How does one get into nba basketball? Can playing that shit help me grasp basic knowledge and stuff?

How does one get into nba basketball? Can playing that shit help me grasp basic knowledge and stuff?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jPuH6zlRnzM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Worked for me

Two weeks ago I got the game for free on PSN. And yes, will help. Also play with one team and you'll learn all the players, what they can and can't do, etc

Whats so hard to understand? Put the ball in the basket, pretend you defend, repeat.

Yes. Keep playing and then start watching. You can watch the French team in the Olympics soon they got some good talent

I just watched a few games until I picked up the rules. It's more complex than some very superficial knowledge may suggest but it doesn't have the crazy rulebook of American Football.

(I haven't played 2K, but supposedly it's not that friendly to beginners, without much in the way of tutorial modes and shit)

Is there anything worth watching or reading to learn about team's history or great important moments, stuff like that?

Yeah I heard about that too, guess I'll try and see

be a nigger

sure

It will help but just to warn you, the game itself sucks and is rigged to make you lose in the 4th quarter every time

basketball is the simplest sport ever, there are 5 guys on each team and they have to score goals by throwing the ball into the hoop. a normal shot is 2 points and the longer shot behind the line is worth 3 points. you can't run and carry the ball you have to dribble it off the ground. that's pretty much all you need to know, the other rules are fairly minor and refer to what is and isn't a foul. i mean, even poor chinese with no education can understand how it works, it's piss easy to learn.

just watch 2 games at the upcoming olympics and you should be able to pick it up by then

2K is a decent game, but kinda glitchy and the AI cheats hard like the guy above said. Play it if you can get it for cheap, but I wouldn't pay for it

you just suck

I downloaded it for free on PSN but can't understand how to play the fucking thing at all. Once I lose the ball the defence just seems to go in to auto pilot

>is rigged to make you lose in the 4th quarter every time
so you're saying it's a realistic simulation of the NBA?

Yes

It will help you watch the sport not play it.

The passing in 2k16 is garbage btw

This.

>try simple inbound bounce to point guard
>chucks ball downcourt, over my center's head and into the stands

As a kid I learned the rules of all my sports from videogames. That being said sports games today are really fucking complicated unless you turn the AI to useless.

Why not just download the Western conference finals and NBA Finals from somewhere on the internet and watch them intently?

Probably cause that'd be fucking boring.

Nobody watches old footage unless they already like the sport

I learned a lot from NBA live 99 back then.

Depends which teams. GOAT teams usually have some documentaries about their historical moments.
This can give you a quick overview of the evolution of style of plays and a glimpse at some dynasties, maybe you can start from picking something from there.
youtu.be/jPuH6zlRnzM

I started with 2K and now I'm the biggest bball nerd I know so definitely. 2K16 sucks though, I went straight through it from 2K13 and it's so shit

If you want to know what players are good at what stuff or what positions they play, yeah get the game. If you are trying to wrap your head around the rules, watching the games will help you learn them, it's not hard to understand. 2K teaches you shit like backcourt violation, Back to the Basket violation, 3 second violation and other shit like that.

Don't get 2k16, wait for 2k17. The Career mode in 2k16 is the worst thing since the birth of Hitler. Spike Lee might just be the embodiment of diarrhea

>2k teaches...

I still have no clue what a reach in foul actually is

the 2k franchise has been ass since 2k10.

It's rigged bullshit

That's probably because a "reach-in foul" is literally not a rule in basketball.

What people call a "reach-in foul" is a normal foul when you hit someone, usually on the arm, when you're trying to steal.

Git gud. 2k15 and 16 have been the best in the series.

>micro-transaction player

>best in the series

not saying much, the AI in that game is trash and has always been trash

the difficulty levels are memes, increasing difficulty doesn't make your opponents smarter or better, it's not like they run better plays or defend against your gameplan better, it just makes your players retarded so they can't make simple passes and miss wide open close shots and layups while the AI launches full court bombs that glitch through your defender to the AI shooters who all of a sudden can now hit 65% of their FG's even with a hand in their face

It really helped me out

It is rigged some times but if you go ham and make it a no contest by the 4th then it doesn't matter what the cpu tries to do. I always get a "maybe if this run had come a little earlier they'd still be in it" from the commentators because the team we'd be thrashing would go on a run but I'd already be up by 20-40 points. Two seasons ago in Mycareer I went 80-2 but I played every game but those two.

I play 2k throughout the season regularly every year. I can get my player to 90 by the all star weekend every year. It isn't that hard
Now that's just wrong. You put the game on rookie and they just stand there compared to Hall of fame where they are always moving the ball and running plays.

He's right you know