Official Cleveland Indians @ Baltimore Orioles Gamethread: Best of the Best Edition

Cleveland Indians (56-40) v. Kansas City Royals (56-40)
Sunday, July 24, 2016, 1:35 pm ET
Oriole Park at Camden Yards, Baltimore, MD
90 degrees (Feels like 100), Partly Cloudy, Wind 3 mph Southward

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/mlbtraderumors/status/757274569719832576
m.reddit.com/r/MLBStreams/comments/4udtps/game_thread_baltimore_orioles_vs_cleveland/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1. Carlos Santana, 1B (.253, 21 HR, 54 RBI, 4 SB)
2. Jason Kipnis, 2B (.284, 16 HR, 52 RBI, 7 SB)
3. Francisco Lindor, SS (.304, 12 HR, 49 RBI, 13 SB)
4. Mike Napoli, DH (.244, 22 HR, 67 RBI, 3 SB)
5. Jose Ramirez, LF (.287, 4 HR, 41 RBI, 10 SB)
6. Lonnie Chisenhall, RF (.299, 6 HR, 31 RBI, 5 SB)
7. Juan Urbe, 3B (.215, 7 HR, 25 RBI, 0 SB)
8. Tyler Naquin, CF (.322, 12 HR, 29 RBI, 3 SB)
9. Roberto Perez, C (.000, 0 HR, 1 RBI, 0 SB)

SP: Corey Kluber, RHP (9-8, 3.42 ERA, 9.07 K/9, 2.09 BB/9)

1. Adam Jones, CF (.266, 17 HR, 54 RBI, 1 SB)
2. Johnathan Schoop, 2B (.292, 16 HR, 57 RBI, 1 SB)
3. Manny Machado, 3B (.314, 20 HR, 55 RBI, 0 SB)
4. Chris Davis, 1B (.228, 22 HR, 59 RBI, 0 SB)
5. Mark Trumbo, RF (.283, 30 HR, 73 RBI, 1 SB)
6. Pedro Alvarez, DH (.240, 12 HR, 30 RBI, 1 SB)
7. Ryan Flaherty, SS (.221, 3 HR, 13 RBI, 2 SB)
8. Caleb Joseph, C (.202, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB)
9. Julio Borbon, LF (.333, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB)

SP: Vance Worley, RHP (2-1, 3.16 ERA, 6.49 K/9, 3.33 BB/9)

This Day in History: (Couldn't find a specific Orioles' fact so I'll put two that at any rate include O's)

1949 -- In the opener of a twin bill at Griffith Stadium, Indians’ hurler Bob Lemon helps his cause by hitting two home runs in a 7-5 victory over the Senators. Cleveland completes the sweep when Gene Beardon gets the victory in the Tribe's 5-2 win in the nightcap.

1968 -- ChiSox reliever Hoyt Wilhelm breaks Cy Young's record when he makes his 907th career appearance, pitching a third of an inning in which he gives up a run on two hits to be on the short-side of the team's 3-2 loss to Oakland. The 45 year-old knuckleballer, who will retire in 1972 after pitching in 1,070 games, will finish his 21-year major league career with a 143-122 (.540) won-loss record and 228 saves, hurling for the Giants, Cardinals, Indians, Orioles, White Sox, Angels, Braves, Cubs, and Dodgers.

2011 -- Former Blue Jays, Orioles, Mariners, and Phillies general manager Pat Gillick, lifetime .300 hitter Roberto Alomar, and Burt Blyleven, ninth on the all-time list with 60 shutouts, are inducted into the Hall of Fame. Gillick won two World Series rings (1992-93) in Toronto with Alomar as his second baseman, and Blyleven helped the Twins win the 1987 Fall Classic as well as playing for the Pirates team that won it all in 1979.

Sub-edition: Avoid the sweep edition

Go Tribe!

Go O's

Listening to the radio, did Davis's D look good there?

>Not eating Old Bay cheese balls while watching the O's

CHIZZ

Vanimal looks sweaty. I'd hate to be out there in this heat today.

Welp

Okay Indians please score some runs for Kluber

getting tired of non-hitting catchers

Berto WHY

LUCROY NOW

twitter.com/mlbtraderumors/status/757274569719832576

But he did hit it (and then ran into an out).

Is Vance Worley actually good?

I thought he was just a terrible long reliever/spot starter with hilarious meme goggles, but his ERA is decent and his stuff looks good.

Submitted before I could change it desu. Watching with gameday, just said it was an out

Indians are putting on a clinic for O's pitchers but give credit where it's due, they've done fine against a mid-upper tier offense

The good ol' 2-out double play.

