Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums

Just got my wisdom teeth out yesterday. It's been almost 18 hours and the bleeding has almost stopped.

The clot was only in the roots yesterday, but now it's pretty much to the top of where the tooth met the gums.

What's your experiences Sup Forums? As of right now I feel 1 / 10 on the pain scale (1 being low) and my tylenol 3s wore off 2 hours ago.

Had mine taken out a few years ago. Bled a lot for a few hours after the procedure, but that was really the worst of it.

Minimal pain, never developed dry socket or anything. Altogether, it was a cake walk. I've heard about being having a rough time, but it wasn't even remotely bad for me.

26 years old and i just went to the dentist for the first time in my life last month. Now i gotta get mine taken out. Bottom ones are completely horizontal. Haven't scheduled yet tho. Shit's expensive.

Thanks man, I was kind of freaking out cuz the clots were only in the roots so I could still see a little bone where the base of the molar was at the gums.... but I guess if no nerves are showing and minimal bone is, I should be fine.

It's such a weird feeling on my tongue now the teeth are missing.

wisdom teeth removal changes the face in many ways. i had mine removed a few years ago. depending on what you looked like prior, the number of wisdom teeth removed, and how smoothly they're removed, your face might come across as more/less likeable, and more/less attractive to the opposite sex

It's not that bad. I had 2 at 45ยบ on the bottom, and 2 were straight down on the top.

I'm already married. I should be fine :)

i've found that every male i know irl who had his wisdom teeth removed was considered more attractive by members of the opposite sex after the wisdom teeth were removed and had more success with the opposite sex. some of them, however, weren't as 'likeable' to many of their peers, in that they might've looked more arrogant/unhappy as a result of the facial changes

I was worried if I would get sick from swallowing blood for a whole day.

Fuck this no spitting rule.

the thing about dentistry/endodontics is that most of these people don't even know what the facial consequences of many of their procedures are, and they tell their patients that they'll basically look no different after a root canal, for example, but they're wrong, and there's plenty of evidence in favor of what i'm saying

OP, you're doin' fine. Same thing happened to me. Just make sure those clots stay in for the next few weeks. Bone will fill in about a year.

Save pain meds for recreational use.

pic related

is that skepticism or just complete disapproval? or something else

When I had my wisdom teeth removed, my checks hollowed out, like Lee Van Clefs.

> say user, you look like a gunslinger...
> (she noticed)

Thanks man, I just get anxious about the unknown.

When did you guys start doing the salt water rinse?

did you, in your opinion, get more attention/attraction from girls after your wisdom teeth were removed or before they were removed?

I had two removed on top with local, it wasn't traumatic at all and I had some cute dentist titties on my head for ~30mins as my teeth were snapped out of my face.

No proiblems, left the blood and spit in my mouth to clot for a couple of hours then I was fine and dandy. Took a month to close, half a year for the bone to fully fix itself. No issues at all, until....

>get impacted bottom wisdom tooth removed
>last time was good
>think I'm cool
>make bad decision to swirl salt water, instead of gargle
>4 days later
>intense fucking headache
>nerve is swollen in face
>feels like hell and I want to die

Turned out I washed off the clot and got dry socket, part of the gum was open to the air, and it was raw and swirling inside the cavity. Fucking dry socket, man. Not even once.

>go back to dentist
>had to get it repacked
>old packing smelled and tasted like death
>new packing smelled and tasted awful, too, but cleaner
>had to scrape the socket back up to get it to bleed again
>hurt like a cunt for a week
>socket went dry again (I'm a retard who swirled salt water and drank through a straw)
>KILL ME
>repacked
>also had a piece of rice taken out of socket
>learned my lesson

Gonan be awakrd for about a fortnight, but if it clots, it will be fine, mate. Just keep up the paracetomol/ibubrofen AND DONT FUCKING SWIRL OR EAT STUPID FOOD! YOU HAVE A HOLE IN YOUR HEAD!

