Hi Sup Forums, i'm a men's rights advocate. Are you?

Hi Sup Forums, i'm a men's rights advocate. Are you?
What do you think about the men's rights movement?

Also AMA.

Self-bump

>What do you think about the men's rights movement?

This.

>virgin4life
It's very telling about how fucked up society is when the assertion that your argument is invalid because you haven't touched a vagina yet is un-ironically presented. Or in other words "MUH MAGICAL VAGINA JUICE"

I agree with a lot of the Meninist stuff honestly. If you look at that 1960's experiment with John Calhoun and the rats you'll understand why men are beginning to not even care about women anymore. Society right now hates men. God forbid if you're a STRAIGHT AND WHITE man.

Horrible people.

>Meninist
Dude... mininism is a comedic parody of feminism, it's not the MRM.

I mostly agree with you about the rest though.

Why do you think that?

I dont want to dive in too deep

but there are some good points, like homelessness, education, suicide. really legit issues.

I was under the impression Meninist and MRM was the same thing. Excuse my ignorance and thanks for clarifying.

Well i'm glad you see it that way, user.

Glad to help. There's so many people that don't get it and it needlesly prolongs too many discussions.

Men have higher suicide rates because we actually get shit done when we want to die. The same way we earn more money because we get shit done when we want money. It is not something that can be fixed.

your not wrong, a lot of gender differences between the genders are just natural. males will is always have higher suicide rates.

That doesn't mean you can't do something about it. Suicide hotlines, awareness, better divorce settlements.

I disagree with you there user. The wage gap is about career choices and time working. And suicide is without a doubt because of the several layers of anti-men societal conventions like the family/divorce courts that separate men from their children, bankrupt them and sends them to jail even if they did absolutely nothing wrong.

Yes.

It's prone to a lot of the same issues that feminism is. But generally to a lesser degree.

What's your usual experience with people differentiating between Meninism, MRA, and MGTOW?

*ignore bad grammer

Sometimes i cant tell if these statements are serious or not. So retarded

I don't think that shit gonna fly prober, OP.

It's a mix of both I'd say. There's a lot of pressure on men in society to provide for everyone and everything while at the same time they are treated like replaceable resources. Also, men tend to use suicide methods that are quick and effective such as a bullet to the head or hanging yourself while women cut their wrists or overdose, methods that aren't necessarily lethal all the time.

Most people looking from the outside can't differentiate them. I've already got a go-to explanation to help them see the difference.
Meninism: Parody of feminism for comedy value.
MRM: The advocacy for men's legal rights.
MGTOW: Men distancing themselves from gender relations alltogether, generally because of the legal risks of sexual interaction/relationships with women.

Sure, there's some overlap between the three, but the venn diagram is not a circle.

Well... men DO have the most effectiveness when attemting suicide, according to statistics. So i guess i agree that it is a mix of both.

Oh Meninism

The satiracal parody meant to demonstrate how fucked feminist logic is by simply inverting it and reframing it to vaguely comparable situations.

A bunch of idiots decided this was representative of "men's issues" because they didn't catch the irony.

Even bigger idiots actually thought they made good points because they didn't even catch the stupidity.

It's the joke that went full retard.

Hi, are you Mike Stevenson?

he is somewhat right, men have a higher tendency to take risks, this is part of why men occupy majority in both the rich/successful side and the poor/homeless side.
men are also more likely to ask for rises and promotions than women.
true men kill themselves more often than women, but women actually attempt suicide much more than men, just that men are better at it.

Bunch of slack jawed faggots

No, who's that?

>Meninism
trolls, trying to pull some half assed "reverse feminism" for the lulz
>MRA
whining cunts, afraid of women and missing the love their mothers should've given them along with the sober masculinity their absent fathers couldn't provide.
>MGTOW
nerds, who tried too long getting laid by tipping their fedoras with no luck, who then turned a 180 and now "chose" to not try to get laid because they realized they can't.

Strongest victims in the world now?

Or Karen Straugn? Or Allison Teaman?

Troll/10

Dr. Randomercam from jewtube. Good shit. He was my introduction to the MRM and some other similar movements.

>advocating for parental rights, fair divorce courts and bodily integrity is being a whining cunt
You are either being retarded to troll me or being so retarded you can't be differentiated from a troll.

