Guys my new MoBo just arrived but I'm having trouble installing Windows 7 from USB

Guys my new MoBo just arrived but I'm having trouble installing Windows 7 from USB

>No drivers found

After I click Install Windows.

USB mouse and keyboard work in the Bios but not in the Windows install dialog.

What do?

Other urls found in this thread:

downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25476/Windows-7-USB-3-0-Creator-Utility
github.com/pbatard/rufus/wiki/FAQ
asrock.com/microsite/win7install/dl.asp
rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?74220-Windows-7-Install-quot-A-required-CD-DVD-drive-device-driver-is-missing-quot
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It asks for disk/ or plug in USB device. Obvious driver error but what the crap can I do

Wash it in the shower restart and try again

The only thing left to do is kill yourself.

Oh also, it lists my flash drive twice. Once with prefix UEFI (doesn't load) and once with just the flash drive name and size only. But that one gives the error

install gentoo you fucking faggot

>Whats your guys thoughts on tall girls?
I don't give a fuck about height.
Breast size, vaginal cuteness, ass, face, I don't give a flying fuck.

Personality, what makes a person unique as a person, not as a hunk of meat, is what matters.

this

No. I've rolled Linux a lot. Even Arch. It's even worse driver wise

short answer: win7's installer does not have the required xHCI usb drivers at all, and to get a uefi installation working you'll need to shuffle some files around on your USB.
long answer: fucking figure it out yourself or just install windows 10

Shuffle what around? I'd rather get raped to death than install W10 you nigger

You didn't obviously know what the fuck you were doing and didn't make the USB bootable, you dumb fuck. KYS.

Plenty of Twitch streamers use Win10 faggot. Enjoy your bricked PC.

I used Rufus like I have literally dozens of times

What? What kind of argument is that you fucking nigger

>lots of child rapists use iPhones, it must be good

Fuck you

eat shit, and also this list of steps i googled
from some indian shitstain blog so don't sue if it breaks your shit more
hope you have a PS/2 keyboard for the install

4 u

>First, if there is no \EFI\BOOT folder, copy the \EFI\MICROSOFT\BOOT folder to the \EFI folder.
>If the '\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI' file is missing, you can copy the file to the USB drive by using one of the two methods below:
>1. If you have access to a UEFI-enabled computer with Windows 7 (or higher) x64, copy the file C:\Windows\Boot\EFI\bootmgfw.efi to the USB drive's \EFI\BOOT\ folder and rename the file to \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI
>2. The file bootmgfw.efi can also be extracted from a Windows 7 (or higher) x64 Install DVD. It is located in the 2.7 GByte+ large archive \sources\Install.wim (and in the \sources\boot.wim file too usually) which should now be on your USB drive. The file can be extracted using an archiving program such as 7Zip. This file is usually located in the subdirectory "1" of the archive at 1\Windows\Boot\EFI\ under 7Zip. Copy the file to the USB drive's \EFI\BOOT folder and rename the file to \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI

oh yeah and this is a nice link to have, should patch usb drivers in
downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25476/Windows-7-USB-3-0-Creator-Utility

github.com/pbatard/rufus/wiki/FAQ

Read then, faggot

Also if those successful streamers can game and use Windows 10 (which is by far way fucking better than Windows 7 (which will force you to upgrade to 8 and then 10), then you can handle Win10, you special fucking snowflake. Stop living in the Stone Age and learn how to make a bootable goddamn flash drive.

OP is a dumbass, but you're even more stupider than him
congratulations

>stupider
KYS autist

Plug USB shit into 2.0/1 port if you have one

Windows 10 enterprise is the shit stop being dumb no reason to use 7 any more

This should help yeah thanks, I have an old keyboard like that

No.

Saved

No W10 you fucking cuck

Wait. W7 installation that only works on W8.1 or later??

Should I first install W10 and then W7 through the BIOS?

You're a fucking autist. I hope Tyrone steals your PC and sells it for crack.

ah fuck just noticed, that's hilarious
i could swear i've used that exact link from a w7 machine before

here's one from ASRock, subbrand of ASUS so you should be fine
asrock.com/microsite/win7install/dl.asp

He can't even install Win7. How the fuck is he gonna install Gentoo?

put the boot order to boot from usb

>"who is this hacker Sup Forums?"
Kek'd

Installing from a USB 2.0 instead of 3.0 might work

Use USB 2.0 instead of 3

Thanks, will try this mate

I've run Arch for almost 2 years. I do not want Gentoo

I'm booting from USB. It loads the files, let me select keyboard and language and then I get the error message

Idiot buys and can't handle
This. Since USB3 driver was not preloaded in the installer, u must plug them into a usb 2.0 port

I did. I first tried the USB 2 ofc because I had this problem before by trying the USB 3. But I tried every single one of them.

You're trying to boot via USB3.0

Win7 doesn't natively support 3.0 and needs the drivers. And even then it's a cunt

Either use the 2.0 slots or install Win10

I tried ALL the USB slots, trust me. I thought it was a bios setting but changed a lot but no prevail

Let's just face it, OP doesn't know shit about making bootable USB drives. I've fucking made plenty over the years and even one for fucking OS X. OP is autismo.