Goddamn dry socket. You do NOT want dry socket.

More attractive.

> (she actually said I look like a gunslinger)

You can't eat anything good for a week. Some people are special snowflakes and they can.

No girl will like you more or less because of your wisdom teeth

>there's plenty of evidence in favor of what i'm saying

Share it, then. I can't imagine how a root canal changed anything but the look of the insides of your mouth.

Ya I was told not to swirl just move head back and forth and let it drain out. Apparently any suction will dislodge the clot, then it is gg

i knew it. every guy i've ever known who had his wisdom teeth removed thought they got more attention from girls after their wisdom teeth were removed. i've been stuying this for years, i'm going to write a book on this shit, the innumerable things that happen in life that can change your face either in positive or negative ways. wisdom teeth extraction is just one example

Idiot. Impact teeth are wayy worse than one thats a bit canted

For some people its different. I remember my bro couldn't handle the pain and he had to pulled. For me it got to the point to where i almost cried. But i ended just sleeping the first 2 days and after it was more dont hit your gums cause there still sensitive. You'll be fine. Just remember to rinse so you dont get anything stuck in the openings for now

>Nobody's steely like Lee Van Cleef. Whatever happened to Lee?

What the sweet jesus fuck are you going on about. You clearly have insight. Shed light upon us.

it's very subtle, but it's definitely noticeable. Kevin Hodge (of hodgetwins notoriety) had a root canal a couple of months ago. look at his videos from within the past month and compare his face to 6-7 months ago. another example would be shaycarl of youtube fame as well, who had a root canal last year. his example is harder to notice because he has a thick beard, but the difference is there. i could go into the nuances of what the differences are if you'd like

For me the aftermath was pretty painful because:

1. I'm a pussy, to me even the eight shots of aenesthesia hurt while I'm sure most people don't feel it, even the doctor called me a pussy.

2. My wisdom teeth were angled at 90 degrees, so there was a bit of cutting and mostly a lot of jerking my head around until they came lose, hated the cracking sounds most of all.

3. I really am a gigantic pussy.

So I'm sure you'll be fine, non-pussies are usually back to eating hard foods within a day.

Dude. Youre fucked. I had all 4 impact wisdom teeth removed and nothing changed. Still get girls and still get turned down. You have some weird fetish for teeth or something.

I had 3 of them removed about 1 year and 9 months ago or something. Bled for a few hours after the procedure, no pain on the day after it, but I ate about 6 hours after (yogurt) the day after I was feeling more pain, but a few painkillers took the worst off, swollen like mad. A week after I went in to have them check up and everything was good, but one of the dissolve-able stitches hadn't dissolved as it should have, but no problem.

I have superior teeth. I haven't had to remove my wisdom teeth

> pic related, it's teeth

wisdom teeth removal, in many cases, can thin the face out and render the natural expression more 'serious'/'moody'/'brooding', expressions which heterosexual females find attractive, according to a few studies i can bring up if you'd like. the 'moody' expression that appears in some instances may also render that person's face 'unhappy'/'arrogant' in the eyes of many of his same-sex peers, which causes them to think the person without wisdom teeth doesn't 'like' them

I've been living with pretty intense mouth pain for like 3 months and don't want to go to the dentist cause I know they will say I gotta get my wisdom teeth out. I can see em coming in. I just don't want to deal with the inconvenience of having holes in my mouth for half a year

You're either a genetic mutation or you will get fucked later in your life.

Godspeed user.

Yeahh i ended up getting dry socket x4 ane just smoked and drank through it. Healed up in a month, the dryness to the wound was the only thing that hurt cause y'know im not a giant pussy

i had all four wisdom teeth removed and i definitely noticed a significant increase in terms of general attraction i get from girls on average. i'm pretty sure that if you pictures with identical lighting, hair style, facial hair, body fat%, resting expression, etc. but the only difference between the two pics was the fact that wisdom teeth were removed, the pic without wisdom would likely be considered more attractive by girls on average

Straight up some people dont even grow wisdom teeth.
Its called evolution user.