Ah, yeah i saw a few of his vids, didn't know him by name.

Sounds equal to me

really? argue your shit, faggot.
>advocating for parental rights, fair divorce courts and bodily integrity
oh, right.. because that's all MRA's do, and they're the only ones doing that. Right, dude. Right on. You infinite faggot, get your shit straight. They constantly bitch about being oppressed, you know that.

Well, by logic, all men's rights advocates do AS men's rights advocates is advocate for men's rights. But nice non-argument there. Sure, some of them will also do other things but even if, for the sake or the argument, they all drank orange juice the MRM would not be about drinking orange juice, you retard.

>Bitch about being oppressed
You're thinking of feminism, bro.

More or less the distinctions I tend to use.
MGTOW is something I don't disagree with in principle (a rejection of validating one's self on female approval, basically the inverse of PUAs), but the community seems to be a really deep sliding scale that ranges from guys who can accidentally alpha up by not fearing rejection and end up WAY more successful in the relationship department, all the way to "women aren't even human" breeds of bitter insanity. I worry about the community. Being based around avoiding women means they're less likely to get called out and there's little blocking the radicalization process.

Doesn't help that most people seem to get into it as a response to being fucked over by a woman.

Yeah, there's certain branches of it that are just as retardedly ideological as current SJW/feminist culture. It needs reform.

I realized Sup Forums discusses men's rights in a pacific way compared to women's. That's how it should be.

Also: when OP fails at bait

Yeah, i did, i was hoping for more discent but just got one retard who doesn't even know how to put an argument together. I've got to get better at baiting.

see, there are people who advocate for the rights of oppressed people -and men, are not oppressed. I'm not oppressed, and neither are you. Therefore, we don't need anyone fighting for our collective rights, though of cause their can be incidents where our individual rights are in jeopardy. But that's another case.

being an MRA, and claiming not to be pathetic, is like claiming white pride and not being racist.

and yes, feminists whine too -but that's no excuse for men to start.

Oppression is the feminist framework. Most MRAs would claim no one is "oppressed". But that gender rolls come with pros and cons. And that the focus on women has largely left men with a lot of cons without pros.

well... it's still women getting raped, beaten and killed by men by a long shit, so I'd say we're not exactly losing that battle just here and now.
>gender rolls
kek

I don't think that men, or women, are oppressed because i've studied history and know from my countries older generations what oppression really is. That does not mean that there's not legal desparities between the rights of women and men. Your assertion that you only need to fight for your rights if you are oppressed is false.

>claiming white pride and not being racist.
I personally find that being proud of something you didn't accomplish, like your race, is stupid. But i do not see why being proud of your race is necesairly saying all other races are inferior.

>feminists whine too -but that's no excuse for men to start.
Sure whining solves nothing. But, are you asserting that feminism = women? Serious question, it really sounds like you are.

Women are only the most raped IF you don't count prision rape. Women ARE the most likely to initiate household violence and men are the most likely to be victims of deadly crimes, whate are you going on about m8? Wanna know what battles we're really losing? The ones about our legal rights. We've been losing for decades if not for more than a century.

>Crime happens to group A
>This means the completely separate issues of group B are of no concern
Fucking flawless logic m8

>I don't think that men, or women, are oppressed because i've studied history and know from my countries older generations what oppression really is. That does not mean that there's not legal desparities between the rights of women and men. Your assertion that you only need to fight for your rights if you are oppressed is false.
in order to fight oppression, oppression must exist. Women was, historically and to some extent today, oppressed by men -that gave rise to the suffragettes and then feminism. Men have never been systematically oppressed by women, ever, same as whites have never been oppressed by negroes.
>But i do not see why being proud of your race is necesairly saying all other races are inferior
it is, technically, not. But, experience tells that only white supremacists feel the need to assert pride in their race, for whatever reason. Therefore "white pride" is associated with racism, whereas "black pride" is not, even though it is equally silly.
>are you asserting that feminism = women?
not sure I get the question? But no, feminism is not exclusively for women, but it is BY women.
>Women are only the most raped IF you don't count prision rape
true, but again.. it's men doing the raping, the only reason they rape men in prisons, is the absence of women.
>.. and men are the most likely to be victims of deadly crimes
with other men being the aggressors.
>whate are you going on about m8?
that men are inherently more violent than women.
>The ones about our legal rights. We've been losing for decades if not for more than a century.
and yet, we still run society. We have the top posts, we make the most money and we call the shots. This is not arguing, this is just stating the boring facts.

shit I never wrote, the post.

