Childhood was for preferring Gilmour-as-guitarist era Pink Floyd

Childhood was for preferring Gilmour-as-guitarist era Pink Floyd.
Adulthood is realizing that Piper and Saucerful were Pink Floyd's best work all along

Saucerful sucks, but Piper is really great yea

Top pleb

>Saucerful sucks
>not part of the David Gilmour era

Nigga pls, Saucerful is a dark, deep, psychedelic masterpiece.

But only teenagers think Piper is their best work.

>NECTAR OF THE GODS TIER
-Saucerful of Secrets
-Ummagumma
-Atom Heart Mother

>CONNOISSEUR TIER
-Relics

>ÜBERMENSCH TIER
-Meddle
-Wish You Were Here

>BOURGEOIS TIER
-Animals
-Dark Side of the Moon
-The Wall
-The Piper at the Gates of Dawn

>UNTERMENSCH TIER
- The Division Bell
- Obscured by Clouds
- More
- Momentary Lapse of Reason

>FILTHY BOOTLEGGER TIER
-All bootlegs

>ROGER WATERS IS A HACK TIER:
-The Final Cut

tards

Adulthood is realizing that Pink Floyd is overrated shit

Piper is a masterpiece, of course, but I love Saucerful as well. It's bizarre how quickly Floyd matured after Barrett left. Jugband Blues is fantastic, but Rick Wright's more atmospheric songs (Remember A Day, See Saw) are definite highlights i m o. Let There Be More Light is a good opener, and Set The Controls, while a bit overrated, is very good as well. The title track is a great sneak peak of what would they would later do in Ummagumma and AHM. Even Corporal Clegg, which can be a bit grating at first, is enjoyable after a while. I understand why people dislike it, but I'm just sharing my opinion.

truth

this but you can move piper to ubermensch. Atom Heart Mother is genuinely the peak of Pink Floyd

It's ridiculous to compare the two because they have no musical relevance to each other and their association is just the result of a weird situational blip in history. If Syd had retained his sanity I doubt Roger Waters would have just played bass and kept his mouth shut. The work they did in the 70's was bound to happen in some form. Who knows, if Syd stayed Roger might have gone off and started another band with Gilmour.

sounds like adolescence to me

If this is true then why does Saucerful sound like Piper despite Syd having minimal involvement? Also why does Syd's solo music sound nothing like PF's early albums?

as much as I love Syd led Pink Floyd, I agree with this. Had he been able to function, he likely would have kept PF as a pysch pop band though there's no way of telling

This was more like 18-20 for me; I like them now.

There are 4 different Pink Floyds. All of which have redeeming qualities, but Adam Heart Mother era was best.

Put More in Nectar tier and I agree

Gilmour has said the album was "a load of rubbish. We were at a real down point ... I think we were scraping the barrel a bit at that period"[6] and "a good idea but it was dreadful... Atom Heart Mother sounds like we didn't have any idea between us, but we became much more prolific after it."[55] Similarly, in a 1984 interview on BBC Radio 1, Waters said "If somebody said to me now – right – here's a million pounds, go out and play Atom Heart Mother, I'd say you must be fucking joking."[7]

Even Roger agrees Atom Heart Mother is shit
Kys contrarians

Yeah they've always been plebs when it comes to their own work. The two best songs Syd Barrett ever did where left off of A Saucerful of Secrets because they apparently scared them. These would have been Vegetable Man and Scream Thy Last Scream.

Yeah but Roger also agrees the Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking is good.

SCREAM THY LAST SCREAM OLD WOMAN WITH A CASKET

not being an idiot is realizing that Gilmour did the guitarwork for Saucerful

Agreed desu

>comparing the different eras of PF to eachother directly
The style is so different it's stupid really.

Jugband blues is syd barretts goodbye and with it his short psych pop songs.

>He doesn't know that The Wall is GOAT

>Flawless
Wish You Were Here
Animals
Atom Heart Mother
>Great
Dark Side of the Moon
Meddle
The Wall
>Good
A Saucerful of Secrets
Ummagumma
>Decent
Obscured by Clouds
More
The Final Cut
>Underwhelming (at best)
The Piper At the Gates of Dawn
The Endless River
>Insulting
The Division Bell
A Momentary Lapse of Reason
Echoes: The Best of Pink Floyd

Why are you speaking German by the way? Using words like "connoisseur" and "ubermensch" makes you look like someone who puffs on chocolate cigars without lighting them.

get the fuck out this is the shittiest ranking i've ever read

Kay, it's gone.

thank you.

np

do you know where I could stream both vegetable man and Scream Thy Last Scream online?