Yeahhhh.... no.

Well, I suck at life, I guess that's the cost for awesome teeth

>got my wisdom teeth out

Don't care.

Don't care about your life.

Working-class-fag here.

>noinsurance
>$20,000 to do anything
>working harder than you

Get fucked and die, OP.

Had them done with only local anesthesia could feel the dentist twisting and yanking one out. Felt this crack as he snapped one in half. Luckily I told him to blast me with nitrous but still not comfy

but that 'no' is based on what? my claim is based on men who were found to be more attractive by women after their wisdom teeth were removed. i'm not saying ALL men become more attractive, i'm saying that a change occurs, a change which most of the time is positive

Hey sucking at something is the first step at being sorta good at something

that mouth pain will only get worse if you leave it user, id recommend just getting it over with now while it will still be painless.

If infection gets in you can get what is known as a 'hot tooth' which is where the infection blocks anaesthetic from working, then youre gonna have to suffer the agony of an extraction with no pain mitigation whatsoever.

B-but muh obamacare

Bitter Amerifag much?

>Bitter Amerifag much?

Nope!

Live in the country where I was born.

Work hard. Do it for 12 years.

Results: Big, steaming pile of nothing.

I have seen where teeth removal changes the face shape a BIT but not drasticly. Ive had pictures of before and after and my cheeks arent sunk in or face changed at all.
In the case of teeth extraction and face shape change youd have to remove more than 4 teeth. Unless those teeth are growing outwards into the cheeks or something ive just never heard of or seen what youre talking about
Source: ive had facial reconstructive surgery and know people with facial reconstruction

don't be a faggot like me. i had periocoronitis for years, i just flushed the infections when they flared up and ignored the minor pain when they subsided. after a few years of this routine, a particularly bad bout occurred and the infection spread to my jaw, leaving about 15% of my mandible as dead tissue. if i ever break my jaw now, i'll be fucked because it won't be able to heal itself.

i'm not saying the change is drastic, it's definitely pretty subtle. and i wasn't referring to wisdom teeth removal in men who've had facial reconstruction surgery. the facial reconstruction surgery is obviously a HUGE confounding variable. i'm talking about men who've never had any significant facial amendments having an increase in attraction from women in general after they've had their wisdom teeth removed. facial reconstruction obviously changes the entire game

Thank you, that gave me a whole new perspective of life!

52 and still have all 4 wisdom teeth. So old now I'll likely never get them removed.

If you have a bad time you either had a terrible dentist or you're a pussy bitch. It's a simple, easy surgery.

Military doc didn't use enough novacaine, could feel most of the pain. Got dry sockets on all four and could see my jaw bone for two or three months. 10/10 would suggest.

I hate this mindset.
I hate you.
If i ever get to be like this just fucking shoot me.
>26 years old and cant handle faggots being all "buht im tooooo ollllllld"

Ay, you're a tough guy aren't ya, aren't ya punk.

>Took out lower two.
>Had tissue bleeding in one side
>kept bleeding an entire night
>wake up hourly to spit blood
>sleeping with smell and taste of my own blood whole night
>cauterized the tissues next day
>10/10 pain and smell of my own burning flesh
God hates me.

It bleeds off an on nothing serious it's just more noticeable because of the saliva.

there are so many things that can affect how your face looks that none of you are aware of. wisdom teeth is just one example

I'm a dentist student and can tell that everything you've said is just plain retarded, a root channel doesn't do shit to the facial structure, the extraction does a little tho

what are you going to tell me, that the pulp is extracted and filled with gutta-percha, and that, because this is sealed, the root canal has no effect on the face whatsoever? if that's not your argument, please explain to me what it is

Im going to tell you youre wrong

I was percribed percs, so my pain was -1/10 and I was high the entire time. If I still had access to them I'd get addicted

but you're not justifying you're claim, you're just making it. i provided evidence earlier in this thread of just two people whose faces were changed as a result of root canals. these are the few celebrity examples i'm aware of, but there countless examples in my personal life as well as on the internet, some of which i can refer you to. you, however, aren't backing anything you're saying up

He fell for the wisdom tooth meme. Dentists are scam artists. If they literally aren't bothering you at all do not pay to have them removed.