Napoli I SWEAR TO GOD
REEEEE

He does a great job of getting the ball in play and letting his defense do all the work. But I wouldn't call him anything more than an average long reliever who we need to start because our rotation was falling apart

>gameday
Ah okay. I'm watching on STO but one of these streams should work for you:
m.reddit.com/r/MLBStreams/comments/4udtps/game_thread_baltimore_orioles_vs_cleveland/

Thanks user. I'm """""writing a paper""""" right now so I'm trying to not spend too much time but having the audio is nice

Whew looks like Kluber's nasty today

BABY FACE PLS

Hammy is probably extra ornery today so you might actually be better off with Archie and Blunderwood

I would enjoy it more if we could get some run(s).

Agreed.

Lead off BB PLEASE CONVERT TO RUN

Juan pls

JESUS CHRIST FINALLY

PLEASE GET AT LEAST ONE RUN

>White Sox walk off the Tigers to finish suspended game. Indians now 6 games up on DET

Baequin pls

BTW Sox won the suspended game

FUCKING YES

Thank You Baequin

Should have been 2 outs

COME ON ROBERTO

ROBERTOOOOOOOOO

Honestly I never understood why people like baseball until today. I just got really high and I'm really getting into it. I realized how to just relax and enjoy it even if it's not as good as football. I can totally see myself going to one of the vs. Rangers games like next week.

I'll definitely take it. Need a shutdown inning, Klubot.

Come on Klubot don't give up the ship

Please no...

KLUBER STOP IT

Based Manny

Goddammit

Kluber pls

He's safe!

He's safe

If this gets overturned...

What a shit series, literally nothing is working

It will, because he's obviously safe. Not even remotely debatable.

Yep :(

I hadn't seen a replay yet

Are runners allowed to raise their arms up like that in the direction of the throw?

It's just mind games. Nothing in the rules against it

wow nice SDI Kluber you rat bum

bumposter pls go

quality inning at the plate. good to see after giving up the lead

Let's get this money

All I wanted was one win guys...

He did get the DP that would've ended the inning but they couldn't turn it with even slow ass Pedro Alvarez running.

SCHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP

Well, there it is

SCHOOP

Welp

freakin BUM!

they still scored a clean run on a double and single so it wouldn't be an SDI anyway if they turned it

SCHONG

But it would've been 2-1 if they turned it. You act like the Orioles don't have a great offense and Kluber has to throw a fucking complete game shutout.

What about the defense letting him down? Or our offense?

The Indians CAN come back from this, but will they? This was the problem last year (well, longer than that but still): they get emotional during the game, get into 'just give up' mode. It's been much better this year but you still see it.

we have 0 home runs on an extremely hot and humid series in one of the easiest home run parks in baseball

not good!

but an SDI is a scoreless inning after having scored yourself. He almost has to lately!

I don't think the defense really let him down. It's true the Indians can't convert DPs but a lot of the time they're not really DPs to begin with. Something they need to work on though.

terrible

Yeah, it's the offense that's not clicking here.

If they can't win this one they'll have to hope they can take at least one from Nats after the off day.

Damn that first pitch was nasty

If you honestly are going to hold him to that standard and let off the hook the defense, I don't know what to tell you.

No reason not to be able to turn it with who was running. Kipnis and Lindor are better than that.

Held the high power Orioles offense to 3 runs so far (should've been 2) but somehow Kluber is the """bum""".

>No reason not to be able to turn it with who was running.
A lot of the time it just depends on how the ball is hit. I didn't get to see that individual play though.

Some of us are kind of temperamental. Also maybe getting a bit spoiled this year, it's never fun to watch a team that can perform better do so.

Honestly surprised how well O's pitching is. Please don't play Indians in the post season kthnx

>better [NOT] do so.

Couple insurance runs will be nice, but great job Worely

Maybe we'll get lucky and Detroit loses again. Getting swept is SHIT but I don't mind losing to this club, O's are tough. These are the teams that you can live with losing to in the regular season.

At least he didn't kill the kid like Nap, lmao

>Worley pitched 7 2-run innings

That's nuts

The rotation might be salvageable after all

"""""Bum"""" Kluber has had several SDIs now. Where's the offense?

god dammit indians you had ONE job

SOON (?)

Thank you, thank you Kip.

That was slick, Kip.

PLEASE CONVERT TO RUNS PLEASE CONVERT TO RUNS

Nap! Pls get more now

Nap! Kluber off the hook now I think

>another starter not getting the win

Goddammit Brach

damn it Jose

ChisenSHIT!

Welp, tied it up at least

At least it's tied

So does Tito let Klubot get a ND or try to earn the L/W?

>shaw

which one will we get today

>Throwing Shaw to the lions

Whew lad.

#BelieveInShaw