Hip hop is 'music' for people who don't know anything about music. true or false?

hip hop is 'music' for people who don't know anything about music. true or false?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PXg06uQhu8M
youtube.com/watch?v=ajHQaxdVoOY
youtube.com/watch?v=sul_sk397dw
youtube.com/watch?v=qv1O_zyt6Fc
youtube.com/watch?v=Sf7YpEfpYwI
youtube.com/watch?v=rT4wUByldo4
youtube.com/watch?v=No31kg1Gmh4
youtube.com/watch?v=Z4d2P8dsUSE
youtube.com/watch?v=cOkzgjW0B9M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

false

hip hop is MUSIC FOR FUKCIN STUPID RIGHT WING IDEOTS

that is objectively true

Hip Hop is boring and simplistic schlock for plebs and literal children:

youtu.be/PXg06uQhu8M

Kanye and Lupe to perform 'touch the sky' at Trump's inauguration.

It's going to be glorious.

There are too types of people in life.

RAPISTS who listen to rap. RACISTS who listen to hip hop.

>objective truth
>states his opinion

why are rockfags so retarded

hip hop is funny, like weird Al

>pimped nigs talking about their street experience

the basic hip hop rythm stimulates the vaginal flow in lazy sluts

whenever there is pussy, there's mass

Rap is always evolving.
Modern classics like To Pimp A Butterfly come out every year in the hip hop world.

Rock is still worshiping the ghost of John Lennon and believe that nothing could ever compare to Yellow Submarine.

nobody mentioned rock, stop being so insecure.

Yep, that's rock n roll for ya, forever trying to live up to Yellow Submarine.

Please tell me that this is actually going to happen. That would be so fucking cool.

this is true and anyone who says otherwise is straight up wrong.

musically, hip hop is invariably a simplistic 1-2 bar motif that gets repeated over a 4/4 kick-snare beat for 3-5 minutes. it's facile to the point of being pathetic.

musically illiterate people like it because lyrics are the focal point and it's easy for them to relate to words rather than music.

>a simplistic 1-2 bar motif that gets repeated over a 4/4 kick-snare beat

>trance & techno, black metal, some drone stuff

on what side of the shithole called life are you standing exactly?

>how to tell someone has never listened to a hip-hop song in their life

yeah but those are small niche genres which make no attempt at pleasing a wide audience. they're centered around minimalism and they use it in an artistic way.

hip hop is simple for the sole purpose of being digestible. at least modern hip hop is

you probably think this is a good song
youtube.com/watch?v=ajHQaxdVoOY

You could've at least made an effort and replaced Yellow Submarine with Sgt. Pepper or Revolver

get out

don't you have to go suck kanye's dick because p4k told you to or something?

you're a massive moron, please continue talking to me

>yeah but those are small niche genres which make no attempt at pleasing a wide audience. they're centered around minimalism and they use it in an artistic way.

lol are you serious? here, i'll give you some popular hip-hop songs for you that don't just appeal to "niche" audiences
>youtube.com/watch?v=sul_sk397dw
>youtube.com/watch?v=qv1O_zyt6Fc
>youtube.com/watch?v=Sf7YpEfpYwI
>youtube.com/watch?v=rT4wUByldo4
>youtube.com/watch?v=No31kg1Gmh4
>youtube.com/watch?v=Z4d2P8dsUSE

i get not liking hip-hop for other reasons, but don't act like the whole genre is shit just because you can't be fucked to look past the lowest common denominator

[genre] is only for [group of people]

prove me wrong
>protip: you can't

of course there are going to be exceptions. i'm speaking generally. there are a handful of hip hop albums which i really like. i just think that collectively as a genre, it's pretty shitty and small-minded.

it's now dominating the pop industry and we're getting tons of pathetic revolting shit because of it like thisor anything that future/young thug/desiigner/lil yachty/a cesspool of other shitty trap rappers are making today

also, to be fair, flylo and kendrick's newest stuff is much more jazz and r&b than it is hip hop.

These aren't the exceptions. You're just tuning out to all the good hip-hop out there because you have this preconceived idea that all hip-hop is terrible. If you had the inclination to look for good hip-hop you would find it.

Also, you can't just redefine the genre just to exclude people who are doing interesting things. Kendrick is absolutely making hip-hop music. So is Danny Brown, A$AP, The Weeknd, YG, Frank Ocean, ATCQ, and all the other artists you're just not listening to. Radio hits don't define a genre.

in general, hip hop is a person talking over a simple 4/4 beat with very little to no interesting musical composition. if you disagree, you don't know what hip hop is.

''no''

do you not know what hip hop is

you guys are just in denial because you obviously don't know jack shit about music theory. come talk to me when you can play an instrument

yes

>Kendrick is absolutely making hip-hop music. So is Danny Brown, A$AP, The Weeknd, YG, Frank Ocean, ATCQ, and all the other artists you're just not listening

but they're all trash though.

Dude listen to the album he posted. If you think just cause you can play an instrument you can disregard an entire genre simply cause you apparently know 'music theory' you're probably too young to be posting on this board.

hip hop allows effete leftist men to vicariously experience the masculinity they are denied

not him, but even if one album can be different from the rest of its genre doesn't mean anything positive for the genre

hip hop is still overwhelmingly garbage.

>hip hop is 'music'
false

best post ITT

Wow I'm really impressed I bet you're like a professor or something

look at the post he was responding to. i said "in general" if you think that one dj shadow album is representative of the entire genre of hip hop, then you're probably too young to be posting on this board.

The archive is down but there is a hip hop chart of 100 essential hip hop albums that have no rapping whatsoever. Hip hop is not just rapping over a beat.