They tried to scam me into getting mine extracted, i'm 34 now and my wisdom teeth never came through and I'm fine.

Dentists = douchebags

i'm 33 and still get carded buying stuff 18+, wisdom teeth never came in. can't grow a beard. fucking monsanto.

I seriously think you are retarded but I'm gonna try to explain it to you so you can understand, the teeth (all of it, the root, the crown, etc) are a SOLID structure so it's doesn't change anything in the outside. summary: you can only tell the difference seeing an x-ray study

dentists commit suicide so frequently because they aren't smart enough to be real doctors and overcharge people for a living for things that usually don't need to be done, like braces and wisdom teeth removal, they hate freedom and liberty and are jews

i'm just trying to figure out your argument. are you saying that anything that is solid can't have any biochemical effect on the surrounding environment in which that solid is placed?

Same dude here, and the explanation to your examples are very simple man, it's just self predisposition because you know they have done the procedure you just think they have something different in their face

Yeah, that's exactly because without the pulp it kinda just dead piece of tooth man, doesn't have a noticeable effect in the face either alive or dead, just the extracted tooth can change anything because obvious reasons

I also recently got my wisdom teeth out, i know your pain. Just make sure you're rinsing your mouth with salt water a lot, and if you start to feel really bad pain, you might have dry socket.

well, what you just said isn't true. some solids may not have an effect on the surrounding environment, and some solids might. for example, if you put white lead nitrate and white potassium iodide together, the effect of the two solids interacting will result in yellow lead iodide. now, i'm not saying this example is analogous to the case of a root canal. i'm using it as an example to suggest that your assumption of 'if something is a solid it can't have a biochemical effect on its surrounding environment' is flawed

>i'm not saying this example is analogous to the case of a root canal
If it's not analogous to this case is because all structures of the mouth and adjacents structures like tooth does not react because they are in contact since they were from its not gonna suddenly change their chemical form just from lack of pulp

it's me ( ) again. please respond, this is just starting to get interesting

well, there are different things that can be considered. if what i'm saying sounds ridiculous, tell me.

1. root canals aren't simply the removing of pulp

2. removing the pulp is followed by filling in the cavity with some foreign substance (typically gutta-percha)

All the differents fillings used for the root canals are biologically compatible so they doesn't have any effect on human health

i never claimed that anyone was less 'healthy' after a root canal. i stated that there was a (admittedly, pretty subtle) physical change in their appearance as a result

Shiny teeth that glisten just like a christmas tree?

Pull it out and sew up some tooth cloting.

Yeah that's what I'm trying to explain, it doesn't affect you in your morphology or in your health, as I said the fillings used are completely safe and don't affect in any way or maner

it's been proven that the fillings used in modern root canals are safe, of course. safe doesn't necessarily imply no change to morphology. for example, if a 'safe' object that is hydrophilic is placed in an environment that comes in contact with water, it's possible that the environment will be more saturated with water than it was before the hydrophilic object was present. again, i'm not saying this example is analogous to a root canal, i'm using it to suggest that 'safety' doesn't necessarily imply a constant morphology. if you have an argument for why the filling can't possibly affect morphology, i'd love to hear it

I personally haven't seen any difference and don't have reason to believe to, because in all formation that I have about root canals never anybody mentioned any change in the facial structure, and driven by my experience I believe it too, soo tell me why do you believe it does? Like do you have proof?

