youtube.com/watch?v=Spkf5uTNtFQ
guitarnick.com/romanza-yepes-guitar-tablature.html
youtu.be/PNssWUM4kb8
youtube.com/watch?v=EF0lVn3n12I
vimeo.com/11404399).
youtu.be/6wCmilX8QKM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first

what is the difference between standard high quality guitars and the super expensive?

for example you can pick up a proper SG for just under a grand, but some versions sell for 4 or 5. why?

trim, options and branding

Gear snobs.

Custom luxury wood/finish
Insanely good setup (action/intonation)
More features such as coil tapping

Tube amp distortion or pedal distortion into a clean tube amp for just playing in a home setting and doing home recording?

Gibson is composed entirely of Jews.

I like both, but for different tasks

I use a BD-2 blues driver for OD and switch back and forth when I need an accessable clean channel, but if I just want to play overdriven I'll turn it up.
But it depends heavily on the amp for me

super expensive luthier guitars (in some cases) = insane quality, all kinds of options available
super expensive corporate guitars (in almost every cases) = overpriced, can't get exactly what you want (you'll never get a strat from the gibson custom shop, while a luthier can do strats or lps without any concern)

>More features such as coil tapping
wow, would you look at that, a feature that takes 10$ worth of components and thirty minutes of soldering, for only a thousand more bucks ! what a steal !

depends on the amp.

>wow, would you look at that, a feature that takes 10$ worth of components and thirty minutes of soldering, for only a thousand more bucks ! what a steal !

I never said I agree with it, any guitar over 2k is a fucking scam, but they do use the best woods in the bin on them so that makes up most of the cost. Not that wood fucking matters other than look and feel.

What is the cheapest acceptable guitar to play on stage with? Nothing big, just a tiny gig
Me and a bandmate have a disagreement

>mfw im at a concert and the guitarist just spanked the selector to the bridge position so you know shit is about to go down

amplification matters far more in the small time/amatueur circuit

it'll be a wall of sound whatever gear you're using

a used fender mim

Cost doesnt mean shit if you can play and sound good, the audience doesnt know the difference between a gio and a jem. If it sounds like shit people will notice.

People in bands woll notice, but theyre broke as fuck too.

Yeah but at least when wood is an aesthetical and cosmetical argument and can't be changed, coil tap isn't an incredible thing, even mid range (~500€) Schecters have them.
Plus, so many guitarists don't even bother touching their volume/tone control that it barely matters.

Probably something around the 300€ mark. VM Squiers, used MiMs, Indo Ibanez/Schecters/whatever. I wouldn't trust anything else to hold up against anything rough.
Or if you play punk, a first act or a behringer guitar.

And dont use what im saying to go back and make the argument for the strat knock off you got for $30 from the pawn shop. It doesnt sound good, i can gurantee it.

>Not playing leads on the neck pickup

I agree with you anons, thank you

I disagree with this though, I think a VM Squier is just fine

Every so often my bridge pickup gets much quieter and stringy, usually knocking on the pickguard near the selector switch fixes it.
Is my selector switch fucked? Or should I be more concerned about other aspects?

mate a vm squier and a used mim should cost about the same

solder it back
although there should be some noise when that happens I think

It crackles a bit when I change pickups, is that what you mean?

crackling might be the switch itself
either way it shouldn't be an expensive fix

Based Josh.

>you will never be a handsome 6'4 widely loved rock god

why even live

Wait, that ginger is six fucking four?

>you will never play in standard C on a motorave guitar while playing scales you came up with
life is suffering

according to google

musicians never look their real height on stage

>widely loved rock god
[allah ackbars intensify in the distance]

Thats a lot of souless-ness

Thanks user

What is the best EQD pedal? Im planning on ordering either the Depths or Acopulco Gold, but I'm open to recommendations

I met Paul Gilbert and he's a giant.

Isaac Brock for me, guy is like 5'4". Listened to and watched him for over a decade and had no idea.

>implying he made any original scales

>fat chap keeps popping up on my suggested videos on youtube
>fuck it, I'll watch one of them, it can't be that bad

buckle up lads because that video is quite a ride
>starts literally with a cringy intro of him soloing
at least there's a bare minimum of phrasing here
>cringy glass breaking sound effect for transitions
>myth one is about starting on acoustic/classical being better
>his only argument is "no because they're different but electric is totally better", says nylon is more physically demanding (jesus christ what)
>myth 2 is about having an amplifier being necessary to practice electric guitar
>somehow he finds a bullshit argument using himself as an example, "you can hear it so it works", without making any mention of ringing open strings which you'll notice less without an amp

>myth 3 is about having to start on an affoardable guitar
so far this is the first time he's been right

>myth 4 is starting on thin strings being better for beginners
a little bullshit but at least his argument stands (a 50 year old woodworker with callouses all over his hands wouldn't feel anything with 9s)

>myth 5 is about learning to read and write being important for being a guitarist
I thought "this is bullshit"
But his arguments are even worse, saying that you don't need to write down anything if you play meal/blooz/rock, and that there some successful players who don't know how (without quoting a single one, nice trick)
but yeah sure don't write anything down, improvise your chorus changes and mess everything up when you take a winter break from rehearsing and forget parts of the song

Tl;Dr : Fat cunt plays uninspired garbage and gives terrible advice.

