This album is easily the weakest of their pre-WB output...

This album is easily the weakest of their pre-WB output, yet critics and people on here insist its either their best or second-best.

Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZZPgMqKHMYg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

idk i only like harborcoat. Fables and lifes rich demand are much better

"Harborcoat" is the greatest song they ever recorded, that's why.

>easily the weakest
that dishonor would belong to either lifes rich pageant or chronic town
reckoning is their third best album, behind fables and murmur

Fables of the Reconstruction is actually their weakest pre-Green album. Reckoning is pretty good, just not as good as Murmur or Document.

Time After Time was my least favorite song

Lifes Rich Pageant is way better than Document. If it didn't have "It's the End of the World..." no one would give that record the time of day.

>Fables of the Reconstruction is actually their weakest pre-Green album.
you literally could not be any more wrong
fables is the culmination of their early aesthetic
they were modern southern folklorists of a sort, and fables is their most steeped in southern tradition work

exhuming McCarthy

lifes rich pageant has fall on me and the flowers of guatemala
document has welcome to the occupation, exhuming mccarthy, it's the end of the world..., the one i love, and king of birds

>stop liking what I don't like

Whatever bro, my mind's not changing anytime soon. Maybe I'm just burnt out on Fables since I've heard it so many times.

>>stop liking what I don't like
actually i was saying stop not liking what i like

begin the begin and these days are great

I was sort of implying it from my pov

those two are alright, but not exceptional
however lifes rich pageant also has their worst irs songs in underneath the bunker and just a touch

I actually really love this album. It has that same mysterious, misty forest vibe of their debut, but on this one they truly sound like R.E.M. - they'd found the sound they'd stick with for the rest of their career. It's definitely among their best for me.

idk what your problem is.

Chronic Town although short is their strongest release

stumble is too weak and too long for chronic town to be their strongest release
wolves lower and gardening at night are upper echelon, but 1000000 and carnival of sorts are just alright

I like it. They recorded and mixed it in 10 days, as quickly as possible to avoid it sounding like Murmur. It has a live feel, audible mistakes, bass flubs etc. Also South Central Rain is one of their catchiest songs.

What's their best WB output?

Because it is.

Harborcoat, 7 Chinese Bros, and So Central Rain are all 10/10

Automatic

However, all of their pre-WB albums are better than all of their subsequent albums.

>10 days

Actuallu I just looked it up and it's more like 20

>R.E.M. started recording Reckoning at Reflection Sound in Charlotte, North Carolina, on December 8, 1983.[5] The group recorded over two eight-day stretches around Christmas 1983, separated by two weeks of canceled studio time that allowed the band to play a show in Greensboro, North Carolina, go out to see a movie, and shoot a video in the studio.[6][7] While the studio diary listed 16 days for recording, the album sleeve later claimed the album was recorded in 14 days, while in interviews Buck at times commented that the album was recorded in 11 days. The producers both disputed that the sessions were that short; Dixon insisted that they were at the studio for at least 25 days (during which he worked eighteen-hour days), while Easter said "When I read 'eleven days' I thought, what the fuck! It was twenty days, which was still short, but it's not eleven."[8]

I like Reckoning but it'd be nothing without Pretty Persuasion and Harborcoat.

Just a Touch would have been fine if it was on Murmur like it was supposed to be, same with All the Right Friends.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZZPgMqKHMYg

I Believe is a great song too

King of Birds tho

Actually I'd agree that Document is the weakest, but it's pretty cool how everyone disagrees and it really comes down to different tastes. Such a great run of albums.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII believe in coyotes and time as an abstract

My rating
Fables > Reckoning > Murmur > Chronic Town > Document > Life's Rich Pageant