Why does JJ hate podracing?

radiotimes.com/news/2016-05-04/jj-abrams-removed-anakin-skywalker-references-from-final-cut-of-star-wars-the-force-awakens

>The flags are designed to drive superfans nuts with references to the earlier movies, but Abrams tells Guyett that too many of them allude to the first of Lucas’ prequels: “I don’t want to be too about podracers,” he says. “I’d rather come up with our stuff.”

>“I’d rather come up with our stuff.”

Bravo.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KfQBdRcgizc
youtube.com/watch?v=ZDlT59hqqtk
youtube.com/watch?v=14tMHjDkKLA
youtube.com/watch?v=WSCm8yAxBr8
youtube.com/watch?v=gI8aSJBC9u0
youtube.com/watch?v=itkl7cHcX_E
youtube.com/watch?v=aJTsQEoIcvA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

podracing scene is one of those scenes thats alright the first time but after that you just fast forward it

Literally only prequel kiddies give a shit

I already dropped SW, but now I can completely move on.
Fuck that kike.

>there will NEVER be another podracing video game

Obviously JJ is childish enough to make them remove it.

>Don't make our universe complex or interesting for actual fans, STICK TO THE REHASH

Reminder that the only good star wars movie, episode 5, was directed by a Jew who kept Lucas at a safe distance

Prequel kids are not actual fans

Time to grow up, kiddo

4>>>not even close

Real Star Wars fans hate Star Wars

Hardcore SW nerds either seem to "like" Ep 7 out of fear of ostracism or flat-out hate it. The people who love it are marveldrone casuals and normies.

I mean they hated the prequels too, as they should, but the prequels didnt get universal near-militant acclaim.

Can anyone explain why there is a bar/castle thing in the middle of nowhere?

Are those flags supposed to mean something?

90% of people disagree, but that point aside episode 4's screenwriter, producer, editor, cinematography, and special effects overseer were all jewish

Episode 4 had a catina bar scene, so episode 7 needed it as well.

That's the only reason. Episode 7 doesn't have a coherent plot insofar as mimicking episode 4

Holy Shit, prequelfags BTFO hard.

toppest of keks

This. Most of the people who like TFA like it because either it's their first Star Wars movie and trying to fit in (lol omg such a nerd amirite Dark Vador bazinga lel XD), or just blinded by nostalgia and hype.

Prequels aren't Star Wars, kid.

>autuer theory
George Lucas is the reason ANH exists, so he gets the credit.

There are only 3 Star Wars movies.

ywn scream ITS A NEW LAP RECORD after blowing a load all over Padme's sexy donuthead queen hair

>I'd rather come up with our stuff for background details on screen for 2 seconds
>Actual plot basics, progression, and characters are shamelessly recycled

What did he mean by this?

Prequel kids please go back to Sup Forums

Not even the podracing, because who give a shit, but the fact he actually said "I'd rather come up with our stuff" and then shat out TFA is fucking insane

Prequelfags are people who think lightsaber and podrace shit are cool and make up for the flaws stories

OTfags are people who think muh Star Wars is some adult story that is a no kids zone and pretend it's so much more

Star Wars fans are the worst

I think he meant Rey's staff, they just didn't hear him correctly.

>now THIS is podracing!

At least the prequels were original.

Phantom Menace is more of a consistent, beat-by-beat remake of the original Star Wars than Force Awakens was, and you know it.

but still utter garbage

TFA is a better movie than tpm but nah, that ain't true

I only saw TFA just now because I expected it would be shit and I was right. Jesus Christ, it was barely even a movie but like an expensive fan tribute or something.

>Cruiser dispatched from the Senate gets captured/destroyed by villains
>Escape Pod/Stowaway to a strange world
>They meet local in quest to find the princess/queen
>Meet a helpful pilot in Mos Eisley/Espa
>Journey to an artificial moon / planet with a spawling city
>Lucky shot at a week spot wins the day
>Medals/Parade

>Directed by George Lucas

Why doesn't anyone ever mention these?

youtube.com/watch?v=KfQBdRcgizc

youtube.com/watch?v=ZDlT59hqqtk

youtube.com/watch?v=14tMHjDkKLA

>Journey to an artificial moon / planet with a spawling city
You're reaching harder than luke and his lightsaber

I've never been more in constant disbelief that people dont realize tfa is literally the quality of a high budget youtube video

Jesus Christ user, I didn't want to feel this feel

IV > V = VII > I > II > VI > III

Couldn't be more wrong,

The OT are well made kids movies, with a balanced mix of character arcs, exposition/worldbuilding and adventure.

Prequels were a confused mess that tried to cater to small children and hardcore fans at the same time while alienating everyone else.

TFA is made for people who pretend to like Star Wars but wanted a Marvel superhero movie instead.

