Why isn't there a cannes thread up ?

Why isn't there a cannes thread up ?

Cannes day 9.

It's only the end of the world got bad reviews.
La fille inconnue seemed to be dissapointing.

Today will have Baccalauréat and the neon demon.

Reviews: fandor.com/keyframe/category/daily
Apichatpoll: todaslascriticas.com.ar/cannes/2016
ScreenDaily grid: screendaily.com/festivals/cannes/cannes-2016-screens-dailies/5103530.article
Screening times: wask.fr/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Grille_Cannes2016_wask.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

elokuvatiedotteet.blogspot.fi/2016/05/finland-cannes-2016-screenings.html
youtube.com/watch?v=9QIQSwB5lMw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So it's the end of Dolan, isn'?

REFN TAKE NY ENERGY

I can't wait to hear all about that Lewd Neck

one bad film isn't enough to end nepotism fämilyä

Because Cannes continues to become less irrelevant every year.

What time does semen demon screen?

Bad is an understatement. Dolan got destroyed.

>Wunderkind and enfant terrible are sobriquets often appended to Dolan’s name, but in fairness the screechy, mawkish “It’s Only the End Of The World” does suggest that the time for comparing him to a child is past. Here after the leap forward in maturity that “Mommy,” for the most part, represented, this does feel like a regression, but not to childhood, instead it appears to be the work of a sulking, self-conscious teenager, locked in his bedroom with his music blaring, feeling like the most misunderstood genius who never asked to be born. [C-]

because cannes is a shitty festival that is basically for celebs to walk the red carpet and show off their dresses, etc

its the oscars 2.0 with a few foreign films thrown in

>less irrelevant

It's actually the first time I've seen so many Cannes threads. It's not Sup Forums's tradition. This board barely cares about films.

19h and 22h, press only tho

Bradshaw gave Dolan 4 stars, lmao

Dolan cancelled some interviews today according to some french critics.
Ahah he's salty as fuck

No, he will release another movie the next year too

0/10

Last year I think I only saw one but desu it was the greatest thread I've ever seen. I realized there were people on Sup Forums who actually knew about film. It was so incredible.

Can't wait to see the reactions of the people, some anons talked about the script and was disturbing

Why do you not want people to like it? Did Dolan fuck your boyfriend or something?

Anybody ITT with a KG invite to spare?

Quality response.

Contenders from my country (Finland): elokuvatiedotteet.blogspot.fi/2016/05/finland-cannes-2016-screenings.html

wtf I hate Israel now

jesus

>that Gustavo Beck

will his towel save him ?

i attended a few functions so far..

dont forget the rampant prostitution (for actors as well) in the yacht ports

Is that supposed to be a bad thing?

Sent.

he's ready for everything after OGF

So what's left? what movies could be the next front runners?

refn will win the leaf

Sup Forums posters have shit taste regarding movies and can't help but browse this board while watching something

so yeah, no sticky for the Cannes festival, which is a damn shame because there is a lot to talk about

isn't the premiere scheduled for tomorrow?

Pretty sure Maren Ade is going to win the palme. Everyone Else was a great movie so I'm glad to hear that this one was good.

What movies are you guy looking forward to hearing about? I think Elle is the only one left I give a shit about

Nothing at Cannes this year interests me.

are you asking about the official selection or in general?

All Korean movies look good and fun.

The whole festival after today

Korean cinema is shit

Elle is the only one that can change something. I don't have high hopes for The Salesman and I'm sure that new Sean Penn movie will be terrible.

>Film Festival

Sup Forums only watches kino

Says you. The Handmaid, Train to Busan and The Wailing all look good.

In the section of the palme d'or i'm interested about specially Paterson (Based Jim), Sieranevada (Winter Sleep is one of my favourites of 2014), Toni Erdmann, The Wailing and Aquarius. I should say Julieta too, but i already saw it.

Not that excited but I'm interested on The Handmaiden, the opinions are mixed and i want to make my own and still interested on Loving and Dolan's film, they said the acting was really good on those.

other movies outside the competition of the leaf are The Red Turtle, After the Storm and Neruda.

Daily reminder to fuck off with The Handmaiden/Neon Demon shit.

Mungiu got some pretty good reviews but I expect it to be middling.

Serra seems to have the second best raves of the fest:

Blake Williams @Astrostic
The Death of Louis XIV (7.0): or, Towards Enlightenment. Serra's most accessible, tranquil, and beautiful. Leaud for Best Ac...oh wait.

Jordan Cronk @JordanCronk
THE DEATH OF LOUIS XIV (Serra): Fall from grace rendered in reverent, ravishing tones. Every image is a marvel. Magnifique! [A-] #Cannes2016

But it's a fringe film, somewhere on the borders between narrative and experimental filmmaking, and I doubt many of you will care. It also currently has the highest score on the Apichatpoll at 8.81.

>Daily reminder to fuck off with The Handmaiden/Neon Demon shit.
Why?
>It also currently has the highest score on the Apichatpoll at 8.81.
So what?

I don't care whether you like the aesthetic that Refn or Park employ, but I don't want to constantly read about how they're going to win the Palme, or how they all have rave reviews, or how critics merely misunderstand them. There are plenty of other boards and topics I can visit if I wanted insipid, delusional discussion.

>on't want to constantly read about how they're going to win the Palme, or how they all have rave reviews, or how critics merely misunderstand them.
Literally no one said this.

