/oasis/ general

Since the other thread is about to hit bump limit lets get another /oasis/ general up.

>ignore friendo he is trash and has no friends IRL also he likes men
>Talk about how great Oasis is
>2017??
>Liam solo album HYPE SQUAD
>Is Blur shite?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iIUzNT0rr0g
youtube.com/watch?v=E2oNRM8lhps
youtube.com/watch?v=ChMC69tzApU
youtube.com/watch?v=8vUqeqrUUxI
youtu.be/OOrfA3pdc08?t=29s
youtube.com/watch?v=MWlHtOGnC2E
youtube.com/watch?v=fOgtATs7Og8
youtube.com/watch?v=T8ri1s5O8wU
youtube.com/watch?v=hgXWm0WfL5w
youtube.com/watch?v=UK1304aZVD8
youtube.com/watch?v=DTeQkHBm1cU
youtube.com/watch?v=D431CwC9wTw
youtube.com/watch?v=DRq9gaDvUqE
open.spotify.com/user/punkrawkliam/playlist/7bXliw2jdftXTzBZBrz6MF
youtube.com/watch?v=wVXIswF_S00
youtube.com/watch?v=0jfQ4q4Hfcc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=iIUzNT0rr0g

youtube.com/watch?v=E2oNRM8lhps

TY BASED MONTIE

Blur IS shite

youtube.com/watch?v=ChMC69tzApU

Even britbongs barely care about this band any more, shut the fuck up

Basically the problem with Sup Forums is that they CANNOT accept that there are people that genuinely like Oasis. Enough so, in fact, that Oasis now has it's own general. Oasis' music isn't as complicated as some, no one denies that. But it is catchy, optimistic, uplifting, anthemic and more.

Oasis defined a generation, and even today they make the life of working class poorfags suck less. Their music isn't that bad. They have their less desirable albums for sure, but they also have some genuinely good tunes.

THIS

not this

Fuck you poseur, leave this thread this is for wolk listeners only. If you are not wolk go back to /daily/

TRUTH

Sup Forums is a bunch of stuck up fashionistas who claim to be into music but actually just want attention from their charts posted in an anonymous board of all places. This is why tripfags have always ruled over the board.

People like Oasis for the energy, the image, the general feeling. Not the deep paintings created by the soundwaves or the suicidal tendencies it instills in it's listeners. They don't use vacuum cleaners as instruments, they are the OPPOSITE of pretentious, they are the OPPOSITE of poseurs and they are just all around a bunch of swell lads

Oasis will never reunite

Noel doesn't need those hacks, he's a godlike genius.

These two are correct

I agree, people on Sup Forums literally enjoy music less if it's popular. They literally enjoy it more if their favorite critics say it's good. They're drones and nu-males and nothing else

Can you at least make it less obvious

Oasis shouldn't have ever lasted past 1999 any. Both brothers should have gone solo much earlier.

t. Friendo

kys

Blur is better

Not samefagging you fucking twat

OASIS REUNION TOUR WHEN????????????

The real question is can they get Guigsy and Bonehead back?

How amazing would it be if they toured with the original line-up and played DM, WTSMG and BHN in full?

SOME MIGHT SAY THAT SUNSHINE FOLLOWS THUNDER

GO AND TELL IT TO THE MAN WHO CANNOT SHEEEIINNEEE

I don't think they're the type to play the albums in their entirety

Not to mention Liam hasn't been able to sing a lot of the songs live in their original key in 15 - 20 years.

youtube.com/watch?v=8vUqeqrUUxI

A lad can dream mates

some guy was playing oasis in my dorm the other day
masterplan

*squeals*

Liam is drunk af here and his voice is completely shot.
youtu.be/OOrfA3pdc08?t=29s

Goddamn I love Oasis but this is legitimately embarrassing

Blur is not good, at all.

The whole show is just Liam shouting. Their last tour Liam got better but he still can't hit the notes of old classics, especially slide away.

youtube.com/watch?v=MWlHtOGnC2E

Cigarettes and Alcohol aren't so good after all eh

So he sounds like Kermit the Frog now?