Why is he so red by the way ? He's almost as red as the LesPaul he's holding, is he a lobster in disguise ?

Not that guy, he obviously follows scale principles but Homme's style is pretty damn unique. Conflicting low end C with a load of high half step riffs. It's illogical but he makes it work.

Helps having incredibly good bandmates too I guess.

oui oui fromage

>is about learning to read and write being important for being a guitarist

if you're thinking about one day being a professional why wouldn't you learn though? artists get away with it because they never need to

session musicians need to sight read sheet music, no room for tabs

>it's only good if it's not "creative"
>listen to my five fuzz pedals and five delay pedals in my chain
>this is real music

>reading sheet music
A better skill is being able to read unorganized hand written numbers

Just build an Acopulco dude

succ my baguette, roast-beef

That's his argument, not mine, I have the same thought as you, writing and reading are powerful tool.

what are you even trying to say

What is the cheapest/best quality power supply? Isolated pls
The moen miso 8 seems like the cheapest option

clyp.it/x3yqqukz

shit tone aside, who likey?

>Why is he so red by the way ? He's almost as red as the LesPaul he's holding, is he a lobster in disguise ?

He's embarassed by the quality of your post.

t. the captain

Your playing is nice, why ruin it

my neighbors are home and i can't crank my amp. :(

>what are you even trying to say
You kinda sound like a naive shoegazing teen who relies on effects and doesn't want to learn technique and theory because it might hind your "creativity"

lmao

First off thx for the Hal Leonard bass.

Second I am new to bass and have 2 questions.

Got a Yamaha trbx and it has 3 knobs, 1 for the precision pickup, 1 for jazz pickup, and one for "tone"?

What do these knobs actually do?

Second question is what do the bass, mid and treble knobs on my amp do. How do I tune these for specific songs

I hate the snobs who spend thousands of dollars on high end gear and obsess over toanz to sound like their favourite bands when said bands clearly only uses cheap and accessible gear.

What bands use shit gear?

I agree obsessing over tone is a bit stupid though when artists are pumping through many thousands worth of amp/stacks live and spend months producing and fine tuning their part recordings.

Hey man, nice to see your joining the low end legion.

The knobs for the P pickup and the Jazz pickup are volume knobs, you can turn each one up and down as you see fit for the sound you're looking for. Tone knob filters out the treblier capacitors, making your tone bassier and darker the more you roll it off.

Bass, mid and treble are the tone controls on your amp, they're what your bass sound will be founded upon after your pickups and tone knob position. You use the three to amplify or reduce certain frequencies on your bass, it's the reason so many different bass tones exist, like how different bass tones are in metal, dub and jazz, for example. Move them around until you find your desired sound.

r8 my cover, /gg/

n-no bully please

youtube.com/watch?v=Spkf5uTNtFQ

unavailable

Damn, you mean he can read into the future ? So this is the power of the Chapman(tm) huh...

How so ? I'm almost the opposite of what you've described. Keep in mind, I agree with next to none of his points I just found the video really stupid.

changed it to public, apologies m8

Kek fuck off third worlder. I'm glad it's not available in here in Freedom McMoney Land.

>First off thx for the Hal Leonard bass.
Thanks for pointing that out. I would've overlooked it.

tidy playing, like the links around the 30 second mark

original basslines?

Can any fingerstyle guitarists help me out?

I'm starting to more seriously practice fingerstyle guitar (specifically Travis picking stuff), but my right hand feels real awkward. My fingers sort of keep getting stuck or caught up on the strings, but I don't think I'm picking too deep. How can I improve my right hand?

Are Album Tab books worth it? I would really love to learn some of the intricate stuff some specific guitarist do, but i don't want to support at sites like ultimate guitar (who 70% of the time have the wrong tab)
I know its better to learn by ear but sometimes i just wanna know a song offhand for fun and actually learn what techniques the actual guitarists of the bands used

p gud senpai

They usually are worth it, yes.

If you don't want to use tab they include notation if you wanna try your hand at music reading.

So i picked this off a forum

20hz - 80hz = ........ Low Bass
80hz - 320hz = ...... Hi Bass, also referred to as Midbass.
320hz - 1280hz = ... Midrange
1280hz - 5120hz = .. High Midrange/Low Treble
5120hz - 20840hz = . High Treble

But from what I understand the bass only goes from around 40 Hz to 400 Hz

So what exactly is the mid and treble knobs doing on an amplifier if those frequencies are not being played directly?

