Okay Sup Forums so ive posted here a few times today trying to make friends and such

Okay Sup Forums so ive posted here a few times today trying to make friends and such.

Im trying to stay optimistic, and not come off as a fucking creep. But its rough man, i just feel alone and i hate it. Don't know how to make friends and meet people without it seeming like a cry for help,

Borderline depressed but i don't wanna get into a mopey stage, which i usually smoke weed for, but i don't have anything.

Also maybe how to deal with this? im usually a creature of the internet and weed, i dont know really how to deal other than that and i hate it.

tl:dr im a bitch and want friends so im not sad.

i live near altoona,pa
kik: some.guy.dude

Hi user, what type of games do you play? :]

I havent been playing much of anything as of late, no good internet so i cant play overwatch.

Uh, fallout 4 has been my go to for the last few weeks of living here.

Ah, tried fallout but my pc could not handel it, i play Overwatch. Rank and lvl?

i forget, its been a bit since i played as i moved right after buying it. Something like 37, maybe a bit lower. forget my ranked rating.

Hey user. Femanon here. I like games too, mostly MMOs. You into that? I could use a gaming buddy. But, that being said... I don't want to be your waifu, etc.

what games?

not looking for anything in terms of intimacy right now, Too much shit in my life i dont wanna bother someone with, gotta sort that shit out first.
Dont have any MMOs i currently play, and dont have good internet right now anyways. IM basically just sitting in my room staring at my pc browsing youtube or some shit

im just tired of feeling 'cold' i guess, i hate feeling like a little bitch about it.

lol, im depressed OP and even i think this is kinda cringy.

So, you have close friends or just friends? If you don't mind me asking?

FFXIV, teso

i have 2 people id consider close, and one more than the other. Ive had a pretty crappy time, i dont like throwing a pity party or anything, but my old family of friends were my support system to deal with a herion addicted mother, and then they all just dipped out on me.

Hurts man

If you mean physically close, nah no one within an hour drive of me.

Gamer femanon here. I know how you feel op. I'm a bit of a shut in myself.

Shame we dont play the same stuff. Sounds like we could both use the companionship

Shit man, must be rough. At least you have b/, kind of. :)

i havent been into an MMO since my WoW days, i left them for the same reason im depressed now, no sense of community. Felt like a single person in a huge world and was too small of a blip to matter to anyone.
I dont know, i like noise, and silence just leaves room to think and for me to get depressed,

I understand :)

Best of luck to you user

*Blows kiss*

Kinda is right, i only come here when i get really frustrated and brickwalled. man, i fucking hate being depressed and such a bitch about it, have considered suicide but couldnt ever go through with it.

What about music? You listen to that rigth?

mostly indie rap - Atmosphere, Aesop Rock, Spose, Childish gambino

Or like Ska, and nerdcore.
Sucks tho, most the stuff i listen too holds alot of memories and it makes me sad, so its a catch 22 to listen to alot of it.

I know im kinda pathetic about it, im just being honest.

Things will work out eventually, probably not believing me rigth but it will + don't go with suicide, even if you don't care about yourself it will impact does around you. :]

Im not a shitty person, i feel like im just too plain or something. Anxiety fucks me over.

you play wow?
if so, whats your battletag?

start with painting your room white

this

I mean, i believe you, its just a mind fuck to me, i was alot happier when life was shitting all over me, now that im out of it and on my own, i just dont even wanna live. Its not even like i want to die thing, i just want things to be more meaningful than Wakeup->Sleep

Id never hurt people around me like that, im just saying, it was a serious thought that passed my mind.. Ill stick around and be sad if that means i wont hurt the people that do care..

Cuz i know people care, its just like.. Everyone needs a few friends they can talk to right..? i dont have friends like that anymore really.

Why
And also no money for the paint currently.

Yeah, white is the best colour for a room.

because current color is pretty shit.
also white power?
but really, when possible paint it white.

Get involved in any kind of hobbyist group. They are often looking for new members and hosting open-invitation social events.

Instead of trying to make friends, just try to have something interesting to say about your hobby. Fellow hobbyists will naturally like to listen and respond. Friendship will naturally grow from there.

