Tfw Johnny Depp is now too old to play Hunter S...

>tfw Johnny Depp is now too old to play Hunter S. Thompson in a movie version of "Fear & Loathing on the Campaign Trail '72"

We missed out, Sup Forums.

Oscar Issac could probably do it, but he almost feels like too safe of a choice.

Thank fucking God, Thompson was nothing more than a pathetic and edgy DUDE WEED LMAO idiot.

You've never read any of his books huh?

Good
Depp hasn't carried a decent role in years and years and is literally just a fat pompous idiot now

Did you? Fear and Loathing is an absolute piece of shit.

Fear & Loathing on the Campaign Trail '72 would upset too many Berniefags

Do you even understand his work? You do realize he would be exactly a fedora tipping redditor nowadays, right?

Which fear and loathing you goddamn moron, fear and loathing was the beginning of like 4 of his books.

>“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Is it bad writing?

Vegas.

Yes, try reading the work of good writers next time.

you should check out his book on the Hell's Angels it's pretty tight.

How do you feel about Dick Francis?

Forget about HST for a second. Who plays McGovern? Who plays Nixon?

It's 2016 you fucking Gen X faggot. We have major stars like RDJ in major motion pictures like Iron Man Civil War CGIing their faces to look young and audiences pay billions to see it. Wake up. It's not "le 1990s" anymore. A toddler can make make a movie with Jurassic Park level CGI and instantly publish it to the world. It is 2016

Would it be a good movie though, I know Thompson didn't like Nixon much, but I'm sure it would just be a hit piece on based Tricky Dick, making him out to be Satan incarnate.

its a quirky libertarian that I never read but pretend to like episode

Testing

I hate you

are you ok

This desu

James Patterson is 100x better than hunter queer Thompson

>amirite?

who the fuck let you out of /lit/

Well the movie would be heavily stylized. You'd have to sort of channel Ralph Steadman's aesthetic, since it's so integral to Thompson's mystique. So Nixon at minimum would look somewhat demonic.

Well they can just cast someone new to play him. I fee llike people don't know this but Bill Murray played Hunter in Where the Buffalo Roam and Johnny was obviously in Fear and Loathing.

So they should cast a new person, the only question is who?

Who gives a fuck about Depp, that movie was all about Terry Gilliam's skill

You're a pleb for giving importance to Depp's shaved effort.

Put in the hands of a competent director I'm sure it would be interesting, but I could just see it being a Brian Cranston type of communist propaganda.

Not really, it's very emotional, farewell may well be tacky. Both Fear and Loathing and Hell's Angels are very good books.

The trick is that Depp actually knew Thompson, and presumably Murray met him also. I worry that a new actor wouldn't bring as authentic a performance to the movie.

OH LOOK, an SJW trying to shut down discourse using babby-tier thought stoppers. Google some more, second-hander.