Excercises m8.

guitarnick.com/romanza-yepes-guitar-tablature.html

This is a guitar teacher classic, easy to play but a good fingerpicking drill.

i love tab books. though sometimes theyre a bit wrong. youll find that some are better than others. pic related has every single part approved by frusciante for example.

/gg/, help me come to a conclusion
This is driving me nut
How do people keep playing games like guitar hero and rockband without moving on to a real instrument?
All they talk about is score and difficulty
Do they not like music? Are they emotionless? Are they brain dead? I don't get it

I'm thinking of buying an Epiphone les paul custom to get back into music. I haven't played in a while and I've been itching to start again. opinions?

Ive dabbled in the Hal Leonard bass and guitar books for Nirvana tabs.
They are definitely better than ultimate guitar in terms of your timing, key, measure, beats, and rhythm. However they usually only tab out say the first 4 bars of a song then show the chorus and post "rythym figure 1, simile" which means play what we just showed you but it is going to change and we arent going to show you the rest. So it gives you the basic rhythm but lets you decipher the rest.

Awwwwe shit! Is there a place online where I can download this?

The amp still has to be able to process the upper register on your bass, that is to say harmonics and other nice shit the pickup magnets can pick up.

The Hz range each knob controls depends on the instrument the amp is for.

Seconding this, owned quite a few and there's always song tabs you won't find online. Even better if you can read sheet music since basically every artist has an official songbook out there

just bought a swollen pickle fuzz, ama

Some people don't actually want to do the thing. Some people just want to pretend for a bit.

These can vary a lot depending on who made the bass, and they seem weird as 5kHz-20kHz is cymbal territory.
As for bass range, it's a little bit more complex than that, these are the fundamentals of the notes that you're playing, but the ear will also pick the harmonics of it, so when you're hearing a low B on a 5 string, you're not only hearing 30ish Hz.

You need two to post here.

thank m8, I'll try this out.

I can play some Chet Atkins stuff, the left hand is absolutely fine, but I can't help but feel as if I'm doing something wrong with the right hand. my fingers just keep getting hung up on the strings, and I'm thinking maybe my right hand placement is wrong, though it doesn't seem to be.

I didn't realize anybody still played those kinds of games. Seemed like a fad. I had a lot of fun with them when they first came out even though I already played an instrument.

I eventually quit in a moment of self reflection I had after spending about an hour trying to learn the solos in Hangar 18 in practice mode.

youtu.be/PNssWUM4kb8

well they clearly like music if they play them

instruments are hard work and expensive. takes ages to see actual progress and you need to stay motivated. not everybody is willing

cheers m8s. I followed the synth bass sounding thing from the original track. This bass guitar's strings are all rusty end smell weird

y-you too

why did this lose popularity? will it make a comeback?

>my fingers just keep getting hung up on the strings

What do you mean?

Also are you playing nylon or steel string?

I prefer the EHX Iron Lung.

For the metal lads, this one has the songs in both standard notation and tab, and all the transcriptions were actually done by the guitarist. Pretty neat.

youtube.com/watch?v=EF0lVn3n12I

Steel string, though a long time ago I studied classical (when I was like 14) and played on nylon.

I don't quite know how to explain it, it happens when playing with a pick too sometimes, I can't do stuff like tremolo or faster strumming reliably (for reference vimeo.com/11404399). If I hold the pick any looser, it a) just slides so far away toward my palm that it's the tip of my index finger and side of the thumb that are touching the strings and/or b) won't go through the strings, it just gets stuck. Though I can play most single note stuff just fine. At first I thought I'm playing to strong, but is it possible to play too lightly, i.e. not firmly enough?

As to fingerpicking, my fingers sometimes get stuck or hung up on the strings, like I'm fighting with the strings though I'm not really digging in very deep or anything. It's especially problematic when I'm doing a forward roll on the last 4 strings, it just feels kind of ''crowded'' if that makes sense, and it won't come out right.

Another thing is, when playing fingerstyle, should you pluck with the very tip of the fingers, or more with pads?

Appreciate any help.

>tfw have that exact pedal
>tfw used it once
>"neat"
>and never used it again.

I'm trying out tuning to A = 432Hz and A = 445Hz, to see if there's really a difference.
So far it's confirming my idea that it's just placebo bullshit, there's barely any difference when playing at 440Hz.

youtu.be/6wCmilX8QKM

I don't see a drum general so I'm gonna ask my dumb question here

Does the rug have to be a drum-specific rug or can I just get any tacky ass rug from a thrift store and use it for that?

What are the Sup Forums-core pedals?

I know a lot of you (me included) like the MXR Carbon Copy Delay.

You need a tone rug.

I bought some rug tubes for the warm tone

should i sell my bass big muff or keep it?

anyone have experience with noisemaker effects pedals?

Buy a proper drum mat, they're designed to keep your rig in place and muffle buzz.