>tl;dr
>you lack the skills to make friends
>place yourself friend-adjacent
>don't be a creep\beta\needy
>???
>acquire friends by osmosis

Solitude and loneliness is hard, but it's good that you're reaching out. :]

No wow. FFXIV and teso only

OP looks like downy version of Bam Margera

i like the color though.

I play guitar, and can solve a rubicks cube in a 1:20, i have hobbies, But i dont know how to speak out on something like that, i dont wanna be freinds with someone who that is their life.. They are just things i mess with.

Fuck i dont know, i know im being difficult but i just lack the esteem to put myself out there, this is really a ditch effort attempt thing... Sup Forums is friends, thats what i tell myself.

Was depressed as fuck then I stopped smoking weed, felt alot better ever since.

shoe on head

Just started playing FF, what server and your name?

weed gave me really bad anxiety for a few years, it got to the point that if I smoked even I little bit Id have a major panic attack, stop smoking for a week or 2 and see how you feel

This was for me too.

did you move places man?

learn to play poker if you arent too much of a retard

Havent smoked in 2 days, the weird anxsty feeling is gone. Just really fucking bored now. Alot of time to think without mind altering substance.

here

i know where this is going and i know i need to stop smoking alltogether, thats not what this is about. I know some things may be a cause and reaction thing. But this isnt a weed centric problem

You can always talk to us at b/. :]

I'm on Balmung, you?

Yeah.
Basement OP isnt in basement anymore.

Poker isn't entertaining to me.

nice do you like the new room?

Simple solution:
>1. Change your mind chemistry to create more endorphins.
>2. Using the same method, oxygenate your body and brain.
>3. Emotion is balanced through motion.
What am I talking about?: EXERCISE. IT WILL FIX YOU FASTER THAN ANYTHING ELSE.

I tried to get into that one but couldn't, went with Famfrit. I'm getting heavensward today though.

i agree working out is a great tool against depression. Chemically and emotionally

Aww yeah Balmung is hard to roll on.
You can still pay to transfer
I wish I could help, but I'm sort of stuck here.

DO YOU EVEN LIFT?

Tell us what's going on in your life, OP

I started working out a few weeks ago and it helped alot op. get yourself some dumbbells or go for runs

Step 2:
When you have exercised twice or 3 times a week for a couple of weeks, join meetup.com. Find a local meetup group for anything..I did one that talked about sci-fi, another that was for free tango dancing, and another that was for photography..I know those topics don't interest you but I can guarantee there's gonna be a topic on there that will interest you.

Its a very awesome place compared to my basement. Under different circumstances this would be like A1 tops for me. I just had to ditch everyone and everywhere i knew to get here

But depression makes motivation levels for literally ANYTHING drop into the negatives.

How my mental process for that goes
Depressed->maybe workout, get buff?->But why no one cares anyways, i dont even care -> if i get ripped people wont like me because im me, theyll like muscles -> etc...

It sucks man.

post incoming

Just curious, how much weed were you smoking?

Grams/day.

And how were you smoking it?

fuck it man sometimes its good to start from scratch

No problem, I'm not even the person you were talking with. I just saw FF and thought I could get someone to help me start raiding.

Sup Forums - where everyone is a cunt to you unless you're depressed

Raidfinder makes it easier than ever before.
Add me on kik if you wanna hat about the game: blueeyedcassie

because everyone is depressed

uh like a gram a day via bowl.

Ill start back when things got real

>be 11 mom and dad divorce over stuff i didnt understand
>be 12 mom gets in drunken vehicle accident and has 50/50 chance to live
>Mom makes it out okay
>Mom is on painkillers
>She starts abusing said pain killers
>Starts selling painkillers and moves on to harder drugs
>Mom is full out smoking and dealing crack out of the house
>Me still 12-13
>Mom starts selling bath salts,
>people coming to our house at 5 am being super addicts
>something isnt right about this
>Still think things are alright cuz friends are around
>Mom moves to herion after bathsalts are federally banned
>Becomes raging heroin addict
>one day she does meth
>tried to rob my brother and grandma
>got put in jail
>Me and 14 year old sister kicked out from house
>move in with friends grandparents (BASEMENT OP IS BORN)
>CUt contact with most of family, living as a loner
>Poor as fuck and no support system
Cont... this is getting to long

STEP 3:
Join do-it.org and volunteer to work for free.
>"work for free?! Why the fuck would anyone do that?!"
Because you meet real people, you learn to contribute, you feel useful, you eliminate anxieties, you get something to put on your resume, you meet women..too many benefits to list..the hardest part of that is finding something you might enjoy but that's the trap part that wipes most people out of doing it..fix: Do anything on there! jobs that look boring are fun and vice versa + benefits don't change..do at least 3 different ones over a month.