Obvious troll is obvious.

>Im booting from USB. It loads the files, let me select keyboard and language and then I get the error message

Oh, I throughly read your stupid statement which I don't understand how you can fuck up something as easy as a bootable USB drive. Especially with Rufus. Oh wait, Rufus sucks nigger dick.

Btw, I've downloaded the file but the thing is. Even when I load into Windows, it doesn't recognise the flash drive. Doesn't show up.

Hard to get it on my SSD

What's the specific error it gives, dumbass? Does it just boot to the BIOS?

Your mum sucks nigger dick. It's obviously a compatibility error but yeah. Keep trolling

Same thing happened to me, check your mobo, if it's too new it won't have win 7 support. My mates and I spent 2 days trying until I reluctantly installed 8.1, which is ass. If you have a disc it might work but USB install on many new mobo for win 7 is fucked.

Yeah that's why I can make a bootable USB drive in either Windows or OS X, retard. Enjoy your bricked PC.

Yes it boot to the bios, I can select the flash drive as well, it's listed twice though like explained here: This is the message

THIS. OP DOESN'T LISTEN. Fuck Windows 7. It's shit and OP is shit. Windows 10 is not fucking bad at all. All the big gamers and streamers use Windows 10.

>doesn't realize that his USB isn't bootable.
Oh my fucking God.

Enjoy your Mac cuck you retard.

/thread

Every other option is homosex

OP will not listen to W10 cucks no

Same shitter here that had to use 8.1, that's the exact problem I had, you won't be able to use 7 on that mobo with usb install or even possibly disc.

Thanks. I will enjoy how the Apple Store kisses my ass like I'm royalty every time I go there.

Pic related

Can't I just install all drivers through Windows 8.1/10 and then boot a W7 USB?

My USB mouse worked in the BIOS and stopped working in the W7 installation. So it takes the drivers from Windows.. Right?

Had the same problem, i tried it with an CD and then it worked

Wrong

They "kiss your ass" because they own you. Have fun with that. W7 with selected updates only for me.

Enjoy your botnet motherfucker

I tried to install the drivers through the CD ROM they provided but my dvd rw isn't even fucking working

Enjoy not being able to use your Micro$oft bullshit, cuck. How does Bill Gates cock taste, retard who can't even make a bootable USB drive?

Face it, Randy the Retard. You are not good with computers. Babby's first build?

You put the usb in the 2.0 slot

then include usb3 drivers...or use old ps2 shit for setup if available (borrow one for fuck sake)

What fucking motherboard do you have, you troglodyte?

I've never seen someone as stupid as OP. Just go to fucking Geek Squad so they can take your whole paycheck, OP.

Plug the USB stick into a different port. Preferably a USB2 port.

this, brofist. I feel shame for helping this shitlord...

Exactly. I mean I've worked on my own shit for years and have had computers ranging in the $3k range. OP can eat a dick and l2google.

Download and install a PC compatible version of OS X Yosemite.

>Problem?

macOS Sierra is better, faggot

He said Gentoo not Arch you fucking fairy.

I notice you're not the one that recommended he install OS X, faggot!

>FAGGOT!

Z170 stig of the dump edition

Sierra IS Mac OS X faggot. It's the beta version, fucking ree ree.

You're a fucking idiot.

>A FUCKING IDIOT!

(The mods should be a fuck of a lot more careful to not let underage &B on here.)

>FAGGOT.

If you are installing from a USB 3.0 then there is a compatibility issue. Try using a USB 2.0

rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?74220-Windows-7-Install-quot-A-required-CD-DVD-drive-device-driver-is-missing-quot

Fite me fgt

Are you trying to install on a drive configured to UEFI on the bios? If that's what you're doing then that's your problem

>Reset to standard SATA config and you're good.

>Problem?

Bend over you weak little faggot. I'll fuck you in the ass, instead.

>WITH A CACTUS!

(Yeah, a big, nasty spiked one! That'll be HAWT! Then you can open your mouth and I'll shoot all my skunk spunk down your greedy little throat.

>FAGGOT!

Will try this too. Think it is though

See if there's a PS/2 emulation option somewhere in the USB options and enable it.

He. Doesn't. Listen.
Don't feed the idiot

Yes I refuse to install W10 you fucking cuck. GTFO

>guys my phone is overheating what should I do

>amputate your liver with a cheese grate

Fuck you. Seriously fuck off

Launch the command line and format the disk you want to install it too, then copy the files on the usb to the formated disk.

Format C: from CMD?

install from DVD. I never got windows 7 to install from USB

yes, dont remember the exact commands since its been awhile since i used windows, but you should be able to find it pretty easily.

They were close, but they weren't exactly right.

There is a file you can get that will put USB 3.0 drivers in your Win7 install (it should be provided by Microsoft directly). You need this file to allow your mouse and keyboard to work. It's a weird driver comparability issue that deactivates the 2.0 ports when you try to install Windows 7 on newer hardware.

I ran into the exact same problem when I installed Win7 on my current computer.