this

wait no whatever 5 divided by 100 is

Wasted dubs stupid cunt

1 minute

I'll go get the bleach ready

5 minutes. Next.

400 diamonds per wall

Too vague.
Does it take them 5 minutes to make 5, at a rate of 1 per minute? Or 1 per 5 minutes?

This

5 minutes. Anyone who disagrees is wrong.

A machine takes 5 minutes to make a widget. Read OP again and then Alt + F4

The widgets can help build the wall

I'm not sure if it's worse that you actually think this was clever, or that people are actually going to waste time reading it

Retard answer: 100 minutes

Average answer: 5 minutes

Smart as fuck answer: 20 minutes

r u stupid? it takes 5 machine 5 minutes to make 5 widgets

If 5 machines make 1 per minute for 5 minutes, then you get 25 so it's clearly 1 per 5 minutes

1 hour and 4o minutes.

bout tree fiddy

medfag here. answer is 17

Depends. Are each machine working on a separate widget? or are they all working on one at the same time?

If the former: 100 minutes.
If the latter: 25 minutes

If we assume that the machines are working at peak capacity, 1 machine can make 1 widget in 5 minutes. So five machines can make five widgets in five minutes. Each takes five minutes to make 1 widget.

So 6 machines can make 6 widgets in fove minutes. Because it takes 1 machine five minutes to make 1 widget.

So 100 machines all working at the rate of one widget per five minutes could make 100 widgets in five minutes. Because each makes 1 widget in five minutes.

This of course scales, 200 machines could make 200 widgets in five minutes, or 10,000 machines could make 10,000 widgets in five minutes. It has nothing to do with fractions or dividing or anything, it's going to be five minutes fkr the same number of widgets to machines.

It's five. 5 machines each make 1 widget for a total of 5 widgets. It takes 1 machine 5 minutes to make 1 widgets. 5 machines 5 widgets 5 minutes. 100 machines 100 widgets 5 minutes. It's always 5 minutes.

Retard: The Post

It's 5 minutes, you "smart as fuck" piece of SHIT. fuck off and die.

These are the dubs we're looking for

Missing the point, whether the widgets have to be in groups of 5 is irrelevant; they produce widgets at a ration of 1 widget per machine per unit of time in this scenario. Given that 100 is a number divisible by 5, all you proved is that you're to stupid to read a statement in context. Better luck next time

5 minutes is what the average person gets when reading the question.
If you think about it a little harder you'll see why its 20 though, or maybe you won't because you were dropped as a baby

the horse's name is friday

5 minutes

1 machine takes 5 minutes to create a widget, it is impossible for it to take 25 minutes or less, it would hover take 25 minutes for 1 machine to create 5 widgets, so a 100 machines will produce a 100 widgets in 5 minutes.

If it takes 5 machines 5 minutes to make 5 widgets, then it means it takes 1 machine 5 minutes to make 1 widget.

So 100 machines will take 5 mites to make 100 widgets

If it takes 5 minutes for 5 machines to make 5 widgets, it doesn't take 20 times as long for 20 times as many machines to make 20 times the widgets. It will take the same 5 minutes for 100 machines to make 100 widgets, and it will take 5 minutes for 1000 machines to make 1000 widgets, and so on, because each machine spits out one widget every five minutes. That is the rate of widget production for the machines, and it doesn't change no matter how many machines you are running at once.

Answer: it would take 5 minutes for 100 machines to make 100 widgets.

Okay, I'll give it a try.
If 5 machines make 5 widgets in 5 minutes, I guess it takes each machine 5 minutes to make 1 widget.

If each machine makes one widget per 5 minutes, it will take 100 machines to make 100 widgets in 5 minutes.

i like how you're trying to seem smart without actually adding any insight
>obviously the answer is 9 and if you can't see why you're a moron, no I won't explain it, I'm above that

>If you think about it a little harder you'll see why its 20 though, or maybe you won't because you were dropped as a baby

nice trolling, you autismo.

Each machine teachs 5 minutes to make a widget. If there are 100 of them and they each make a widget (100 widgets) they each only take 5 minutes. They don't wait in line.

It's 5 minutes though.

Explain your reasoning, and I can prove why you are wrong.

> r u
> calling someone else stupid.
Fucking kids.

stupidest post of the thread
here's your (You)

every machine produces 1 widget every 5 minutes, the time it takes is constant and won't change. so a 100 machines will produce a 100 widgets in 5 minutes, it won't magically take 4 times as long. Otherwise explain your reasoning.

all those (You)s
>inb4 HURRR I GOT YOU GUIZE I WAS ONLY PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED.

nice job, you fail basic logic and reasoning.

Lets phrase this in a way someone with autism can understand.

A group of 5 machines can make 5 widgets in a 5 minute window.

20 groups of 5 machines, or 100 machines, can produce 20 times the result as a single group of machines in 5 minutes.

If the remaining level of arithmetic is beyond you, go drink bleach.