Yea it's the one thing we can all bond over :l

kinda fucked but whatever it's nice to take a break from shitposting and actually talk to people sometimes.

>become more and more depressed the less people talk to me
>soon find myself waking up and sleeping without leaving the room (other than bathroom and food)
>Wonder why no one cares
>Start to feel like im a peice of shit
>Get a job because what else can i do
>Work, have happy times making money and buying shit
>Get fired/quit (it was dumb as fuck)
>Lost again, no car of my own, dont wanna be a burden on these old people who are too nice to me
>Call alienized father and ask him to claim full custody of sister
>mom was being a bitch and threatinging the hell out of her
>She moves with him and again i am completely alone, dont feel a reason to do anything cuz no one cares
>eventaully bite the bullet, ask dad if i can move in also
>"yes but we will be on your ass to keep you going"
>Alot of pressure on me to do good, and all i really want is to feel some sort of happy
>Living in this room now, at grandfathers house (duplex situation) Bored as fuck everyday because no good internet.
>Lonely as fuck because i know nobody
>Hey i got an idea lets cry to Sup Forums

Here i am now.

wash your hair

>Depressed->maybe workout, get buff?->But why no one cares anyways, i dont even care -> if i get ripped people wont like me because im me, theyll like muscles -> etc...
You're 100% right, no-one cares.
Let me ask you something : If I asked you to pick up the pillow off your bed, could you do it?
Sure you could, it's a small task and easy enough.
My point: Motivation is simply a lack of small-chunking tasks.
I trick myself by saying: I will go for a 2 minute run around the park..That is all..that is as easy as moving my pillow, then when I'm at the park I do more.
THE HARDEST PART IS GETTING TO THE PARK.
also: Environments.
you touched on this yourself when you said silence makes you sad.
find more environments: PARKS, LIBRARIES, Free museums, anywhere but just your room & B.
Also-Smoking weed is also really bad for motivation.

Literally, cut back to half a gram and smoke via lung or gravity bong.

I have chronic depression and GAD, smoking low (very low) amounts of weed help me wonders. Even try getting some pure indica species (high in cbd, low in THC).

Also, working out when you're high amazing. You'll drop weight faster (increased metabolism) and be able to work out for longer periods (weed is an anti-inflammatory).

Hope this helps.

>GAD since I was 11, chronic depression since I was 14.

>I've been on my fair share of pills, and was able to get off them when I figured out how to smoke weed the right way.

And i genuienly appreciate it, this is the closest thing ive felt to being in a group of friends in a while.. thanks Sup Forumsros atleast you guys can numb the pain for a few minutes

It all just sounds so perfect..i could have people yelling this in my face or saying it the nicest way possible, it just makes me more fucking depressed cuz im a bitch and cant do it even though its as simple as literally moving your body a bit more.

ayy tfw when two of those are me

Op. Gamer femanon here. Add me on kik: blueeyedcassie

Nigga, buy some weights, do 10 reps, wait a bit, do another 10, rinse and repeat. the hardest part for me was getting the motivation to go out and buy them, after that working out became a habit. I'm still a skinny cunt after weeks, no gains at all but the simple act of working out feels great.

I totally agree with this. No offense user, but the red looks tacky and depressing, sorry...

>gamer

>Bored as fuck everyday
You have the greatest commodity available to man: TIME!!!
You can do literally anything you want with it..you can use it to feel happy by exercising (not to impress people or get buff or get ripped but just so you can be in a state/condition to be happier and to make friends and such.

Exercise will make you optimistic and push you far from that mopey state.
Time to become less of a creature of the internet and weed and more of a creature of friends and social activity.

I even understand that and really enjoy the burn of a nice workout. I dont know man.. Im gonna do some pushups and situps before bed atleast from now on.

