? what sort of expectations did you have when listening to the fifth one? the same goes to the five albums by A Day to Remember, and hey, you have even heard (and hated) the full discography of Pierce The Veil.

i mean - you did listen to those, right?

sonemic when

When I'm bored, I skim through discographies I expect myself to hate. If I can't make it through a song, I skip it. Hence why it's so easy to run through discographies like those. With anything 1.5 stars and above, I've heard basically every song on the album all the way through.

i still don't understand why would you end your boredom by listening to stuff you'll "hate" instead of, y'know, listening to the one you would like, and it's also strange for someone to be a completionist of bands he claims to hate while leaving unheard albums by some artists you seem to have among your favorites (talking heads, kyary pamyu pamyu, etc) but hey, you probably must know what you are doing

i think?

in any case, remember to always approach music with an open mind and never let ratings get in the way of your enjoyment

rateyourmusic.com/~InterLit
helllo

rateyourmusic.com/~riceshoes

Imma Be Black Eyed Peas

IMMA BE UP IN THE CLUB

I understand what you're saying. I don't know why I do it when I'm bored, in all honesty. Although, I do occasionally end up finding things enjoyable when I expected to hate/dislike them and vice versa. My listening habits are also pretty sporadic and on the fly. There's just so much to listen to.

does Horbgorbler use UHS?

imma Be Living That Good Lyfe Imma Be Living That Good Good

rateyourmusic.com/~jmarvin_

last day of finals....

horbgorbler invented UHS

Take This Out (Here Comes L "Y" J)

i thought sp59 did

is eurydome the only rymer with an aCTUAL asian girlfriend

literally who

he is a literally who, but i found him in some obscure emo release's ratings, and he seems to actually have an asian girlfriend

Despite my pretentious hipster neckwear, I'm afraid I only listen to loads of avant-garde rock and not much jazz or classical.

funeralparade

wow so wow yes these threads are actually irredeemable at this point huh

lick my acid

isn't he gay, like every other avan-teen

rateyourmusic.com/~St0rmrage
rateyourmusic.com/~M4rcus

pathetic faggots

what's the big deal? this is what every CRJ fan is like

He's bisexual

and they need to kill themselves

appears on (187)
Sweeties on RYM: Another tacky favourite rymers list by dunkelheit616, 50 Users Through Whom I Find Music Regularly by Decibelle, The International Musicalchemist Pseudo Intellectual Cult by musicalchemist, 168 Pink Floyd Tracks ranked by RYMers (started July 23, 2016, ended August 26, 2016) by floflo79, RYM's Golden Listmakers : Index by floflo79, Reviews that make me smile by Meliorus, RYM Ultimate Box Set > Missing Genres by floflo79, People Who are now on this list. by ChrisPC, I owe a great deal to RYM by JaggedJimmyJay, From Abstract Hip Hop to Zolo - RYM's Genre Experts by novocaine69, RYM Users You Should Check Out by Bishopboy1999, The most active RYMers by flowerofhamburg, I'VE GOT MY EYES ON UU by BIG_PRETENTIOUS_SNOB, People who favorited my lists and reviews by lechateux, RYM's Vaporwave Fans by Harley_Magoo, Il gruppo di elite, parte due by Poohkali, My favorite RYMers/ The GREATEST RYMers ever by R7R7MetaleR669, A list of RYM users who could teach you how to fight by wilczur, Users who have favorited the most items by flyingwill, Synthwave people by Slim_Slow_Slider, Love is a terminal disease by monkeyballs__, RYMterviews by beehivespirit, List of Favorite Reviews by Decibelle, come and join me in rating rate your music by lalalandon, Over Four and A Half Years on RYM & Still Remembering Mafia by djiaind, Genre Queue Hall of Fame (+ statistics) by Miklak, Ooh Shiny - Fun With User Charts by dataGuy, The GRTAG committers by hprill, 466 down to all eternity greatest lists canon by novocaine69, RYM old-timers by Namfoodle, Zero Point Five Out Of Five Point Zero by macgreen, Real names of RYMers by Equus, hey, i just met you & this is crazy but call me maybe? by dunya, The Electronic Voters by undead_warrior, Martin Popoff's "the Top 500 Heavy Metal Albums of all Time" by freis, my 25 favorite reviews on rym by lalalandon, Creepin' by Strawhenge

delete this

rateyourmusic.com/~Coldplaz

There's not much I can think of saying that would appropriately sum up how deeply important this album and Radiohead are to me without a bloated, meandering text that doesn't go anywhere, but suffice it to say this is incredible. When the dual voices come in at the end of Let Down it brings me to the brink of tears.

rateyourmusic.com/collection/duartemetal01/r5.0

~M4rcus's profile is even worse if you know what the rating descriptors are saying

why'd you blot out the times of posting?

I try not to acknowledge idol-kei as a serious form of music. It seems more like exploitation of lolita-esque girls. But Sakurai Kenta has created something dope with this unit and the music is intricate and top notch. Idol-kei for hipsters? LOL. Whatever it is, MBG and wed_camp are probably the only two idol-kei acts I support wholeheartedly

FEMALE VOCALS. That's maybe the only stable part of my musical taste, 90% of what I listen to is constituted of female vocalists, it's just MUCH better and pleasing to my ears. Almost any kind of female vocals, harsh, ethereal, dreamy, powerful, stomping, squeaky, exquisite, etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=xL1yodSKjWg

happy birthday to the best composer since js bach

>not rachmaninoff

lol

u dare compare rachjackinoff to the demi-god of music

beethoven started what rachmaninoff finished

why pick the birth of a romanticism when we have its perfection?

elide the 'a' in the second sentence

>anime fag has shit taste
who woulda thunk it

>beethoven started what rachmaninoff finished

i am so triggered it's not even funny

This, unironically.