>refn will win the leaf

>AND isn't PCW's film a front runner for the Palme d'Or, atm?

>The Handmaiden is the favorite from what I've heard.

And of course:

>People like PWC and NWR get pity "best director" awards but they'll never get it for best films, even though everybody agrees their skills and visions are far ahead of others. Cannes is fucking trash, it's filled with enemies of cinema.

As much as whoever as touting about "genre films", I doubt he gave two shits about The Train to Busan or The Wailing. Is it so hard to accept that just maybe on Sup Forums there are some sentiments of fanboyism circling certain directors?

Fucking hell, they both look so old...

Old threads.

See:
Some people care.

No great directors have ever made bad films, right? Are The Dardenne Brothers, and Pedro Almodovar careers also over, since their films have been getting poor reviews?

I haven't seen a film by Xavier Dolan, so I don't hate or love him, but I hate this way of thinking: "A director, who everyone loves except for me, made a bad film. Now everyone will hate him just like me."

wtf are his shoes, does he have one leg significantly longer than the other?

Nobody gives two shits about those films because they are irrelevant, nobody will remember. Refn is seen as an important director, he is relevant and "Drive" is already a classic.

>As much as whoever as touting about "genre films", I doubt he gave two shits about The Train to Busan or The Wailing.
I'm very hyped fot The Wailing

.>"When an African woman sit next to me in the bus, her perfume makes me want to eat chicken" Léa Seydoux

Her last interview is gold

yes he do

How long have you gone without sex? I just ask because you sound like a REAL cunt.

I'm not one who posts those comments, but you do know you don't have read EVERYTHING that is posted, right? It isn't mandatory.

Based Serra does it again

Two days ago, I believe?

You're certainly correct that I do not have to read everything. That is why I generally abstain from browsing Sup Forums. I only came here because it had an active Cannes thread, which featured more film discussion than I am used to seeing on here, and I will fuck right off again when I feel like it.

I only saw el cant dels ocells about Serra, but when i saw Jean-Pierre Léaud on the credits he hyped me very fast

Feel free to leave, fuccboi. There's enough of a sewer here by now. I'm sure there's a deficit of fairies in some other boards, seek them

Please don't derail this thread.

How so? Who's 'derailing'?

Why does it bother you that people are cheering on their favorite directors? Why must you go out of your way, and attempt to crush people's hopes? Does it make you feel better about yourself?

They're not the directors I was hoping to win (That'd be the Dardennes, which given the reviews their film has received, doesn't look like that'll be happening), but I'm not angry that so many people are rooting for them. Also, do those dumb ass scores matter for who'll win the Palme d'Or? George Miller, director of the fucking Mad Max films, is the jury leader. I'd say Park and Refn's chances are higher than whatever some randy critic predicts.

Miller is going to give it to Aquarius.

When will this meme die ?

What meme?

How's that one been doing?

>mfw it's real

Pretty good.

posting a pic of brighton with a reddit sign whenever people try to discuss smth else than capeshit and got

I agree. I'd rather a prettier one too

All I said was for certain fanboys to fuck off. The large majority of the 'casual Sup Forums' that crosses over and clicks this thread will just post a comment about how the Refn/PCW are clear favorites then leave. I brought up examples, though apparently they are "old threads" and "some people care" even though , apparently, they don't. If this was instead a throwaway comment calling Serra or Ade pretentious filmmakers, do you think it would've sparked as much vitriol?

The polls/critics have more or less aligned with the jury for the past 6 years, excluding last year with Dheepan. Insert your memes here. The last time Miller, "director of the fucking Mad Max films", was on the jury, it went to the Dardennes. Again, if you think Refn is going to win the Palme, the only communicable sentiment I can echo is "fuck off".

>The Neon Demon is screening right now
Can't wait for the reactions. The tweets are the best when they hate the movie.

Refn and Park can easily win some other award, though.

Didn't read this one, committed the mistake in the others. Eat shit

it's a bot obviously

why isn't he wearing pants?

Do they have the press conference right after each screening?

Why does Refn have a job

Is the constant fanboying for Park and Refn not better than those who just click on these threads to shit on the festival, and those who enjoy it? I don't see you trashing those people. At least their showing interest in the festival.

Also, the other Jury that Miller was on, would have been retarded, if they didn't choose Rosetta. It's their best fucking film. And does the Jury President not have more power than members? I had always assumed they did.

Chill.
The fact that PCW and Refn are in the competition is one of the reason these threads have success this year.
Last year it was the desert outside of the closing ceremony thread

>And does the Jury President not have more power than members?

Not anymore, back in the day the president's vote counted as 2 votes. It was unfair.

What? Then what's with the fancy title? That's dumb.

Anybody is hyped for the new Jodorowsky movie?

youtube.com/watch?v=9QIQSwB5lMw

Very dumb. If I am being president I would want some presidential shit that only I can do, not just the title

One of the brazilian journalists that is covering Cannes said that Toni Erdmann is more favorite to receive than Aquarius. Sonia Braga (actress from Aquarius) will probably win best actress.

I haven't seen any of his movie yet, but I didn't like the trailer. I hated the acting,but the topic is interesting. I might see it.

A German film might actually fucking win something "relevant". It's hard to believe.

hype. Cant wait to see Doyle's photography under jodo's influence