i only like this

They prefer post-punk

plrease stope

I do and this guy in this one thread

my aoty

but user this isn't punk

i do

hey, that was me, wassup dude

AND FUCK THE HATER WHO OBJECT THEY'VE OVERRATED SELF RESPECT. Truly great punk rock.

This board does like a lot of punk, they're just a bit too obsessed with subgenres to realize that most of the music they like falls under the punk umbrella

Daily reminder that:
>post-punk
>post-hardcore
>indie rock
>noise rock
>math rock
>mathcore
>sludge metal
>shoegaze
>a lot of post-rock
Would not exist without punk, and many artists within these genres consider them simply to be punk artists

The idea of punk just being generic hardcore or three-chord rock songs died like 35 years ago

Confirmed for not knowing shit.

Explain why I'm wrong

By that logic U2 is punk

because punk is mostly garbage

Because punk pretends to be democratic when in reality it's as commercialized as anything else. It's the ultimate pretense; the only thing democratic about it is the explicit rejection of the idea that ability or skill is necessary for music. "Music belongs to the people!" Fuck you, no it doesn't.

You could make the case that early U2 was punk. It was DIY, it was anti-establishment etc. They consider themselves punk even now surely, but being signed to a major label and having deals with Apple kinda contradicts that.

a lot of what falls under those subgenres is punk, but not all of it is necessarily, i'd say

Star Trek: the wrong generation

You're assuming too much. You have no idea if U2 considers themselves a punk band.

Nice try
radiox.co.uk/news/interviews/bono-u2-more-punk-rock-now-than-when-we-started/

This is Folk Punk!
soundcloud.com/darkydarkandthejunkiebunch/sets/experience-strength-and-dope

I like punk
it just doesn't come up much between the entire threads dedicated to a single hip hop record, pointless last.fm threads, the somewhat tolerable metal threads, the completely alien kpop threads and all the inbetween meme filled bullshit

t. listens to hip hop

Exactly. I never at any point said they were "all" punk, just that the genres wouldn't exist if punk didn't happen and that many of the artists are punk. U2 was a dumb example for him to choose because they've always used punk to describe their influences and approach

What albums should I listen to to get into punk? The classics and the good indie shit.

Listen to the Killed By Death and Bloodstains Across comps

Zen Arcade, Double Nickles on The Dime, Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetable and Minor Threat

user he said punk

epic

>Why doesn't this board like punk?

Cause you need to leave your moms basement in order to engage with the punk scene, it requires a bit more active involvement that most other genres.

Look at it like this, whenever a punk thread shows up, people drop recommendations for bands they like and it's mostly albums recomendations that you could find on Billboard dot Com, like The Clash, Green Day or the Misfits, no mention of smaller bands and specially no mention of NEWER bands, that's a noticeable level of detachment.

Fuck outta here

love punk fans that never go further than dead kennedys and type like they're on tumblr

>where do I start
>recommend him entry-level shit
>you complain
Retard
Do you want to know what are favorite Punk albums? Instruments Disorder by The Gerogerigegege and What Was Music? by Harry Pussy
Do you think I would ever rec one of these to someone who wants to start listening to music?

have your ever been in a punk thread? sure the seminal bands het mentions but there's tons of people repping their local scene. punk is alive and well in Sup Forums.

satan's right

a pretty cool local punk scene is hard to find out side of big cities. Speak for yourself but I've almost entirely stopped going to shows because of "Scene"obsessed fags.

Real punk is on soundcloud and bandcamp, DEFinitely not spotify

the problem is DK suck. Yeah they're an entry band but they're still terrible. Rec him good shit.

Not the user you were talking to, but have you ever listened to a DK album past FFFRV? Plastic Surgery Disasters and Frankenchrist are GOAT.

Yes and none of them were good. There's so much better punk rock under the bloat of bands like the dead kenndys. The band sucks and so do you.

Because punk has been taken over by liberals who are attracted to leather and not music or its anti conformist or DIY view. Punk is now a lefty safe space instead of sticking with its anarchist/apolitical beliefs. Go to any city with a punk "scene" and all you'll see is edgy tumblr girls who love Bernie/Shillary and trying to look special. It has nothing to do with music anymore. Also you have have shit like Green Day who claim to be punk yet sell out every day of their lives and try to push their agendas on impressionable kids. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I really fucking hate liberals.

bait

In what way were they not good? I feel like they stood out among many of their peers by actually being able to play and by having great lyrics. That bieng said Jello is a shit vocalist

youtube.com/watch?v=qx-amkepgaA

youtube.com/watch?v=ni6X6-ocnfo

krimewatch.bandcamp.com/album/demo

you have no idea what you're talking about

who /liquids/ here?

Get this indiana horseshit outta here

Please rec me band similar to germs, preferably more recent ones

really weak bait

kill yourself, my man

because punk is shit

bait

what is it then senpai

Weak bait

I won't sage you because I like this thread but holy shit what weak bait

>Music belongs to the people!" Fuck you, no it doesn't.