>Anti-MEME edits

Just watch these instead.
youtube.com/watch?v=WSCm8yAxBr8
youtube.com/watch?v=gI8aSJBC9u0
youtube.com/watch?v=itkl7cHcX_E

If you can't find visual symmetry between Coruscant and the Death Star, then you need to have your eyes, head and asshole examined, in that order.

on second though

V > IV > VII = I > II > VI > III

women can't drive

>a new shit
>literally made as a joke film
>heralded by autistic neckbeards as some sort of ebin oldfag best evar!!!1!

fuck off.

>let's take a bad movie and remove all the parts that might be construed as fun

Dude who was 10 when Ep. 1 came out, here. This is honestly how I would rank SW based on enjoyment.

6 > 4 > 3 = 5 > 1 > 2 > 7

watched all of these
>1 was made watchable, if not good
>2 was still absolute shit
>3 barely anything changed still okay

dude if we have to follow that you'd have to cut like half of episode VII

my first star wars movie was ep. I.

IV and V have astonishing atmosphere even if IV feels a little hollow and slow paced.

Guy who was 19 when Ep. 1 came out here. Swap 2 and 7 and that's my list too.

>Nothing is worse than AOTC

V > IV > VI > III = VII > I > II

Yea this, theres nothing actually happening in it, its cool and all but after the first time and the spectacle has worn off its just another pointless scene, and the preceding leadup to it was long as fuck even though it all essentially amounted to nothing. It was suppose to show Anakin was a great pilot, but thats it? Couldve hard Darth Maul on the track doing Dick Dastardly shit and actually having something plot relevant happening.

>I will never watch jake lloyd stream podracing vidya on twitch again

rip

6 when ep1 came out

5 > 4 > 6 > 7 > 1 > 3 > 2

Did he died?

You know what was neat about hte pod racing scene? Anakin doesnt say anything, hes acting. This was the only sequence where the actor doesnt make you want to throttle him. There in lies the problem with these movies, too much talking, alot of characters saying shit means there are alot more opportunities for a character to say something stupid.

can't find myself to enjoy VI

the ewoks were just too retarded. completely ruined my enjoyment of the truly good parts.

III, while well performed, felt very soulless to me, like a generic action flick. II had more self-contained fights that felt like they had more weight. Maybe it is better than II, i dunno. haven't seen it in years.

I's design, despite feeling kinda childish, had both excellent atmosphere and gorgeous design.

>can't find myself to enjoy VI
youtube.com/watch?v=aJTsQEoIcvA

I do agree with you, I'd probably put PM higher if the anti-cheese edit was the actual release

FA was great when I saw it in the cinema but when I watched it again there wasn't really anything good minus the nostalgia pandering.

Podracing > The Force Awakens

I think it stands good on it's own. I loved the synergy of the new team. or rather, i loved the synergy between finn & poe and finn & ray, as the other two never interacted.

I liked how they tried to stay as far as they could from CGI and that they managed to capture the atmosphere of the OG pretty well. The funny moments felt natural (which is my greatest pet peeve with the star wars frachise, it simply can't into humour)

In fact, I'd say that the movie went down a notch when solo appeared. It started out great until he blurted that i have a bad feeling about this. Then the fucking Starkiller appeared, jesus christ that was retarded.

My greatest problems where:

1. non force user Finn actually using a lightsaber effectively, this triggers my inner sw nerd.
2. Starkiller "let's point a tractor beam to the sun, what could possibly go wrong" base and the first order in general was beyond retarded.
3. lightsaber combat felt like 2 guys gay slapping each other
personal taste beyond this point
4. ray shouldn't have been skywalker's daughter. a story about a new jedi would have been pretty great. I want to see stubborn kid, sweating nigra and space greaser having adventures in space, dangit

t. finished watching the movie 30 minutes ago

>non force user Finn actually using a lightsaber effectively, this triggers my inner sw nerd.

He didn't use it very effectively, he got his ass kicked every time he used it

>ray shouldn't have been skywalker's daughter.
She's not.

Force Awakens was just a movie to me. Good or bad, the other Star Wars had that fucking Star Wars feeling, where it just feels like Star Wars. I watched Force Awakens once, and I could give a flying fuck if I never see it again.

>

Exactly

you don't just grab a beam projector for the first time in your life and use it as a 100% unbalanced super sword without melting you face off

ironically, finn's movements where the best ones, if a little too simple compared to both prequel and trilogy. Ren and Rey's final fight genuinely felt like two effeminate kids slapping each other

it's heavily implied

a "you are not my daughter" moment would be great in the next movie, tho'

Honestly, it didn't make much sense for his flag to be there
>pirate clans
>mandalorians
>a kid who won one podracing competition 65 years ago
Like, i don't really care one way or another, but including it feels more like a nod to the audience than something that makes sense in-universe

Why would JJ just edit that single flag out though? How petty do you have to be?

i agree, but frankly it should never have really been there in the first place

It's ironic because the podracing scene alone was better than TFA.

Why not. Pretty simple, you just point the beam away from yourself.

Also, Finn is probably force-sensitive

All the other podracing flags are there though.
Anakin's was the only one taken out.

Cringe. You're reaching so fucking hard.