What do you think of this song I made?

What do you think of this song I made?

clyp.it/apymcygd

feedback is greatly appreciated

thank you

Bumpp

Ok I honestly think this is a great song. Strong melody, excellent songwriting, everything. EXCEPT for one thing: the mixing kind of kills it. It is a little too lo-fi. A bit lo-fi is ok, but the drums sound thin and all the instruments kind of go together into this sort of mush that works against the sunny, bright feel I think this song should have. However, thankfully this is a relatively easy fix. You already have an excellent song and clearly a lot of talent. Look for someone who is willing to record and mix for you and I could see this actually being great. But this little thing is holding the music back quite a bit because I can barely make out the vocal harmonies, I can barely make out the little guitar fills and all those cool things I want to hear. This could be a great psych pop song if recorded and mixed properly. I love the droney influence. Keep it up, if you just do this one small fix you could have something really quite special.

other user here, the lo-fi doesn't add much to it and the beginning is a little weak. vocals and harmonies are good though. i suggest you focus on mastering and making things sound less muddy, more balanced like that other guy said.

I like it a lot, I don't mind lo fi mixing but it's a little bit loud, anyways please keep doing music

Just get a better recording of the drums and itd be p good

its alright

Glad you like the songwriting. I think of myself primarily as a songwriter rather than a producer or mixer. Thanks for the feedback!!!

Thanks, all!

For those who don't like the lo-fi, I recorded it on the GarageBand app on my phone so it's hard to make it sound hi-fi.
I've been listening to a lot of Loveless, so I tried to capture that shoegaze sound a little bit. I could down down the reverb though.

Pretty good desu but it sounds too much like a NMH demo

it doesnt sound anything like shoegaze desu. sounds like an inbetween thing of NMH and AnCo but flawed and low-budget in a way that isn't charming

this is meme trash

oh ok

You're meme trash FUCK U

don't listen to him OP u pretty based

Thanks mang :-)

I'm try to "make it" as a musician so I love hearing that I'm "based"

jeff mangum, is it u

Yes I am one with jeff

Bump pls someone comment on the guitar solo cuz it's my favorite part of the song

way too noisy, lo-fi. Would be a million times better without all that unnecessary fuzz. It's annoying IMO. Starts getting better around 2:35 because it's clearer, but the noise is still there and it's still bad.

Agree with others that say u need a better recording of the drums. I can hear them, but cymbals just sound like more of that annoying noise.

The guitar part is good imo, I like it.

The song is p solid, but you sound like you're trying to sound exactly like Neutral Milk Hotel. If that's what you're going for, good on you, they're good, but it's a little distracting.

Solid song, but it still needs some work imo, particularly on cleaning up that audio. Wayyyyy to noisy.

Well IMHO neutral milk hotel is the greatest band since the Beatles so that's a compliment. Glad you like the song tho :-)))))) look out for me when I get huge :D

this is awful

it sounds like jeff magnum in a fish tank topped with the most retarded and meandering distortion i have ever heard

the lyrics don't read, there's no melody, there's no direction in the song. there's no chorus, barely any variance. worst fucking mixing of all time

i would say it sounded like mud but that would be kind considering how milquetoast it is

i agree, guitar solo is the best part. also agree with the mixing critiques.

last minute or 90 second is the best part, on second listen. sounds cleaner, i like the melody better, guitar solo is cool like i said.

youre that skidmore dude eh