Too much nasal. He kinda always sounded like kermit when singing slide away live.

youtube.com/watch?v=fOgtATs7Og8

Also, 3:43 is a god like.

>Oasis fans being homophobic
No surprises here.

Why does that even matter? Go back to fucking tumblr.

To be fair, Liam's vocal range, power, and overall singing ability have been on a slow decline since 1993. There were points were on the first two tours, he had blown his voice out from wear and tear for a night or tour, but it was on the back half of the Be Here Now tour that he majorly fucked it up and developed vocal nodules, but continued the touring and heavy drinking/drug use anyway. When the tour ended, the damage turned out to be permanent. His studio recordings and live vocals from 2000 onward are noticeably more gravely sounding, deeper, and strained. This was it became obvious he couldn't hold notes as long as he used to and couldn't even sing certain songs he was able to just a year prior. From that point on, every tour, he would get worse and worse as it dragged on, recover slightly after, record a new album and tour, and make much worse than before. Vicious cycle.

Nice to see some Oasis love around here. I only like their first two albums (and the first 10 times more) - but these are actually good.

>He kinda always sounded like kermit when singing slide away live.
Knebworth isn't a great example. His voice was REALLY nasally there and probably one of his worst vocals of the whole tour.

youtube.com/watch?v=T8ri1s5O8wU

Oasis emotional music for the most lowest common denominator boring people.

I like some of there songs and would totally sing them drunk at a karaoke bar, but to actually say they're one of you're favorite bands would just show you don't listen to a lot of music.

>muh safe space

fuck off faggot

It's actually somewhat of a unique story.

Hell yeah man, people on Sup Forums too often forget that music is meant to be enjoyed. If people enjoy Oasis and want to discuss it, why shit on them?

>Why does that even matter?
Sup Forums.org/rules#global2

this is a fucking embarrassingly stupid post

>automatically listening to lots of music means oasis won't be one of your favourite artists

how dumb can you be?

See >fans of regressive music also espouse regressive social views
Shocker !

So basically what you're saying is that if I don't support your degenerate lifestyle, I must be under 18?

>degenerate
>>>/anywherebuthere/

Why are Oasis fans so fucking hostile? I'm just saying I find it weird for someone with an established taste to say " I think I'm gonna listen to some Oasis".

One of the first times Liam's voice gave out at a gig was at Glasgow Barrowlands in December 1994. It was after only 4 songs and Noel did a 7 song acoustic set. Fortunately Liam went to the doctor and was back in action 3 days later:
youtube.com/watch?v=hgXWm0WfL5w

Here's a gig with some.... interesting Liam vocals from January 1996:

youtube.com/watch?v=UK1304aZVD8

Not him, but I have a fairly established taste. According to Sup Forums's standards anyways. I put on Oasis sometimes when I'm driving or drunk. It's fun, and optimistic and good to sing along to.

Fuck off, I have every right to be here.

stop

Go back to your containment board.

Please don't clog up /Oasis/ general with political stuff.

Blur
>sound evolving over several albums
>many fun interesting experimental ideas
>diverse discography still sounding fresh today

Oasis
>15 years of samey working-class anthems
>great upbeat tone, zero actual substance
>lyrics tailor made to excite 13 year olds

I get people reminiscing to Oasis and reliving the excitement of teenage years - I do it myself sometimes, but it's still a fucking puzzle why there's a general for this generic boring shit.

That post is correct.

Oasis
>sound evolving over several albums
>many fun interesting experimental ideas
>diverse discography still sounding fresh today
Blur
>15 years of samey working-class anthems
>great upbeat tone, zero actual substance
>lyrics tailor made to excite 13 year olds

Wow it still works.

Please tell me about these interesting experimental ideas.

youtube.com/watch?v=DTeQkHBm1cU

Fuck off with this Blur vs Oasis nonsense. They're nothing alike.

youtube.com/watch?v=D431CwC9wTw

The only interesting thing about these threads is shitposting

Oasis is for little kids dude

Only little girls like Oasis.
Shitty acoustic pop nonsense.
Gay as fuck.

