Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w8-tQoLDXyU
youtube.com/watch?v=l2GbBXqcyGI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=eBWbe5XvL7E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>He "grew out" of the most progressive genre in modern music

kek

>progressive
Underground sure, but mainstream hip hop is the most stale uninteresting scene today

Today

you sound like a asshurt metal fan famalam tbquiteh

oh man u found some hip hop that isn't in 4/4?
pls share

youtube.com/watch?v=w8-tQoLDXyU

Really? more stale than indie rock? Trap became mainstream in the past few years and whether you like it or not that is ore development than indie rock has seen since the 90's.

>Complex time signatures = progressive

I hope for your own sake you don't really think this.

>fucc whitey yo
>"progressive"

t. Sup Forums

t. whitey

>tfw to intelligent for hip hop

It has refused to evolve since it went mainstream. Going mainstream doesn't have anything to do with progression, what are you talking about?

what is progressive about hip hop

Mainstream hiphop is all about nigger shit because it's what suburban white kids are into, they like imagining they have a hard life and that everything hasn't been handed to them.

Yeah but are any mainstream genres known for being progressive.

No, that's the fucking point lol. What are the odds that the large majority of music fans will get tired of a genre and simultaneously shift to the exact same progession at the same time? They rely on radio and social media to tell them what's new in music without searching for themselves, and radio and music journalism is a huge cartel

The invention of trap was a progression.

Have you actually listened to any hip hop or do you just hear Flo Rida on the radio when your mom drives you around and assume "all hip hop is crap"

never

Do you know what the word mainstream means you dense fuck?

I don't mind hip hop honestly, but what makes it "the most progressive genre in modern music"?

trap started like 10 years ago, bud
the fact that atlanta's finally getting its dues doesn't mean it's suddenly a "progression"

So like most people on Sup Forums then

I only listen to meme rap.
youtube.com/watch?v=l2GbBXqcyGI

as a suburban white kid i can confirm

Nothing. Some years ago smarter niggers figured out that if you add some actual music and sing a couple of lines instead of just rapping to a loop, then it might sound more palatable. Since then hip hop has experienced a massive rise in popularity. An average hip hop listener considers it absolutely groundbreaking achievement for modern music, due to severe mental deficiencies he suffers from.

>he
>implying xers and nurs cannot into hip-hop
Check your privilege

m.youtube.com/watch?v=eBWbe5XvL7E

Post your top 5 favorite albums right now and explain how at least 2 of them are groundbreaking.

I think somewhere around 20 or 21, it's been a while anyway, I think the main thing that has kept me from going back is I realized a lot of that language and terms like nigga were only in my head all the time because I was hearing them in the music and I enjoy not having that sort of voice in my head so I can't even get back to stuff I loved, even if I still love the beats

stop trolling

nothing wrong with a healthy appreciation for hip-hop, but i could never imagine it being my primary genre.

Around 21. Don't think it's a bad genre, there's loads of good stuff there. Beat-wise it seems to be continually improving. I just find 90% of the lyrics to be trash, to the point where it's offensive. I used to listen to it loads but the juvenile lyrics eventually turned me away.

This issue isn't isolated to just hip hop though.