>tfw you aren't #1 on anyone's compatibility list

beethoven tamed virtuosity and ingenuity to evoke sentiment

rachmaninoff pushed virtuosity as far as romantic-era theory could go, and, at his best, was even more evocative and moving than beethoven

i'm not saying beethoven wasn't a genius and a master, rachmaninoff was standing on the shoulders of a giant (and wasn't alone in doing so)

but, in so doing, he reached higher heights

>user is in my top 10 on my compatibility chart
>i'm not on his at all

wtf

that means they droned you but have a lot of other ratings

>rachmaninoff pushed virtuosity as far as romantic-era theory
You haven't listened to much romantic music, have you? Busoni, Alkan and Scriabin require higher piano proficiency and aren't as banal as Rach

rateyourmusic.com/collection/jmarvin_/strm_h,ss.rd/romanticism

about half a page

he's a poseur

i have listened to those three, and know how to play an alkan etude

alkan's work is more virtuosic, yes, but not nearly as beautiful. alkan seems less interested in sentiment and more in technicality

scriabin was definitely pushing theory past romantic standards, and doesn't figure in the comparisons i mentioned before. i have super high respect for what he did and love his music

busoni i don't know very closely and can't speak well to

i don't rate much classical music because i have listened to most of it on places like youtube and not in my digital library, and i only rate things in my digital library

rateyourmusic.com/~syrrup
:)

speaking of late romanticism, medtner is very underrated

>tfw you haven't gotten a friend request in like a month

post yr prof

Busoni's works are some of the most complex pieces in the late romanticism, I recommend listening to Hamelin's recordings of his piano concerto and Bach transcriptions(Late Works)
Also do you have any tips for improving my piano playing? I used to play it as a child and now I'm quite rusty. Any good internet resources?

rateyourmusic.com/~fruitfork

thanks, definitely gonna on busoni's piano concerto. i listened to it once when i was like 14 but haven't heard it since

it's really trite but the best way to get good is just to play a whole lot, and IMO to always be trying to learn things that are too hard for you. even if it's a trudge to get functionally playing the first line you'll have learned a lot more than you would've by just learning the thousandth beginner/whatever piece

that's what it was like when i learned that alkan etude a few years ago; literally painful to get started, but that's the point of alkan's etudes, they teach you by forcing you to do unreasonably hard things. makes normal stuff quite simple

i never really learned any technique stuff online so i can't really help you with that kind of resources

also, learn as much music theory as you can. there are plenty of textbooks for that available online

b u m p
u m p
m p
p

>rachmaninoff pushed virtuosity
he did
>was even more evocative and moving than beethoven
NO

how does sal always get banned

rateyourmusic.com/~deathmaumau

you're a good guy with decent taste

he's too transparent

the same 1.5k outdated and corny dadrock releases +muhclassical/drone credibility anyway

he's over

>If I can't make it through a song, I skip it.
Idiot

he really needs to kill himself

outdated and corny compared to what

The faggotry in this shoutbox is unparalleled.
rateyourmusic.com/~GonzoLewd

nothing that user is aware of i can tell you that much lol

people in sal's locale must end up banned from Sup Forums a lot because they end up assigned his old IPs

you're just so sad now

nuh uh

>GonzoLewd
Isn't that guy a friend of notorious Sup Forums tripfag

>a friend of notorious Sup Forums tripfag
And something like that counts as something nowadays? Sad!

>Any cute fetishes? Mmmmmmmm depends on what you would call cute haha. I've got a ton of different ones. Only ones I don't have are feet (although it's grown on me a bit) and shitting :P (among a small handful of others)
:P

I think you have to be legitimately autistic to send a message like this.

look whose talking

still not funny

OH YEAH! I forgot that even if the first half of a song is horrendous, it could still turn into a great song by the end! Silly me for not listening to every song all the way through. What are your guys' favourite moments from pic related?

Stop rating music you haven't listened to. When you rate something, you're rating all of it.

>completely missing the point of my last post

You said you skip though albums and then rate them. That means you're rating music you haven't listened to. This is a fact. What's stopping you from doing that to every album? What makes you different from Esichio?

what you do is one step away from handing out 0.5s without listening. now you "play" albums you "know" you are gonna dislike and barely listen to them since you already have made up your mind. next step, 0.5ing without even hearing

haha so funny, let's trash someone's discography for the sake of it because hey, i "know" it's already garbage. but if someone did that with grimes (listening to only a small fraction of her songs, already disliking based on previous negative experiences) you would most likely consider it unfair

Sad!

私はナイフが必要です

rateyourmusic.com/~phlg

QFT

Way back when I had ratings on my account there were several accounts with spooky similarity to mine, I added one of them as a friend and he promptly deleted the account.

Those are called drones.

your choice of particles is questionable

Okay so, to reiterate my last post because you obviously aren't getting it, what are your favourite moments from that Bull of Heaven album?