Instead of the Rooney Rule, the NFL should adopt the Sehorn Rule

Instead of the Rooney Rule, the NFL should adopt the Sehorn Rule.

Where each team has to try out a white cornerback for the team. There's not enough white cornerbacks in the league.

Other urls found in this thread:

larrybrownsports.com/football/steelers-coach-mike-tomlin-was-reportedly-too-hip-hop-for-the-dolphins/51484
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

dad raciss

This makes sense. White Cornerbacks barely have any opportunity to start in this league

just move dudes like Harrison Smith and Ryan Weddle to corner

That's because white guys are all playing WR now a days.

Was he actually any good?

He dates the chick from law and order

>The Rooney Rule is a National Football League policy that requires league teams to interview minority candidates for head coaching and senior football operation jobs.
A M E R I C U C K S

Go get chopped up by a muslim

no thankyou sir

there's 32 head coaches in the league and 27 of them are white men. so it's basically just a half-assed version of affirmative action that doesn't even work.

>negro analaysist on ESPN
>"there is NO minority owners in the NFL, that HAS to change if the NFL wants to pride itself on diversity"
>expects some NFL team to give a handout and give a random black person ownership
theres a reason why there's no negro owner, and its not because the evil white boogyman is oppressing the KANGZ

I can't think of any white dbacks other than Sehorn, Weddle, and Pat Tillman

thats not how "diversity" works

notice there is no push to make the NFL reflect the demographics of the country

Lynch

Get ready, they're trying to push through something similar to get women into the front office positions.

oh and Schweigert of course

this, I noticed that in the NFL and especially in college there's a lot of white dudes playing receiver and running back, hard to find a college football game going on that doesn't have 1 or 2 white starting receivers
>white resurgence is upon us

i wanna see them give the eagles to a homeless nigger for teh lulz.

>5 out of 32 coaches are black

So black people make up about 15% of the general population and about 15% of NFL coaches? Sounds like it's working to me.

I see someone listens to Dan LeBatard

4 coaches are black, and the fifth is riverboat ron.

Thanks MLK for that insightful banter

Short passes to little white slot receivers doing rub routes and big white tights ends on slants are the meme nowadays

It's all Belichick's fault tbqh

I feel like it's because whites are slightly more intelligent while blacks are slightly more physical and faster.

>no minority Owners

negros want a negro owner.

There are only 12 black billionaires in the world. Only 3 of them are American. Two of them are Michael Jordan and Oprah, though LeBron will join Tyra club soon enough

This is the one position white guys are too slow to play.

*that club

Fucking SwiftKey

fucking phoneposter

>this meme
race is just a color remember ;^)

I'm sure they'll make the Panthers be sold to Michael Jordan when Jerry Richardson dies

It's more about getting the interview than getting the job. The issue was that minorities were not even getting looked at to show that they could handle the job...

In my opinion we need the Rooney rule but we need it expanded all the way (or much further) down. The more minorities get to interview to be OC or DC the more quality minority candidates there are which increases the caliber of HC candidates all around....

He's barely worth a billion

They'd have to make the Bears be sold to Oprah

I thought you implied Tyra Banks was a billionaire and I was like no fucking way.

>It was created as a reaction to the 2002 firings of head coaches Tony Dungy of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Dennis Green of the Minnesota Vikings, at a time when Dungy had a winning record and Green had just had his first losing season in ten years. Shortly afterwards, U.S. civil rights attorneys Cyrus Mehri and Johnnie Cochran released a study showing that black head coaches, despite winning a higher percentage of games, were less likely to be hired and more likely to be fired than their white counterparts. Former NFL players Kellen Winslow and John Wooten then put together a self-described “affinity group” of minority scouts, coaches, and front-office personnel, to advocate for the rule's creation.[4]

>Since the Rooney Rule was established, several NFL franchises have hired African American head coaches, including the Steelers themselves, who hired Mike Tomlin before their 2007 season[5] (The Steelers, however, had already interviewed Ron Rivera who is a Hispanic minority to fulfill the requirement before interviewing Tomlin, and Rooney himself contends that Tomlin's hiring did not result from the Rule).[6] At the start of the 2006 season, the overall percentage of African American coaches had jumped to 22%, up from 6% prior to the Rooney Rule.[7]

Take that for what it is

The issue with football and certain positions, it starts with the coaches. They subconsciously believe only black people can play certain positions, so they don't bother trying whites at cb because the back of their mind they are told whites are at whatever genetic disadvantage when it comes to playing cb.

The same things happen with the qb and rb position. We've seen the rise of black qb's and then slowly the potential return of white rb's with the rb currently playing at Stanford.

whites play receiver, DBs are just slower, shorter recievers

the reason why whites don't play corner isnt because of athleticism, its a cultural thing plus all the white skill position players want to play receiver

Because we aren't in an age where the best candidate will get the job regardless of race. The Dolphins interviewed Mike Tomlin when they decided to hire Cam Cameron. The Dolphins said that Tomlin was "too hip-hop." But what the Rooney rule did was get Tomlin at least into the network of people being considered for head coaching jobs.

larrybrownsports.com/football/steelers-coach-mike-tomlin-was-reportedly-too-hip-hop-for-the-dolphins/51484

Sounds like a joke desu.

how much would a meme team like the bucs or the jags sell for?

White dues end up playing safety which is basically the cerebral, thinking man's secondary position.

Being a cornerback is heavy on reaction speed, light on thinking.

>bucs
>meme team

Underage GTFO. The Tampa 2 was fucking legendary. One of the best defenses of all time. They had multiple HOFers on that team.

>not that many white skill position players
>the majority of which play a premier position; receiver
>corner is a position no one wants to play, least premier skill position player
gee I wonder why

>Tomlin too hip hop
>asking Dez Bryant if his mother was a prostitute
>allowing Richie Incognito to bully Jonathan Martin to the point of attempting suicide

thank you based lolphins for providing so many keks with your ineptitude

At least a billion. No matter what team it is, it's still an NFL franchise. Owning one is basically a license to print money

Corners are so much more fucking valuable than recievers.

not in high school where a players career starts, corner is bottom of the skill position group

>corner is bottom of the skill position group

That's absolutely wrong. Most high schools will have their best athletes playing both sides of the ball. A bad corner will get fucking roasted by a semi competent receiver. Which is why a lot of high schools play a mix of man-zone.

not in our league, you put your best athletes at receiver and running back, the kids who play corner are the short receivers who can't catch

Wide receivers who can't catch eventually switch over to cornerback.

and that is why your league, or at least your coach, was probably shit

just look at the SEC, they put their absolute best athletes in the secondary.

every school does that plus teams from our league won the state championship my senior year and the year after my senior year

corner isn't a priority position that kids grow up wanting to play, you get put there when there's no room for you elsewhere

He was really good. Until he tore up his knee on a Kick off return in the preseason....

Was never the same since.

How the fuck did this guy do it? Absolute madman

cornerbacks are just receivers that can't catch or nigs that want to hurt people
white people can catch
thus, white people are all receivers

Nice open-mindedness right there.

Nah they only gotta be niggas man. See niggas are the most oppressed race in history.

Or we could completely iradicate racism from the league by banning all whites