30 of the Pitchfork's 50 best albums of the year were made by black people

>30 of the Pitchfork's 50 best albums of the year were made by black people

>Of the Top 10, only 3 artists are not black people.

wow, why are black people so talented, Sup Forums?

White people are afraid to make controversial music

>using Pitchfork as a source for good music taste

hip hop and r&b happen to be in a golden age and rock music happens to be dying out

Please stop the race baiting, I like this board.
Solange didn't make the album of the year by any metric and Pitchfork have their biases, who gives a shit.
It's a fucking website.

Because that's all there is today, rock or rap/pbr&b

hip hop's golden age was usually considered to be the 90s

or the 80s if you're talking to real oldfags

>Yet another p4k race baiting thread

The only truly great rap albums this year came from Danny Brown and ATCQ.

The Wire >>>> Pitchfork

>No Death Grips

WHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT
THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

hip hop is in a golden age of being overvalued

Pitchfork hates DG, they're 2 kool 4 our meme music, only virgins nerds listen to that, not alpha music journalists like the p4k staff

What else is new

What music publications does Sup Forums keep up with, if not Pitchfork?

None because they're all poptimist trash

none, and i dont keep up with p4k either

"music journalism" is the asshole of journalism

>no Jeff Rosenstock
It's shit

none, since they won't cover actual underground or experimental music, just flavor of the month indie music and top 40 rap and pop

and they're right for hating it, Death grips are not good nor revolutionary, they're merely nu-metal revival, get over yourself

Whoa boy you've never experienced game journalism.

SCARUFI, who else?

What is The Wire?

albums is trash, 2014 one was decent though

Shouldnt you be listening to rae stremmurd turbopleb

The list is thrash, perhaps the worst year end list I've ever read of them.

When 21 savages and Kevin Gates make the list over Swans, Jenny Hval, Death Grips and Conor Oberst, you have to ask questions.

Then look at the top 3:

Solange: Nobody that doesnt own a black lives matter shirt would consider this the best album released this year.

Frank Ocean: really? The most dissapointing album of the year even to R&B fans is the second best album of the year?

Beyoncé: This is a joke... No way in hell can this album be better than every other release this year bar 2.

The bias toward left-leaning agenda album is clearly strong. Look I frankly dont care about politics but this list does and it is thrash because of it.

Pitchfork knows who reads the website: a wide spectrum of music enthusiasts who mostly have very left leaning worldview. They also know which artists have a social media reach of that public.

They went for clicks, they went for artists who would bring more clicks and with artists whom they agreed with most on a political level. It is time people stop branding Pitchfork as the "alternative" critic, because they are straying away from that title list after list.

and Rihanna is top 20 somehow

Scaruffi is insane and it doesnt take a lot of reading of his shitty website to find that out.. If you read his "best poems of all time list" you will find it peculiar that he put his own poems there.

Go ahead and read his and tell me it is better than T.S. Elliot, who is one of many great poets omitted from that list.

He's a very knowledgable historian, and its a great place to discover obscure albums, but for everything that is popular/not immediatly experimental/not rock, he isint a great critic.

oh sure, I just like him because he shits on the beatles

What is with the fascination with music publications and reviewers? It's like celebrity worship or something. What's the matter - can't articulate your own thoughts about an album and need someone to do it for you and tell you how you should think? Or is it the "safer" alternative to smoking and you think it makes you look and feel cool and hip and distinguished?

Followers read music reviewing publications. Leaders don't. They write their own reviews. In their head. Because they actually have the intelligence and independent-thinking-capability to do so.

>Followers read music reviewing publications. Leaders don't. They write their own reviews. In their head.

i actually agree with you but fuck, that's funny

The Wire is absolute shit.

this one is better than the 2015 one (yes it was 2015 not 2014 like your retarded ass think)

tripfag but you speak the truth

most people are followers, nothing wrong with that, only a few can be leaders, wake up to the real world

oh yeah, we cool was 2015, great album

sad but true

ive given up on pitchfork; this aoty list was the last straw. They arent even TRYING to pretend like it isnt agenda pushing.

This website just isn't for me anymore.

Its just a basic filter that you can use to not waste your time listening to trash if you can find a critic you generally agree with

I'll always value listening to music myself over reading a review of it, obviously, but like if there's some album that's being hyped by some people, but I'm kind of skeptical, I might check out a review of it. If they pan it, I'll figure it probably isn't worth my time. Likewise if a critic I like hypes an album that I haven't heard of, I'll be more inclined to check it out seeing that I respect their taste.

The Wire is pretentious shit for racist, misogynistic posers who think they're so cool for ignoring mainstream music

/thread

I'm Shitfork and I approve this message

it's supposed to be subtle

Rock music - which is dominated by white folks - has lost popularity in recent years.

Personally, I don't mind it. I'm not much of a fan of hip-hop or r&b (I have listened to the most buzzed or popular releases since about 2009, but I just don't like it very much) and the fact that rock music has receded in the public consciousness has enabled me to really dive deeply into a lot of older rock music without the feeling of needing to keep up with recent, trending stuff.

Isn't that the only reason why anyone likes him?

>anohni gets great score
>download album
>this is fucking awful
>read review
>oh its a tranny

2016 was more about black power, just wait for the next few years

>30 of the Pitchfork's 50 best albums of the year were made by black people
>Most of them have writing credits consisting mostly of white people

Could be wrong but I'm pretty sure Jenny Hval made the list

T.S. Eliot? Is that a new code or something, like colors of the day?