Kike punks fuck off

Not that other user but I can name a few reasons why.

>actually being able to play

First sign that someone doesn't know what they're talking about when the subject of punk comes up. Every band knew how to play. Many of the bands were proficient enough they could've played any other genre but chose to play silly short songs instead because it was fun. You've already outed yourself as having zero knowledge on this subject.

That aside, they had a good guitarist and they were OKAY song writers at best. Their music just doesn't hold up. They're neither fun like the early bands (Dickies, Dead Boys) and they're not really fast/thrashy compared to later bands of the 80s (Gang Green, Poison Idea). Many of their songs are weird, and not in a good way. Jello has always been more about doing things unconventionally, even if it meant making shitty music.

>having great lyrics

You fell for the meme. When you stop being 14 years old you realize that some annoying, manlet jew on stage yelling "nazi punks fuck off", kvetching because some kids wore swastika tshirts to the show, is the gayest and least punk thing ever. DKs (along with Minor Threat) are the reason punk can't be fun and offensive anymore. They policed their own scenes and forced their annoying PC bullshit on everyone. They were the original SJWs, whining and being offended by their own music scene. Their lyrics are literally MSNBC tier politically.

Inb4 HURR DURR BAIT CUZ ROLLING STONE/P4K SAID THEY WERE TOP 10 ALL TIME

Everything that led into and came out of punk is so much better than punk.
Also, Beat Happening was too punk for punk rockers.

>Shoegaze

Does not fall under the punk umbrella, is not particularly influenced by punk.

Tough to find another band that sounds like the Germs. Try Dawn of Humans.

It definitely does. It emerged out of post-punk and gothic rock, which wouldn't have existed without punk (and, again most post-punk and gothic rock bands considered themselves just to be punk).

Bands like MBV were definitely DIY (at first) and anti-establishment. Not in terms of lyrical content but their approach to music, with the noise and playing live at extremely obnoxious volumes. And, of course, Kevin and Colm emerged from an actual straightforward punk band.

Like all of the genres I listed, in the aftermath they became less associated with punk, as bands came up and basically just soullessly copied the template MBV and co. set without the same source of inspiration. But even today you still have bands like Whirr and Nothing

Pop rock

I'm a part of what some people call the "alt-right" and it feels punk as fuck. It feels like an actual counter culture, or rebellion against the PC culture that dominates American colleges.

this user is smart

Not that guy but I like both

I'd Hiphop and Punk are closely related, especially earlyHiphop. Early Hiphop was basically established as a response to the airwaves dominated by disco and at the same time (while evolving more into) anti-establishment. The big difference is Hiphop artists can be materialistic while others are anti-establishment.

there's like 3? actual punks on mu from what i can tell

everyone just posts the same shitty "classics" and ignores/mocks new shit/posts shitass brocore and "indie punk"

This

I always post new underground and/or local shit, Sup Forums's taste is just bad

Beat Happening is hot garbage

haram, glue, dawn of humans, liquids sometimes, savage blind god kinda

Why does everyone like liquids? They sound really unoriginal to me

Anyone here like Country Teasers?

why do you have bad taste?

Name your favorite modern punk bands

punk album of the year

Try again

who are you and why are you doing this

Liquids, Acrylics, NASA Space Universe, Anasazi, Q

Punk threads on Sup Forums are always so fucking cringe inducing. Like, any of you fuckers ever go outside?

dae black flag lol FIDLAR is the best punk guys

Vanity is pretty great but I didn't like it as much as I liked their cassette releases. Maybe it just hasn't grown on me yet. I do love the recent wave of Oi!/thug rock that's been coming out the last few years. Have you heard Crown Court/Last Crusade/Hammer and the Nails?

underrated

>Sup Forums is destroying punk scenes across the country

mods pls close that shithole they are getting real people thrown out of their homes

>Bon Jovi
>Jon Bon Jovi
>listening to Jon Bon Jovi on his own
ewwwww

I do, I just hate punk fans and "real punks".

I love punk though: Swell Maps, Meat Puppets, the list just goes on and on...

punk is deliberately shit

>yfw GG Allin was right along and rock needs to be dangerous again

Jesus Christ that is what you get when you google that

The left will never understand they they are culture now and the the right is the counter culture

really appreciate if anyone can rec similar

>They are the culture now
>The right is counter culture
I laughed

The left has always been mainstream and always will be

why would anyone call a classical composer a, "classic artist"?

op is a fag

because being a nazi is the new punk
slightly less romantic albeit devilish in style

>The left has always been mainstream and always will be
Given the country's history it has not been. With current circumstances it most likely will not be as well.

The states have been massively liberal even during the Reagan and Bush days. Obviously the south isnt but who cares

hardcore > all genres
powerviolence is pretty amazing
"punk rock" is trash