The things you're assuming from the first statement arent explicitly stated. If you solve it without assumptions you get 20 minutes. I'll leave it up to you to figure out how

1 minute

trick question. fucking saged

>Smart as fuck answer: 20 minutes
>Smart as fuck

lmao trying to sound smart and ended up looking like a fool.

back to gedit with your liberal arts degree.

>I'll leave it up to you to figure out how
Still on that b8 train, riding all night.

All these butthurt retards
see
Other people in the thread have gotten an answer of 20 minutes, why cant you?

You're trying to make a statement about work done in parallel rather than in series.

What you fail to realize is that we already understood this; it doesn't make you any less retarded.

strawpoll.me/10865687

Which one?

>people
lol

lol, this samefag kid.

and what "assumptions" are those?
you still haven't explained your reasoning, you're just dodging now.

> I'll leave it up to you to figure out how
>All these butthurt retards

Nice bait.

Explain your reasoning, or you forfeit your (retarded) argument.

only one person in this thread has gotten an answer of twenty, and that person is a moron

5 minutes

>Other people

This

100/5 = 20
How? how can you even get tot this thing and expect it to be valid?

If it takes 5 machines 5 minutes to make 5 widgets, how long would it take 100 machines to make 100 widgets? ______ minutes

In 5 minutes, 1 machine can make 1 widget.
In 5 minutes, 2 machines can make 2 widgets.
In 5 minutes, 3 machines can make 3 widgets.
·
·
·
·
In 5 minutes, 100 machines can make 100 widgets.

SOLUTION: 5 minutes

its 5 minutes, how fucking stupid is Sup Forums.

it takes 5 machine 5 minutes to make 5 ???

so it takes 100 machines 5 minutes to make 100 ???

The time doesn't change.

These two got it
plus me

100 minutes. Each machine makes a widget in a minute exactly, but they have to work in series.

5 minutes.

assuming each machine works on one widget at a time, and the machines don't interact with each other in any way. that means it takes 1 machine 5 minutes to make 1 widget.

so the number of machines is irrelevant. you'll get however many widgets there are machines in 5 minutes.

20 minutes

But explain how you got your answer retard. Stop avoiding the question.

300 sec

no you idiot. Each machine takes 5 fucken minutes. God damn.

hes right you dumb nigger.

what? it's 5 minutes, not 20

posts from your phone don't count.
even if 99% of the posters got 20, they'd still be wrong.

8% of the posters got it wrong then. pretty good i say.
I still don't get how you think 20 is correct, what do you do? divide a hundred between 5?

This is the fucking answer, congrats geneiusfag.

20 minutes

This is the correct answer you cunts

If the widget requires 5 machines to make (stages) then things change, my brother.

This, assuming they're all working at the same time.

I agree it's 20 minutes.

If you don't get 20 minutes your retard.

5 machines make 5 in 5 minutes means each individual machine makes 1 in 5 minutes.
100 machines making 100 also takes 5 minutes.
If you genuinely can't come to this conclusion on your own kill yourself.

Sent from my Android Phone

/thread

5 minoots

discord.gg/Jt7Jq join and fuck it up she streamin

Each machine makes one widget in five minutes. Five machines = five widgets in five minutes. One hundred machines still each make one widget every five minutes. So it takes five minutes for one hundred machines to make one hundred widgets.

No, it takes 5 machines 5 minutes to make 5 widgets. Nobody said anything about each machine taking 5 minutes.

I R O N Y

of course, but that's why it's a great troll pic. these asshats will argue over it endlessly even though it's open to interpretation.

Its a Virus dont click

CAPTCHA:111

Of \b\ was intelligent, then they could see what's really going on

So no, they're just a bunch of mindless drones like Reddit, and 9fag

I agree, it's 20 minutes. retarded if you don't think so.

No one said anything about them working in a series either.

no it doesn't, because you still have 100 machines, that's 20 groups of 5 machines, if each group of 5 makes 5 widgets than the total of the 20 groups would be 20 times 5 which is still 100 widgets in 5 minutes

I agree, it's 20 minutes. these people are retarded

k

5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes5 minutes

Not 20 you mindless fucking retards.

20 minutes is the correct answer

I love how you can recognize this one guys posts just by the fuck awful grammar.

Also by the fact that people started guessing 20 after someone called him on the fact he was alone in that response.

g.g. retard

answer is 20 minutes. all else are stupid.

4 minutes.

Hear me out:

5 machines take 5 minutes to build 5 widget. That's one minute per machine, if they build widgets cascadingly (it is never specified that they don't). And since the widgets they build are made to build widgets themselves, the time exponentially decreases the more widgets are made.

In short, one machine builds a widget and begins a new widget while the next machine builds a widget, and the first widget builds its own widget. All three mechanical devices create new widgets, and those new widgets add on to the stack of widget production - as well as the number of machines producing widgets, as each machine that finishes stirs a new machine from its sleep to create a new widget (which, in turn, the new widget creates its own widget that creates more widgets).

Now, for all this to take place, it couldn't be just 1 minute. But with the massive buildup of widget producers, it would create 100 widgets one minute faster than typically thought.

>>Logiked.

Step off, n00bs.

8 minutes and hour

it's 20 minutes. but i understand you dropped on your head, so you don't get it.