You fucked up. Shouldn't have got them taken out. Makes you less attractive and can lead to even more problems. It's not natural. Do you think they had them taken out thousands of years ago? No.

what's even the point in having them taken out?

Thousands of years ago the doctors think it ok to cut people and let it bleed because "too much blood in their body".
Do you do that?
No, so you are retarded to compare

Sup OP, how many did you get rid of? Here's a pic of me after surgery, took 3 of those fuckers out, got the first one out with no surgery. Just keep yourself drugged and you'll be good.

Also is a faggot.

yes, i have proof. most people don't see a difference because it's quite subtle. earlier in this thread i mentioned kevin hodge and shaycarl, both of whom are youtube celebrities who've had root canals and who look different as a result. my father and cousin have had root canals, and I can give you links to people who 'vlog' on youtube and who look different after their root canal procedures. the main problem is noticing the subtlety in the facial change, but if you've looked for it and seen it repeatedly, it becomes easier to notice

Had mine done probably about 6 months ago now. Only had to get two taken out, the dentist who did the procedure did a really good job. I wasnt even in pain the next day. I was extra careful to not get dry sockets the next three days, and that was about it. Still have some hydrocodone left over for a rainy day

Tldr it pays to find a good dentist

Yeah that's not proof buddy I mean true scientific method driven proof, because all the doctors and dentist books writers don't mentioned even once in all my time like a dentist student

I had two wisdom teeth out under sedation last month, two weeks apart. First came out real easy, literally just a hole where a tooth used to be.

Clotted up good but was a bitch when food got stuck in the gap. If you can't rinse it out then don't go poking things in there while its healing, not a good idea.

Second tooth was trickier, involved citting the gum somewhat, looked a real mess but overall was a quicker heal than the other.

Been over six months now and everything is completely healed, jsut got to wait for the gap left by each to fill out and ping back to shape.

Both only really hurt for under a week, although one is a bit sensetive now if I drink anything too cold. Expect that to be resolved once the gum pings back.

Pic unrelated

Just had mine taken out less than 48 hours ago, my gums are still bleeding on the bottom left hand side because my cuck of a dentist didn't take proper xrays and got way in over his head. I wasn't even put under for my operation and ended up getting 4 stitches just on that side (I guess mine was growing under my other teeth). I'm not too mad though because I was able to get 5 days off and have around 25 norcos. Life is bittersweet man.

i know it hasn't been mentioned. the examples i referred to are observations of very subtle changes that the vast majority of people would probably attribute to other variables, like tiredness or weight changes. true, the evidence hasn't been scientifically organized yet, but i'm pretty sure someone (maybe me) will attempt to logically analyze the data. what i referred to earlier are observations that seem to suggest that root canals do have an effect on people's appearances

One of mine is "hooked". Ain't no way I'm ever going in to have THAT one removed.

so i'm basically granting that there isn't a scientific paper on this subject, and that the evidence I've seen hasn't been published in a scientific journal. but i can refer you to videos and pictures and point out subtle differences in the appearances of people who've had root canals

Side note, I also was given 4 Xanax and got so high off them I slept for 21 hours and apparently had an epic mental breakdown in front of our family barber because of the inability to eat two cheesy gordita crunches from tacobell. I don't remember any of it.

>>Just had mine taken out less than 48 hours ago, my gums are still bleeding on the bottom left hand side because my cuck of a dentist didn't take proper xrays and got way in over his head. I wasn't even put under for my operation and ended up getting 4 stitches just on that side (I guess mine was growing under my other teeth). I'm not too mad though because I was able to get 5 days off and have around 25 norcos. Life is bittersweet man.

19 and didnt had problems with em
They are perfectly straight
Do you live in a third world faggots hahaa

Oh yeah. That shit the dentists use can take you from zero to "tuity fruity" in no time.

Yeah its awesome, kinda worried about the bleeding still though. Is it normal or should I be on my way to the dentist again?