>songs about sex and drugs
>thats for little kids dude
Sure

If you're into fine dining and visit great restaurants a loot, normal home-cooked food doesn't actually become bad, but it would be rather strange to prefer tendies to haute-cuisine dishes.

I feel like people created these threads as a joke and actual Oasis fans and the Oasis haters came in so everybody's just playing off each other. Good thread desu.

youtube.com/watch?v=DRq9gaDvUqE

Exactly. Grown up people actually have sex and use drugs, if they so wish. Children listen to exciting rebellious songs about scary forbidden things.

Fuck I love Gas Panic! Great psyche rock tune.

Speaking of which, here's my psyche rock playlist.

spotify:user:punkrawkliam:playlist:7bXliw2jdftXTzBZBrz6MF

open.spotify.com/user/punkrawkliam/playlist/7bXliw2jdftXTzBZBrz6MF

Fuck I'm retarded

If that was true, then the songs would still not be FOR them. They would be FOR the adults, since it's forbidden for the children.

Nice try though.

>punkrawkliam
Oasis fans in a nutshell.

Nice playlist bro, I see it has oasis

Friendo is right. Oasis is shit. He has better taste than you jewboi.

Yeah man, oasis punk af XDXDXDXDXDXD

So by your logic, all metal which discusses themes of murder and satanic rituals must only be listened to (and meant for) murderers and satan-worshippers. What a great post.

Oasis is the new Jason Aldean.

>new interesting ideas
>meh-tier psych rock
>2000
Just kys.

Can we talk about the song Wonderwall here? Is Wonderwall a good song?

This is now a FRIENDO General.Talk about Friendo and discuss the best trip on Sup Forums.

I don't know who friendo is but if he's an enemy of Oasis he's a friend mine.

>must only be listened to
Nice strawman.
I don't think you understand what experimental means

Autism.

I sang Slide Away to my girlfriend in 7th grade. She gave me a handie in a boys bathroom stall. Good times.

you're all fags

Oasis haters need to fuck off.

We know it's you Brandon and Friendo sick fuck pedo scum. You're just mad that Montie exposed you

>direct extrapolation of logical chain
>straw man
Only in /Oasis/!

There used to be this great interview of Noel and The Chemical Brothers on an American radio station around the time "Setting Sun" came out where Noel is drunk and goes off about drunk driving:

>Noel: "What recording artists have recorded a song against drunk driving? I'll tell you one who hasn't and his name's Bonehead. He's the biggest drunk driver in England. Drink and drive, it's top! You're not even arguing are you, cos you know it's boss. You lot in that control room have been pissed out yer head driving all over the place!

>Some kid phones in with a question for the Chemical Brothers....

>Noel cuts in: "Have you got a driving licence? Do you drink? My first record was called 'Pissed up at the wheel'"

>Another kid phones in, "I was wondering what you guys do in your free time?"

>Noel: "Drunk driving mate. Get lushed up and get out in the Mustang and just trash people. Also mountain bike drunk driving. Drunk riding!"

>Some girl phones in with a question for Noel, "what's your ultimate goal in life?"

>Noel: "To just cause a really massive pile up on the motorway. I've achieved everything I've wanted to do apart from getting banned for drunk driving"

Absolute fucking legend

this
brandon diddled kids at karate camp and montie exposed him so now he's trying to make "oasis is bad" a meme.

>>direct extrapolation of logical chain
Not at all. The argument is who a music is *meant* for, as in the artistic intended audience. What kids choose to listen to is irrelevant.

>Friendo sick fuck pedo scum
Source for this?

youtube.com/watch?v=wVXIswF_S00

31:00 lmao

>artistic intended audience
Oh my bad, I was operating under the pretense that you're not a blithering retard.

Then again,
>/Oasis/

ITT: oasis fans desperately defending their pop band as if they're anything more

>using pop as a pejorative
And yeah, they're just a straight up rock band. They make no bones about it.

Yeah, sounds like a cool dude

youtube.com/watch?v=0jfQ4q4Hfcc

These lads were just fucking having it.