Are rocktards the most autistic, guitarded people on the planet?

Are rocktards the most autistic, guitarded people on the planet?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taqwacore
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

half these subgenres are made up anyway

They aren't though, they're all in Wikipedia with lists of artists in each genre

nope

Name 3

>implying DJs don't make up new genres for every song they make in order to try and get relevance

But nobody uses the really obscure ones (i. e. Alternative Country, Chicano Rock, Italian Occult Psychedelia). Also, about a fifth of these aren't even rock (Alternative Country/Dance, Sunshine Pop, Synthpop). And Taqwacore doesn't even really exist.
Some of these are also regional scenes that aren't their own genre (Teutonic Thrash Metal, Latin Metal etc.).

/thread

Taqwacore is a subgenre of punk music dealing with Islam, its culture, and interpretation

Muslim punk music dates at least to the 1979 founding of British band Alien Kulture.[1] In the 1990s, Nation Records act Fun-Da-Mental and Asian Dub Foundation emerged solidifying the first examples of UK Muslim generated punk.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taqwacore

>80 years of music
>still only half the amount of rock genres

If we're going to count borderline non-existent things like IOP and weird exotic metal scenes, then that thing should be far bigger.

Which makes it a regional scene. It does not have its own brand of sound. (Btw, Taqwacore as a genre is a work of fiction that was on display in some pseudo-documentary).

Whoa, where's that chat from?
I haven't seen a good visualisation of electronic music since Ishkur which was in ancient times (2006?).

>tfw waited so many years for Ishkur's Guide 3.0

I mean, I love me a rym genre tree, but it's also a fucking mess.

think it was made here

Damn, I wish there were more (scrupulous, autistic, you name it) people trying to break it all down on atomic level.

The fuck is Big Beat doing there

>swamp pop
Smash mouth?

Rocktards trying to claim the good genres.

>electro a subgenre of techno

No

Heh, right. Also it hit me that future garage was inspired by trip-hop but not by idm (clearly heard in most fg tracks ever since Mount Kimbie in 2009).

Swamp pop is a musical genre indigenous to the Acadiana region of south Louisiana and an adjoining section of southeast Texas. Created in the 1950s and early 1960s by teenaged Cajuns, it combines New Orleans-style rhythm and blues, country and western, and traditional French Louisiana musical influences. Swamp pop maintains a large audience in its south Louisiana and southeast Texas homeland.

The swamp pop sound is typified by highly emotional, lovelorn lyrics, tripleting honky-tonk pianos, undulating bass lines, bellowing horn sections and a strong rhythm and blues backbeat.

should be the other way round but its very closely related and the main artists crossover the genres constantly

kek

>Sadcore AND Slowcore
wew

Rocktards are miserable fucks

>guitarded

lol