>Excuse my ignorance and thanks for clarifying.
what the fuck, i thought this was Sup Forums

>i thought this was Sup Forums
yes, yes it is.

I wanna wear your corpse around my house as a hat.

faith restored ya sick bastard

>in order to fight oppression
Dude, no one else but you is talking about oppression. But since you brought it up:
>Women was, historically and to some extent today, oppressed by men
Nice assertion, how exactly were they oppressed? Also, wanna know what the suffragettes biggest battle was? Convincing other women. Because women didn't want the vote if it meant they had to get drafted to do it. Eventually they got the vote WITHOUT the state having the right to send them to war (men still have this 'privilege') And guess what? they then voted in favor of joining two huge wars.

Fuck the race bit, i don't care enough to argue.

The important thing about pointing out how worse men have in terms of being vicims of crimes is not to blame a gender, it's that the answer is NOT to fuck their rights even more and subvert the concept of "innocent until proven guilty" when accused by a woman and place his freedom on her hands just because of the assertion that the wyminz are hurt by the menz.

>we still run society.
How do YOU run society? How do i? How does the men working sewers run it? We're not Putin, Obama, Zoros or anyone like that, we're fucking plebs. Wanna know what's being a real driver for societal and political life nowadays? FEMINISM.

>Dude, no one else but you is talking about oppression. But since you brought it up:
having your rights stumped on, should sorta equal oppression, I'd reckon.
>how exactly were they oppressed?
not allowed to vote, not allowed to divorce, not allowed abortion, beaten (lawfully) by their husbands, burned for witchcraft, held as cattle (harems) dependant on men for livelihood because not allowed to work etc etc. You do know this, right? It's common knowledge in most of the world.
>wanna know what the suffragettes biggest battle was? Convincing other women
disputed, but probably with some truth in it. Internalized fear of self reliance, like the slaves that didn't want to be free. Stockholm Syndrome, some would say. Ask women today, if they want to recall their right to vote? Right, they don't.
>The important thing about pointing out how worse men have in terms of being vicims of crimes is not to blame a gender
but again, it's men hurting men. You get around this, men are more violent than women, and better at violence than women, and we inhabit the same earth. They have a right to fear us, you know.
>How do YOU run society? How do i?
we're Sup Forumstards, bro. We run shit all, but we're hardly representatives for the male populace at large.

So... what WAS your point then?

Because you dismissed the idea of mens' issues needing attention. And you used women being victims of crime to emphasize and substantiate this. What was I SUPPOSED to take from that?

Are you just homogenizing the groups so that men somehow benefeit from being able to rape women and THAT somehow offsets shit like a lack of reproductive rights or something?

>having your rights stumped on, should sorta equal oppression,
Could we just not callit oppression?Just to not have another whole thing to argue about.

>not allowed to vote
Because until they were, it was considered that those who fight and die for the country should be the ones that vote.

>not allowed to divorce
In america maybe, for most of history they were perfectly capable.

>not allowed abortion
Keked so hard, there's abortive methods as old as the early roman empire. And they were common as fuck.

> beaten (lawfully) by their husbands
I'll admit that one.

>burned for witchcraft,
For a comparativly small period of time in a certain part of the world, sure. The rest of the world for the rest of time? Nah.

>held as cattle (harems)
You lack historical perspective, in a world were 90% of people worked a horrible job and lived an awfull and short life, being taken as one of a rich man's wives was a fucking blessing.

>dependant on men for livelihood
Again, a fucking blessing to not have to work until they die.

>not allowed to work
HAHAHAHA, no. before the industrial revolution 90% of everyone had to work, if %50 of the population didn't they would have all starved to death.

>It's common knowledge
It's a common belief.

>Internalized
triggered

>but again, it's men hurting men.
You missed the point entirely. Read my post again.

>we're hardly representatives for the male populace at large.
The 'male populace' doesn't do shit. Some men do some things and some men do other things. We're not a brotherhood, we're not a guild, we're not an organization. Tone down the collectivism.