"The Wire is the most intellectually stimulating publication for avant-garde, underground...

>"The Wire is the most intellectually stimulating publication for avant-garde, underground, and experimental music and art"
>Blackstar was their AOTY, with Kanye West, Ariana Grande, Solange, Rihanna, D.R.A.M., Lil Yachty, Rae Sremmurd, and 2Chainz & Lil Wayne receiving honorable mentions

Literally worse than pitchfork

Other urls found in this thread:

Sup
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Literally worse than pitchfork
tbf this isn't saying much

when will the mods make wireposting a bannable offense

hello quietus
you'd like that wouldn't you, i bet this was your game all along

Whoever's doing this needs to fuck off. Nobody reads that trash magazine because they don't review actual experimental or avant-garde music like EAI or free jazz or minimal composotions. They just follow the trends and piggyback on whatever vaporwave or "eclectic electronica" TMT or The Quietus or Pitchfork are into. Yet they still have the gall to act incredible elitist and pretentious. Their fanboys are even worse and sperg out whenever the slightest bit of praise is offered to a mainstream of color/femme gender.

The only people who think that The Wire is some arbiter of "intelligent and advance taste" are the people who have never read The Wire, or people who are only getting into the sort of music which The Wire covers and therefore still don't know that much about it.

A buddy of mine has a subscription to the magazine and whenever I borrow an issue from him or flip through it at his place I ended up baffled by how poor and cookie-cutter and often downright uninformed the majority of their music writing and coverage is. Not to mention, the music they review is incredibly boring, backwards-looking, and downright inane.

Never even heard of quietus

Honestly all music publication threads should be bannable.It's just another poor excuse to shitpost.

>Never even heard of quietus
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

quietus are so much better than wire, they review actually forward-thinking music instead of flavor of the month indie and top 40 pop/rap.

>avant-garde, underground, and experimental music and art
It covers none of the above

Seriously this. I'm pretty sure P4k covers more modern jazz/classical and experimental stuff than they do.

literally POSEURCORE: THE MAGAZINE

this

Uh oh, tensions running high at p4k rn

You guys are getting outmemed af rn

Usually you have full reign of Sup Forums, what happened, amirite? This wasn't supposed to happen, shut those Wire people up quick!!!!

What are you talking about?

>"oh shit they're onto us act dumber than we usually do"

The Wire is pretentious shit for racist, misogynistic posers who think they're so cool for ignoring mainstream music

nice quads
but seriously

>Blackstar was their AOTY, with Kanye West, Ariana Grande, Solange, Rihanna, D.R.A.M., Lil Yachty, Rae Sremmurd, and 2Chainz & Lil Wayne receiving honorable mentions

doesn't surprise me that p4k find counting challenging

The only true part of that statement is Blackstar, Kanye, and Solange

t. literal child who has never read the wire in his life

Better than being pretentious shit for self-hating white black-worshiping, nu-""""""male"""""" pseudo-intellectual poseurs who think they're so cool for treating mainstream music as super serious business

For

you have some examples of this racism and misogyny then?

They didn't give Solange or Beyonce AOTY. They won't even cover them regularly in their magazine.

ok now i know you're baiting
i did laugh tho

Quints confirm

Shit4K btfo

wew

>pretentious shit for racist, misogynistic posers who think they're so cool for ignoring mainstream music
literally Sup Forums
Sup Forums.org/mu/
yall are dumb

>Blackstar was their AOTY, with Kanye West, Ariana Grande, Solange, Rihanna, D.R.A.M., Lil Yachty, Rae Sremmurd, and 2Chainz & Lil Wayn

Cancer.

The Wire is the Criterion collection of popular music.

It covers the classics pretty well for a beginner, but when it comes to contemporary releases it focuses more on appealing to tumblr (and as a result, giving more attention to things that appeal to aesthetics or popular social movements) than it does discovering new and interesting releases.

agreed.

The Wire is "experimental" music for people who think Death Grips and vaporwave are "avant-garde" and "underground"

The Wire, the Quietus and Tiny Mixtapes are the pinnacle of music criticism.

Note: Pitchfork share the same writers with Quietus and Tiny Mixtape.

Quietus > TMT >>> P4k >>>>>> The Wire

Doesn't matter your rankings, They're basically the same writers. They're cool. I'm grateful for them.

They're keeping it 100. MTV is deperate to imitate them. New rules.

Yes, but do they cover the same music?

They manage it to cover most of "interesting" music that pass their filter. While P4K and Quietus focous is the pop acts, TMT and Wire still paying atenttion to the lesser know.

>TMT and Wire still paying atenttion to the lesser know.
TMT yes, but the Wire is just as pop heavy as the rest of them. Just look at their year end list lmao

They're kind of motherfuckers, because they haven't a big staff. And constantly pay homages to people like John Cage, but theres space to the new artists/events. They update it with no regularity.
Theres a possibility of the record labels giving some sponsoring too.

They're still mainstream music. TMT is the only one that has yet to be corrupted. When did you last see The Wire review EAI or free jazz or minimal compositions?

They're not so in touch, but still good as that are.
They're filting to focusing in more urgent and contemporary most electronic genres.

Yeah okay, whatever dude.

Quietus and Spin are garbage. My college advisor writes reviews for both. He also is a creeper who came onto me and my friends when he found out we were gay. And even offered to engage in a threesome. Creepy old fucking man.

Sounds like he's an alpha male to me

Lmfao, whats going on here? This is a freezers?

If Quietus is garbage, Wire are absolute dogshit.

when will people wake up and realize marcel is one of the most patrician and least corrupted bloggers out there, despite his age

tmt and quietus are good too

this, marcel, quietus, tmt, and ocassionally p4k are the only good ones. wire can get fucked.

>marcel, quietus, tmt, and ocassionally p4k are the only good ones.
well yeah, if you like safe middle of the road conservative garbage

>wire
>not safe middle of the road conservative garbage
How could you possibly claim they're more "out there" than tmt or even p4k

how are marcel, quietus, and tmt at all safe?

How is The Wire?

>>Blackstar was their AOTY, with Kanye West, Ariana Grande, Solange, Rihanna, D.R.A.M., Lil Yachty, Rae Sremmurd, and 2Chainz & Lil Wayne receiving honorable mentions
>don't review EAI or free jazz or minimal compositions
>just follow the trends and piggyback on whatever vaporwave or "eclectic electronica" TMT or The Quietus or Pitchfork are into.

i'm a different guy. never claimed that the wire was safe.

its kinda sad youre sitting there with a bunch of text clippings, your on a real mission here i can see that

buddy stop