I guess it comes down to- Im scared to fundamentally change who i am as a person.. it freaks me out

Shit dude, I feel you. I'm in highschool not many people like me. Kind of an introvert myself. If you need friends I'm all out, gl man.

This.
Perfection in simplicity.
Endorphins and Seratonin await you.
I literally stopped believing in depression when I started lifting.
Part of me still believes that depressed people are just people that don't do the right balance of cardio and anaerobic.

OP, this is what you need to do:

GET A JOB:

>it will take up time that you spend sitting at home
>you'll meet new people, maybe even a grill
>you'll make money
>you'll make money so you can do fun shit

good luck

but i mean like, isnt that just insensitive, i understand the chemicle change that people go through when they workout on a regular, but people can just be sad right?

Ive had a job, doesnt really help, just gives me money to buy things.

Try to fix it now, it won't get better by itself

MODS

Let's see them titties.

I hear you man. Fundamentally changing who I am as a person would freak me out too so you know what? I'm not going to change that much, I'm just going to become the best, most-authentic version of me that I can possibly be, so that when I make more friends, I have something of value to offer them. With that attitude I have more energy, motivation and passion than I ever have..We all go through shit shit, being in an empowered position just makes us stronger at dealing. I'm done with this thread now, it's your choice: Stay depressed and spend more time on /b where everyone is depressed..or..choose to stop being depressed by choosing to make less depressing brain chemistry aka EXERCISE.
I'm out. Peace.

things like what user?

>inb4 weed

Don't throw your money away on that shit

Spend more time outside, make a habit of waking up early if you haven't already. Take a shower every night before bed(you look greasy as fuck) and trust me the rest will just come by its self. Nothing happens over night.

have a nice computer, bought a car (just no license), N3ds, just stuff. Granted i did also buy weed, i have things to show for the money i earned

I have the best tip anyone is ever going ever give you. Seems like you are trapped in your ways and you need a way out.
I suggest you go traveling a place where people like to travel to rediscover themselves. Seems like things arent gonna change by themselves. Go out in the world and meet people. I think you would discover alot about yourself.

Easier said than done

I'd rather be insensitive and help you. You don't have to work out or a regular basis to produce endorphins and seratonin (natural brain drugs that stop you from feeling too sad). Right now you need to start small: As the other user said, buy some cheap dumbells, do some curls.
If you can't afford that there are lots of websites with prison style exercises that you can do in your cell without any equipment. You need a change. "Stupidity is doing the same exact thing over and over and expecting a different result". There's even a section of this site (or reddit or whatever) dedicated to exercise for feeling better.

Everything new is scary. The only way to do it is to jump in head first. Once you do that. You wont ever regret it

This.

I would say this is a good tip in general, but wont really affect what he is going for. But Yeah its a good start

Not true. In reality it's easily done. In your head it's the biggest thing in the world. Use the methods posted by the other anons to make things easier. Courage and power comes from being in a good state of mind.

Thanks everyone, i really do appreciate it... im gonna try to excercise a bit erryday and make my brain do good. and i mean like legitimately, you guys gave me advice, ill take it.

WHAT?! Surely this is bait..This is why I hate /b sometimes...that guy posted the best solution so far and you shoot it down..seriously bro not cool, Op is here genuinely asking for advice and we're trying to help him, please stop with your bullshit.

Hey op, so it sounds like breaking your weed routine is playing mind tricks on you. A) know that thats just your head fucking with you. B) spunds like you got a lot of emotions battled up. Make sure you let people know how you feel. Other than that you look pretty handsome. You got great eyes, nice lips. Good facial structure. Loose a few pounds and work on your posture and youll be getting more ass than anyone you know. I promise. Look up videos on youtube on how to improve posture. Dont worry about buying weights and all that nonsese. Walk. Go out and walk. Walk as far as you can. Walking will help you clear your head, get you out of the house and help you get in shape.

It doesn't scare me one bit, travelling the world is my dream, money is the issue.

I agree, you don't NEED weights..but they can help. For now: walking is free..personally I'd do both and personally I wouldn't call other people's good ideas nonsense if they will help Op, but the rest of this is good advice too Op, now you have all the info you need, it's time to take at least a little bit of action every day.

Shut up FAGGOT, OP Looks just fine

And genuinely Thank you for reminding us all of the kinds of things we can do to make life a bit easier and less depressing.