>just one album
Do you want us to post every single album that doesn't fit into your retarded idea of what a genre you've never listened to is supposed to be?

My idea of hip hop is correct, it's a fucking terrible and simplistic genre for plebs and children

seeListen to better music.

>My idea of hip hop is correct

So do you have a ponytail or are you already bald?

please, tell us what music you listen to user, and please be specific

True, if you still haven't grown out of hip hop at the age of 18, there's no hope for you

Yep.

Full head of hair.

actual music.

this.

please be specific about the music you listen to

stop taking the bait guys

it's not bait, hip hop is trash.

it's simple music for the simple-minded. yeah i enjoy some of it every now and again, but if it's primarily what you listen to, then you should find a new hobby

go to bed

I've learned to spot bait years ago. At this point it's "taking the bait" for fun because it's all wiggley-woogely.

>it's simple music

So you only listen to art music, right. You wouldn't be posting this and just listening to another slightly different type of pop, right.

i don't only listen to art music, but i acknowledge the fact that it's objectively the best kind of music.

on the other hand you can't rightfully believe that prog rock/jazz/technical metal are on the same level as hip hop

>you can't rightfully believe that prog rock/technical metal are on the same level as hip hop

wow, way to oust yourself as a pleb no better than those you are shitting on

if liking those styles of music makes me a pleb then i'll gladly embrace my plebitude

No, that's metal.

Rap is essentially microtonal, but the the theorists ITT are all stuck in 12tet and are unable to hear it

Sometimes a little knowledge can be a bad thing

Oh gosh it so is. Similar to dub. Like when they'll kind of sing in those 'in between' notes that sings slightly off key but then you realizing they're hitting that askew note on purpose and creates this really amazing leaning quality

that *sounds slightly

Yeah exactly

One of the reasons Burt Bacharach was such a good songwriter was his ability to adapt spoken intonation into notes
He understood the emotional impact of spoken words

It's a shame people get so blinded by theory, which is after all descriptive and not prescriptive

>tfw most people on this board don't even know who burt bacharach is

legitimately depressing. the book of love compilation blew my mind the first time i heard it.

kek

>100 essential hip hop albums that have no rapping whatsoever
>Hip hop music also called rap music
>stylized rhythmic music that commonly accompanies rapping

>rock as a genre is for broad appeal and digestability with no real artistic creativity
>AC/DC, Oasis, Kiss, Twisted Sister, Nickleback and Aerosmith prove my point

Lyrically, hip-hop is a full century ahead of any other genre of music. Top level lyricists from other genres are roughly on par with a below average radio rapper like pitbull or flo-rida (and thats being incredibly generous.) Prove me wrong.

Remove the leftist bit and you could say the same thing about metal

>AC/DC, Oasis, Kiss, Twisted Sister, Nickleback and Aerosmith
>with no real artistic creativity
How do you measure artistic creativity?

>Lyrically

A lot of people care. Prove me wrong

what the fuck is your point

>Lyrically, hip-hop is a full century ahead
It always amazes me when I come across whole fucking essays on some rap verse. Considering most people nowadays get secondary education, you'd think they might have at least heard about actual poetry, yet for some reason they insist on looking for beauty and deep meaning in the heaps of verbal diarrhea produced by thesaurus-armed niggers. Worse yet, some of them have the nerve to praise it as a stroke of artistic genius. Truly next level of degeneracy.

NOW IF I FUCK THIS MODEL

Any modern poet is just a rapper who lacked the swagger to be a rapper.

hip hop and rap are only considered cool because the majority of weed dealers are googles

suburban moms, connoisseurs of taste

Hip Hop is fine.

The early 90s and 2000s were great.

Rap is shit though.

>"shit fuck pussy nigga nigga money gun boom pussy"
>"you just don't understand the deep meaning"

this

friendly reminder Sup Forums and pitchfork worship Young Thug's 'artistic genius' even with that "dick in her ass and her throat" line

What's wrong with him rapping about putting dicks in asses and throats? Seems fine to me. Lines like these resonate with people who have put their dicks in asses and throats.

But trump wants Muslims banned

Isn't Lupe Muslim now?

its the most popular genre in the world with most played genre on spotify maps worldwide.

And yet still rap features the best lyricism of any genre of music

hip hop is for people who aren't talented enough to play an instrument

All other forms of music are for people who aren't talented enough to write a good rap song

anyone can write 8 lines where the last word ryhmes with hoe

>rap features the best lyricism
>best lyricism

An illiterate retard praises rap.

>being too scared because muh bad words are bad :(
>Marquis de Sade is bad cuz muh bad words too :(

literal children talking here

>I'm a grown up boy not afraid of bad words
>mindless obscenity is full of deep meaning
Must feel great to be a rebellious teenager.

you can't judge anyone's tastes if you still like radiohead

It objetively does though. Sorry pal, that's why it's the most popular genre of music right now. Tell artists in your genre of choice to write more relatable lyrics and then maybe people will start listening again (probably not though.)

hip hop is the new rock and roll, which is why there is so much shit to search through before you find the good stuff

>mindless

ok m8

Is hip hop just a euphemism for a new religion?

>equates popularity and quality
You can leave now.

Mike Tyson is also a muslim and he was supporting him. Those are hard worked "educated" black people who actually want to do something instead of getting welfare and the food stamps, so i guess Lupe has nothing against him. I dont know but that would be my though

I'll let bill explain

youtube.com/watch?v=cOkzgjW0B9M

With the exception of cLOUDDEAD, yes.

music is never for just one particular type of person

if you think that you are likely an image-obsessed pleb

>also called rap music

No.