New Brian Eno album out January 1st.

I'm hyped

jambase.com/article/brian-eno-details-generative-edition-new-album-reflection

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aEGd84MAIJM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>gimmick shit

Not a huge fan of his algorithmic stuff
Great idea in principle but other people did it better - probably because they wrote their own algorithms instead of just using Koan or whatever

I will still give this a listen because there's a chance he's improved his game

How do I get into Eno?

Start the beginning. Listen to the first two Roxy Music albums. Then listen to his art-rock albums (Here Come the Warm Jets, Another Green World, Before and After Science) than listen to his ambient work like Discreet Music, Music for _____ series, etc.

listen to his first 4 solo albums and then move on to his ambient stuff

Did you like his last album? This is supposed to be a companion as I recall.

yeah, roxy music is pretty gay but the solo albums are amazing

I hope he doesn't kill it with meme effects
I just want some more Discreet Music type shit

I didn't really like it much because it was 2spooky. I listened to it one night trying to sleep and it jolted me awake. I like the VU cover on it a lot though.

Roxy Music is not gay.

Its going to be dark ambient. The guys in the dungeon synth general will be pleased to hear

why did he put pitbull on his cover?

From the beginning. But skip No Pussyfooting and come back to it after you got into the ambient stuff because it's super primitive and not that great in the first place. Here Come the Warm Jets, Another Green World and arguably Before and After Science are legit 10/10s imo. Pretty much everything he did until 1990 is great and afterwards they're still worth a listen, but it's a bit more hit or miss.

First Roxy Music album is definitely worth listening to.

Who did it better? I'd like to hear something similar to what he's planning on doing.

TTM > WJ

Not OP, but his latest album was interesting and better than most of his recent albums. I'd definitely like to hear something similar if that's his intention with the new album.

Roland Kayn is the most obvious one
Tektra is probably his best

I think that this album may be my favorite album ever. It evoked memories of earliest childhood, moments of pure bliss, undisputed happiness, shock, terror, horror and death - while being minimal. Definitely give it a listen. I'm listening to Talk Talk's Laughing Stock right now hoping for something similar.

Brian Eno, what the fuck does he know googling away, with that fucking alien haircut mate.

What?

It's a Sleaford Mods lyric and that's what they tweeted about Eno Today

I get that, but I don't understand what are they trying to say.

Bryan and Brian get more women than you could ever hope to

who the fuck are sleaford mods?

Exactly.

If you think his latest album was spooky, don't listen to collaborations with Jon Hassell and Onmyo-ji late at night.

They're saying that Brian Eno's making shite that's worth nobody's time, but since he has such a legacy music critics pretend it's much better than it is

I'm hype.

Honestly The Ship is my favourite ENO record since Ambient 4, I just loved it. Really doesn't sound like anything else out there.

>who the fuck are sleaford mods?

This is a music board

I get what they're saying, but it's wrong.

You can apply that to a lot of artists, and I can see the wanking of Eno in the press, but most of it is justified. Lux, his collabs with Hyde and The Ship were actually good.

You know, every musician has a creative peak and I doubt that many people at their late 60's are still at their creative peaks, though Eno hasn't resorted to making pop music in his recent years - so, I'd have to say that his music is still worth listening to.

>I've never heard of them before so they must be bad
That's the same mindset people I know who listen to chart music have

Are you implying that every person visiting this board should be familiar with every single band under the sun no matter how obscure they may be?

yeah ok little fag

>though Eno hasn't resorted to making pop music in his recent years
Apart from Coldplay

Not him but SM are hardly obscure

Is he a member of the band? I don't think so.

He still made it
Or produced it or whatever
What does produced mean again?

His music doesn't sound anything like Coldplay. I think that producing the most bland,inoffensive, virtually manufactured band such as Coldplay is despicable, but you'll hear none of that on his own albums.

Good, so at least he agrees they are complete shit

>listening to post-80's Eno

>When Eno produced their next album, Mylo Xyloto, he banned singer Chris Martin for the first few weeks, to allow the band to experiment more.
This is interesting, but being a manufactured pop rock band and being experimental is a paradox.

Haha he obviously just hates Chris
I think I get it though, he probably finds it a challenge working with such boring people

But hey, you have to make money somehow, right? He could've produced and given exposure to an upcoming progressive rock band perhaps, but that's not really the best way of making money.

I guess there are not many good enough pop bands now
But there are some hip people he could work with, Dean Blunt would be interesting

>progressive rock band
he has never been associated with this genre tho

I was just giving an example.

>But there are some hip people he could work with, Dean Blunt would be interesting
More of my favorite musicians working with pop and hip-hop bands? No, thanks.

right but not a very likely one. he's produced and even made pop before so seems more logical than prog

>he's produced and even made pop before so seems more logical than prog
Hence my sentence:
>but that's not really the best way of making money.

I didn't mean logical monetarily, rather contextually and historically

I was just explaining what SM meant, I don't agree with it, I love Eno.

Yes obviously. Sleaford Mods aren't that obscure either

That's homophobic!!

youtube.com/watch?v=aEGd84MAIJM
It's interesting how Chris Martin is still trying to convey some artistic integrity.

>very fun ideas and crazy noises
well isn't that nice Chris

Eno made U2 great.

imagine if eno had produced joy division instead of u2 though

>Here Come the Warm Jets, Another Green World and arguably Before and After Science are legit 10/10s imo
>and arguably Before and After Science
Before and after science is my fav. Eno album, hands down

>Here Come the Warm Jets
what does this refer to? were planes cold in the 70s or something?

U2 and Coldplay are Eno's mainstream puppet bands. the man is so beyond our world that he literally had two mainstream pop groups do his bidding and bring in a boatload of money. what the fuck is the man not capable of?

Watersports.

I kinda wish he would come out with a new pop record. I love his ambient stuff but a lot of it is quite samey and he hasn't done any good vocal stuff since his 2008 Byrne collab.

honestly his music went downhill in the 2000s when he started working with coldplay and then u2

what

what

there's a timeline where this happened
it was glorious. it had a different cover though iirc

>dean blunt should work with brian eno

ahahahaha what the fuck are you even saying

FUCK GUYS i just wanted a reflection thrread this is fucking cancer

there is not much to say really