Prove me wrong

Prove me wrong

whats the point of this thread

what am i trying to prove wrong
you can take the piss out of anything like that

you're wrong, there's actually another album in between

/thread

The point is that these albums suck ass if you didn't hear them in the correct context

that's not true

anyone have the full list?

considering no one gave a shit about the velvet underground until about 10 years after that came out i'd say you're wrong.

Not America, very specifically New York and The Factory...most of the world was not like that at all which is why The Velvets were so unique

The correct context for that Velvets album is that music critics and people who just listened to music didn't notice the albums' existence at all but musicians did and many of the band's fans went on to create genres and critically beloved albums and then decades after the fact, everyone latched onto the Velvets

Wow user you really convinced me!

The only reason people cared about it is because a lot of bands were influenced by the album.
Ignore that fact and what exactly makes this distinguishable from any other noise rock LP? The lyrics? Hardly

Ya user the fact that you are just making the context even more specific is what hurts the album more.
Why should anyone outside of New York give a fuck about this thing then? Like I said to the other user, this album did nothing of too much note musically. It was a music genre in its early infancy.

>what exactly makes this distinguishable from any other noise rock LP
Songs like Sunday Morning, All Tomorrows Parties, Femme Fatale

>this album did nothing of too much note musically
lol

It's much more than just noise rock you dumbfuck, there's free improvisation, classical influence, drone...most noise rock is just badly played loud rock songs that have no merit to them once you scrape away all the noise, Velvet had actual tunes underneath

>Why should anyone outside of New York give a fuck about this thing then?
>The only reason people cared about it is because a lot of bands were influenced by the album.
found your answer

And for the record no noise rock album can hold a candle to VU&N. Not LRD (a poor imitation), not Scratch Acid, not Psychic Powerless. None of them.

spot on OP it's from the past

Which is to say that its value as an album is basically completely based off the fact that it is influential.
The only reason anyone would listen to this shit is because they are studying music history.

why is OK Computer #1? I see something different on RYM

Or because they like the songs.

You're stupid and you're being an asshole for the sake of it.

"I'm OP and I'm a faggot"

Hahaha you said "faggot", that means you are a user of Sup Forums. Congratulations user

That funny considering most people who say they like these albums barely listen to them anymore.

>That funny considering most people who say they like these albums barely listen to them anymore.
What?

did you know that most people like more than one albums? most like several actually! they might not get around to listening to all of them!

i agree with this statement.

If you actually had a brain you would have seen I was clearly responding to OP's shitty and simplistic "I am..." arguments.

Except that's not what I am saying.

People who like lots of albums including this one listen to it proportionally much less.

Why? Because everyone has moved on from the context of these albums. Even if you hit the context on the spot and you were a druggy in the 60s and decided to listen to Velvet, you would still end up moving on because it isn't relevant anymore.

These albums are their context. They lose their value when you take them out of it.

Now do the rest of the top ten

your lack of coherency is making me think you're an idiot.

>People who like lots of albums including this one listen to it proportionally much less.

i don't even know what you're trying to claim at this point. you sound stupid.

I'm sorry user, thanks for calling me an idiot!

yes, this is true.

does that necessarily degrade it from being "good" ?

>does that necessarily degrade it from being "good"

That's a subjective issue.
Looking at these albums now, in the world we live in now, they are ok.
They both have good ideas in terms of their music and they are a bit interesting in terms of their lyrics.
You might have a different opinion depending on your relationship with the albums.
If you listened to OK Computer when it came out and it had a big impact on you back then, you obviously will see much more value in the album. But that value is of the sentimental and nostalgic kind.

Actually its the 10s and I'm depressed now but it still stands up.