Is he the Death Grips of classical music?

Is he the Death Grips of classical music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lXS_RxeJNM0
youtube.com/watch?v=1htCAVefsBU
youtube.com/watch?v=tC64ZU7Nr8w
youtube.com/watch?v=xz87TReEtbY&t=23m40s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

literally who

absolutely not

w h o ?

I don't know this guy.Explain OP?

Stockhausen is.
Scriabin is Current 93

No.

>Fucking plebs don't know who Scriabin is, get some fucking culture

>Someone doesn't know a piece of culture that I do, so they are uncultured.
You're the reason mu is the worst board.

no Hunter, that doesn't make sense, go away.

You're the reason music discussion here is a complete joke.

he really is the messiah

all my love goes to him

Damn

You're talking late Scriabin?
Maybe. I love how most of his later work is just like "fuck everything: sdfhjskdfjhakj" but still cohesive.
youtube.com/watch?v=lXS_RxeJNM0
This has to be my favorite recording of Sonata No 9. The pianist looks like she was born to play this piece.

>lots of trills
>"oh wow this is so crazy"
no

Nah, it's Penderecki, right?

>means to achieve giving the effect of "craziness"
>it does
>"no"

>trills
I don't give a shit about the trills -- it's about the harmonies for me. The harmonies are what makes it say "fuck everything"
If I wanted trills I would listen to older baroque shit but I fucking hate baroque.

>it does
no

his 8th sonata is amazing

so many hidden gems in his small piano works. cant stop constantly discovering new favourite pieces.

>so many hidden gems in his small piano works
For sure. I love Etude op 42 no 5 -- but I know that this one isn't a hidden gem.
youtube.com/watch?v=1htCAVefsBU

There is this one really pretty one with large rolled chords -- I think it's an early prelude in E major. Yep
youtube.com/watch?v=tC64ZU7Nr8w

never knew of that second piece you posted. see what i mean??

op 37 no 1, op 58, 59 no 1, 67 no 1, 16 no 1, 17 no 3

new discoveries for me i never noticed despite listening through his stuff so many times

also if youre not already addicted to prometheus get listening to it

>prometheus
I can't listen to orchestra because it hurts my ears. It feels like it's something to do with the strings being ever so slightly out of tune with each other maybe.

I have a book of his etudes and preludes so I've taken time to listen to all of those but
op 58 no 1
op 59 no 1
are new to me.

Op 16 no 1 has always been one of my favorites. Op 17 no 3 is a good one I had decided to learn as well.

His Valse Op 38 is another banger; that 4 over 3. I love how it makes you feel like you're disconnected from yourself and the music just flows through you freely.

Yeah, I get you with the valse. I've been playing op 32 no 1 and those faster parts are great like that too. Wish I was good enough to even attempt the op 38

The piano part for prometheus is insanely good, let alone with the orchestra backing it. once it clicks its like the best thing youll ever hear but its annoying since no one has ever came close to something as good as it. i recommend ashkenazy with jablonski recording in the complete symphonies set.

you ever given Roslavets or Sabaneyev a shot? They're the closest you'll ever find to his style. Feinberg also has some mental sonatas

>you ever given Roslavets or Sabaneyev a shot?
No -- I've actually never heard of them; I'll definitely check them out along with Feinberg. Thanks, user.

Later works of Szymanowski have a similar style -- kind of like Ravel's Miroirs. I prefer Szymanowski's earlier works though -- Variation on a Polish Theme Op 10 has to be the greatest thing I've ever heard and I'm trying to learn that one now but it takes me an hour just to try and figure out the proper fingering to maintain the phrasing of a single line.

>no dour slavic pianist girlfriend with a severe case of RBF

roslavets' sonatas continue on from where scriabin left off

feinberg is like scriabin without crazyness

sabaneyev is kinda like the early-mid period. amazing stuff

hell yeah szymanowski owns. what a strong first opus! never given the op 10 much of a shot so i think ill give it a listen now

thats not stravinsky

you misspelled varese

She was a cutie

I just listened to Feinberg's 2nd Sonata and loved it -- I'll definitely need to get the music and read along.

For some reason I only liked 3 of Szym's preludes -- I think the last 3. I'll go revisit those too, it's been years since I've listened to them.

I'm glad I randomly decided to come back to Sup Forums today... but, man, all these amazing pieces and not enough time to learn them all not to mention time for composing original works.

>rite of spring starts riots in the streets opening night
no i meant stravinsky

my man, ameriques is like the rite on steroids

dude she's like 8

not to mention that schmitt did the whole uneven dance thing first. stravinsky even praised him for it (tragedie de salome)

anyways heres this
youtube.com/watch?v=xz87TReEtbY&t=23m40s

I 8 your mom

ayy can you link me an album to download or something
not sure how to look up classical music but im liking this