what is the appeal of noise?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fbCCWHMjan8
youtube.com/watch?v=5FjGun7X8r8
youtube.com/watch?v=Aeh-vkd-w8U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The sound

T E X T U R E S

The complete dissociation from everything. Having sounds weave and Bob through each other.

The aesthetics.

If you're feeling truly miserable, the bleakness of noise music can be very comforting.

Noise =/= Harsh Noise

it shocks your mom and dad

what's the difference?

live performance
art

Edgy for the sake of being edgy
Mezbow is basically Linking Park of electronic music

Noise can include noise rock like Lightning Bolt and Deerhoof

it's like ambient but angrier

there isn't

musical palate cleanser
also helps me stay concentrated on other things

It's the logical conclusion to bangers. It's constant nonstop waves of sonic destruction.

It scratches that itch inside your ears.

hahahah get the fuck out of here you don't know jackshit about noise rock,harsh noise and noise. kys.

one is harsher
duh

one hurts

It depends.

Some of it is cathartic and intense.
Some of it has interesting experimental ideas.
Some of it is dreamy, psychedelic or intoxicating.
Some of it is ambient with cool textures.
Some of it makes you feel things physically.
Some of it is frightening.
Some of it is energetic and fun.
Idk. It's really varied.

Pulse Demon is shit but Merzbow has some cool stuff.

Pic related is a great album, check it out. I'm listening to it rn.

Sometimes I just feel like listening to music but don't want rhythm.

do you dipshits even know how retarded you sound? Please elaborate beyond one-word answers

""'''''''music'''''''''''''

Historically:

A way for discarded youth to express their discontent with society.

Today:

Appeals to the edgy "transgressive" aesthetic that is huge on tumblr

It's the next logical step from original wave of 1970s punk. Pure sonic emotion ranging in styles from OG industrial to dark ambient to pure harsh noise.
It is incredibly fun to make chaotic unpredictable sounds.
Not sure I get all the Merzbow hate seen within the noise scene either, though he has TONS of filler he also made some truly great stuff early on in his career in my opinion. youtu.be/fbCCWHMjan8

>pure sonic emotion

from noise? Any emotions besides fear or anger? I'm still in the camp that doesn't actually believe people can enjoy noise in a musical sense. Call me closed minded but I'll try and broaden my horizons if you can put up any other examples like Tatara. That sounds like nothing from the album OP posted.

It's like simulating drowning or being buried alive, it's disturbing. It's like the rush you get when a solo or a break in instrumentation happens in a normal song but amplified. Also, it can be very orchestral and layered at times, that shit is the best.

Oh, look people who aren't retarded.

so few people can relate to your experience listening to noise "''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''music'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Consider suicide.

It's not Merzbow hate it's Pulse Demon hate. It's not one of his better albums.

noise

I'm assuming you mean harsh noise based on the album you posted. I'm not an expert on the genre by any means but I like it in a kind of cathartic sense. I can put headphones on and just let it absolutely drown out all of my thoughts and let the noise fill my head.

Stop projecting your own suicidal tendencies out of anger from being unable to appreciate something different.

this

The Goslings, Yellow Swans, and Jefre Cantu-Ledesma got me into noise. Listening to more ambient also helped.

>so few people can relate to your experience listening to noise
So? Not him btw. Also it is in fact music. Any sound can be music when arranged deliberately to be listened to. Do you struggle with post-modernism user?

lol

Not this thread again

A friend of mine send me this guy: youtube.com/watch?v=5FjGun7X8r8
youtube.com/watch?v=Aeh-vkd-w8U
he told me that this guy started as a noise musician and now it's something like this
melodies on a synth vs textures vs tape hiss vs heavy saturation etc. quite nice

okay i quess

>Please elaborate beyond one-word answers
i think youre the pleb dude

these

it's fun

it's another way for music

it rustle the jimmies of the autistic prog/classical fags

Are you fucking retarded? Tumblrinas literally have the most normie taste you could ever imagine. They worship Beyonce and Nicki Minaj. Noise would probably offend them.

I would assume prog fans would be noise fans as well, seeing as to how much prog rock incorporates noise elements in its composition. I mean I'm a fan of both.

This

is right; It was KC's later live shows that led me to like slow stuff and drone (see Lark's Tongues in Aspic part 4), and harsh is just dark drone

Theres a what I assume is an introductory noise album I like, Merzbeat- If anyone can recommend me stuff based on this, it would be nice

I'm digging this

Animal Collective is better ! so is DG

noise rock was a mistake

Stay mad