TVU&N
King Crimson - LTIA

Nah, this was very much of its time.

Big Black - Atomizer
Gryphon - Red Queen to Gryphon Three
cLOUDDEAD - cLOUDDEAD
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
Bjork - Homogenic
Oneohtrix Point Never - r+7 (Will be seen as ahead of it's time soon)

This, it was pretty in keeping with the 90's aesthetic

cocteau twins/ treasure
suicide/s/t
most krautrock essential albums like future days and faust
les paul's ancient recordings

Yeah, this. Imitators are the ones who are way behind the times.

I think it came at the right time.
Although it hasn't aged at all
yes to most of those
yes

Yeah I'll agree with that. I just love how it still holds up despite being 24 years old.

idk man vacuum cleaners had existed for about 90 years already

You'll all see.

>yes to most of those
which one gets a 'no'

I miss when Liturgy was memed daily here

youtube.com/watch?v=gqol8qrab5k

Big Black - Songs About Fucking
Anything from early Cocteau Twins (for different reasons)
Can - Tago Mago
The For Carnation - The For Carnation
Codeine - Frigid Stars (reminder that this came out before Spiderland)
Brainiac - Hissing Prigs and Electro-Shock for President
Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation
Neurosis - Souls at Zero

just abt the most pretentious mish mash of garbage i've ever subjected myself to
deafheaven are pretty bad but goddamn hhh takes the cake

not memeing if this came out 5-10 years ago instead of 20 it would fit right in

Mark my words, this will be inspirational to future pop music and will be looked back upon as an influential release

always saw these as early signs of doom
youtube.com/watch?v=tw8-TlQBcBA
and first two minutes of this
youtube.com/watch?v=6Ec4RM3XBuc

preem for pres

I don't know what the fuck this was made on but its from the 50s
youtube.com/watch?v=HW-n6GWFAvI

Yeah, okay.

thanks for agreeing, I appreciate it

I'm glad there are fellow avant-garde visionaries I can share my opinions with on this board

they sound literally nothing alike

i dont think niggers on the moon will even be remembered in the future much less looked back on with fondness

wow dude its called NIGGAS on the moon

could you take your needless slurs elsewhere please? ...like racist much?

nah but seriously, mark my words everything I said in my post will come to be true, just wait

no man you're wrong, its NIGGERS on the moon

Anything by the Residents but specially their album Meet The Residents

you go first op

I don't know if it was "ahead of it's time" but it changed the definition of "indie-rock" to that of "indie-pop" and spawned a whole decade of shit music.

true

I'm seeing it right now in my own music. I like to use religious themes the way he does, he's a genius.

you sure this was the album to do that?

Is This It came out in 01

+ to a lesser extent 5 EPs

>cLOUDDEAD - cLOUDDEAD
>Bjork - Homogenic
Absolutely
Honestly basically everything from Homogenic to Biophilia could fall into this category. Vulnicura is still great but it's a lot less forward-thinking than her past releases imo

It's just production trickery, particularly the style that has been done by plunderphonics artists a lot by then.

God tier masterpiece of course. In a few years this will be up there with Sgt Peppers and Dark Side Of The Moon as the GOATest of the GOATs.

Pretty much. It's easiest to see like with Massive Attack who released far more hip hop sounding stuff earlier, then this comes out, and all of a sudden then make music that sounds like this.

Sabbath no. The truly differentiating ahead of its time record would be Master Of Reality. Silver Apples definitely I can think of only a handful of electronic music that did anything close to what that did and how much that particular format got popular. TVU&N maybe because there's technically been releases from TVU like right before that record that would be more deserving of that recognition. Dunno why you picked Larks of all the albums if anything its aping quite a bit of what was happening in the 70s by then.

Atomizer is mostly not ahead of its time outside a couple bits on the tracks that became popular tricks to be used by post-hardcore artists. Genesis and Roy Harper were doing similar stuff before Gryphon. Haven't actually listened to cLOUDEAD so idk. DSOTM is ahead of its time on studio tricks for sure. Homogenic is of its time very much influenced by the post-SAW 85-92 approach on downtempo. R+7 is Klaus Schulze and plunderphonics so nowhere near ahead of its time.

Treasure came in kinda late on that gothic post-punk party though. Heaven Or Las Vegas came in a bit late on dream pop. Suicide for sure because of how popular that style got within electronic music since. Krautrock I am not sure. A lot of experimentation there was experimental electronic, minimalism, psychedelic, and jazz/fusion which had already been done before. It's certainly entertaining for a modern day listen, but ahead of its time? Not exactly. "kosmische musik" was big though.

Agent Orange-Living in Darkness

This album was absolutely nothing special. Why do I see praise for it so often?

the only right answer

No one did irony like this again till tao lin, who still fuckin referenced them. still the greatest emo album of all time.

>Treasure came in kinda late on that gothic post-punk party though. Heaven Or Las Vegas came in a bit late on dream pop.

Treasure is dream pop you fucking idiot.

>TVU&N maybe
TVU&N was "maybe" ahead of it's time?

you're trying so hard to sound like an expert when you know absolutely nothing. your post is full of crazy revisionist stuff

it is praised by the mainstream, and gets posted here ironically for the exact reason you don't like it

this makes me unconfortable

your response is why they post it.

I really liked this album

I wouldn't say that it was ahead of its time, more like it used what was of its current time and flipped it upside down.

That's why I love it

The Velvet Underground first 3 albums

they come from different schools of modern black metal, but they're both memed for being "entry-level hipster garbage" that Noisey loves.

These threads are pointless and repeatable. Everytime there is a thread like this or "goat albums"/"innovative albums"/"favorite albums" etc. we post the same fucking Sup Forumscore albums albums (inb4: just because its Sup Forumscore it doesnt mean its true and youre a contrarion) - dont deny it. Ive been on this board for 2 years and this hasnt board hasnt really evolved
Its always been
>aphex twin (good enough its not one speciffic album)
>tvu&n
>mbdtf (what is just absurd)
>kid a (why do you praise kid a so much? I love radiohead and kid a is great but listen to something more besides kid a and ok computer)
>trout mask replica (seriously?)
>the money store (i dont know why this album is so praised. Dg has better albums)
>mbv
>itaots (meme as fuck but its slowly dying)
>yankee hotel foxtrot (this is also dying but anyways)
>daydream nation

There are were and are of course Sup Forumscore choices but their now Sup Forumscorely almost dead (itcotck, spiderland,anco, american football, bjork). Come on guys, just stop posting these albums. I know that theyre great albums but lets presume when such threads are made, that these albums/artists are already considered as examples on these threads so there is no need to post it all the time. Lets leave Sup Forumscore tier music on Sup Forumscore threads and evolve in threads like these.

What if people just happen to enjoy these albums very much and hence they post them sincerely?

>I know that theyre great albums but lets presume when such threads are made, that these albums/artists are already considered as examples on these threads so there is no need to post it all the time.

I know people enjoy it and so do I but spreading the same things over and over again is pointless. Thats the point i was making all the time

okay, thats fine too
it's all entirely subjective

>techno bleep bloops
>way ahead of its time
i thought retards didn't browse Sup Forums

>i thought retards didn't browse Sup Forums
I think its pretty obvious that they do.

Implying that I'm a retard, i suppose. Why don't you fuck my mom?

>>>[s4s]

Early Triple 6 has had crazy sleeper influence on modern hip hop
youtube.com/watch?v=8ECzS3f2O0w

The only Radiohead albums I'll ever shill are amnesiac and King of limbs

not ahead of it's time, timeless.