Overrated Albums

Is this accurate Sup Forums?

I agree with all of these but the two on the right

>The Zombies
I mean it's overrated but it's not that overrated

I agree with all of these except for Spiderland. Replace it with Loveless

add art angels and anything by death grips instead of the zombies and the avalanches, and this is painfully accurate

>unwound lite
>not overrated

But Loveless had talent and music theory.

>Spiderland
Its not popular enough to be overrated mate

>unwound lite
pain
i feel pain

Acurrate

everything except kanye. unknown pleasures wouldn't be overrated if closer weren't better

nice dubs but I hope this is bait

Agree with all except U2. They're universally hated and no one on this board likes them, the album could be a 5/10 and it would still be underrated considering how much hate they get

Albums that deserve their acclaim/reputation:
Spiderland
Unknown Pleasures
Ys.

Slightly overrated, but great nonetheless:
MBDTF
Odessey Oracle

Overrated (but doesn't mean their unlistenable):
Joshua Tree
That Arctic Monkeys album
Since I Left You (yes they made one fluke album)

>Slint fans actually believe this

U2 are critically acclaimed.
They just hated because Of Bono. Which makes sense.

I've been seeing so much hate for Slint on Sup Forums lately
>tfw after 4 years of being on here it's still my favorite Sup Forumscore album

Good.maybe you'll learn about music Thorey.

Fuck off mobile poster

>tfw Spiderland is 25 years old and sounds like it could've been released yesterday

it was fantastic for its time, and important. but sophomoric lyrics ruin it for me

>everything except kanye
Kys

>tfw spiderland was released yesterday but government spooks have been planting false memories in everyone's minds

Ys is anything but overrated

Kanye's is the most overrated album on there though

>sophomoric
I agree, but the spoken-word singing of them still gives it its desired effect
besides the oldest member of the group during the recording was like 22, cut them some slack

>being contrarian
>2016

if you can't listen objectively to that album and feel something or at least realize something is happening, i feel sorry for you

i was published at 17, it's not that hard

Learn music Thorey.

okay but no one outside your circle's heard of you kiddo

Yes, no, yes, yes, no, no, no, yes.

Meme

haha, nice impression of a pleb user

cause i didn't make an overrated album

Pretty much, but Since I Left You is legitimately incredible.

lol okay
leave it to us Slint fans to enjoy it by ourselves then :)

You mean overrated on Sup Forums or in general?

Because nobody even likes the Arctic Monkeys on Sup Forums

I get everyone here loves to hate U2, but how is Joshua Tree overrated? It is unironically one of the greatest albums of all time.

The concept of an album or any piece of media being "overrated" is fucking braindead. It's not an argument. It doesn't start discussion since anyone who disagrees with you can just say "well I think it's underrated"

It's brain dead to assume stating anything as overrated is suppose to start a discussion.
You're really stupid,

>The Zombies
Way overrated, still good though, it's just the ridiculousness of people singing its praises when there's much more worthy albums from the time
>Joy Division
Probably the most overrated album on there, it's ridiculous how much credit it gets that it doesn't deserve
>U2
Overrated sure, but like half the album was huge hits, so that one at least makes sense for people who never listen to the second side, it's basically a greatest hits album, still, nowhere near U2's best
>Slint
Eh, it's overrated but not that much, there's much worse albums from that era that are more highly rated
>Arctic Monkeys
Yes, but it's so mediocre, I forget that people praise it
>The Avalanches
Sure, but I think The Avalanches have successfully ruined themselves this year so praise for that album will continue to drop off
>Kanye West
Highly overrated at the time, I think most people have already forgotten about it as they should have, he only made one great album and another good one
>Joanna Newsom
Overrated for sure but I'd say it's probably the least overrated of her albums

How can you be the lite version of something that came after you? That's just natural progression.

slint is the most overrated pile of shit on this entire site, and that's saying something. The band doesn't even deserve being capitalized it's that bad.

>only made one great album and another good one
there's a lot of lies there but this one hits the hardest

thanks for your highly-esteemed opinion

No problem, anytime. Need anything else?

yeah, your non-shit opinions

Aww, did I hurt your lil' feelings? It's ok, you can like your teen angst spoken word suicide-core.

no because only one of those albums exists (spiderland)

Who's crazy abour Joshua Tree? Spiderland, SILY, O&O and Ys are all properly rated btw. You just don't get them yet.

Did you jack off to the film Kids?

Numerous times. Who doesn't?

That Arctic Monkeys album isn't under rated. You basement dweller robots just haven't experienced a night out with the lads having a cheeky nandos so you don't understand it.

yes you were

Spiderland is the best album ever

Of course you were. Bravo, bravo, bravo!

i agree but people saying shit like that in threads like these is what gets them called "overrated", because a bunch of faggots will automatically hate something if many people like it

let them, its their loss

>People can't have different opinions: the post

Pathetic.

Wrong. It's not because "many people like it." It's because the album is just not that good.

Seriously, what the fuck? The drumming on it is one of the least pretentious mathrock drumming I've ever heard. It's just a great album all around. It definitely deserves its cult following

Ys is the greatest achievement in folk music since 60's Bob Dylan.

y for all except unknown pleasures

No, Patrick, posting shitty music on soundcloud doesn't count as being published

Keks

Only the Joy Division album is overrated. Haven't heard the Joanna one so cant speak for it

Ys is a bit overrated by her diehard fans but painfully underrated by everyone else.