Too long

too long

couldnt finish

Most Alice N Chainz' songs. Same riff for 5-6 minutes. Great riffs, but most of their songs would have been much better if they were half as long.

swans

Try this instead!

best entry album into jazz, in my opinion

You have good opinions then!

yeah orrrrr in a silent way

>listening to post-1940s jazz
pleb
>listening to post-1955 jazz
megapleb
>listening to jazz fusion
turbofaggot

lol wut

i should seriously talk to my doctor about ADHD, i think its been a lifetime problem that went under the radar cause i was a quiet kid
even though it was incredible i just couldn't bring myself to sit through more than 45 minutes or so, even though the tracks are all so short and varied and so great, i just had to do something else
of course being prescribed amphetamines has its own set of problems too. any ADHD anons have advice?

>People actually think Jazz past the 50s isn't worth listening to.

W.E.W.

forgot image
you know you have a problem when not even THIS isn't varied enough to keep you focused for the duration, even though it's amazing

I think they're boring.

Why do you think you have to listen to the whole thing at once?

yeah, this is what got me into jazz

this, uncle meat by zappa and giant steps by coltrane

loooooooooooool

the entire point of double nickels was to annoy people who see all albums as a "cohesive work", which was even more apparent in the vinyl days. you're not supposed to listen to the whole thing at once

People really like my album suggestion which makes me very happy :3

obviously you don't HAVE too but i just see it as the most pure way of appreciating the art

well i guess i got bamboozled oh no
it definitely depends on the album though. there are definitely some albums that are clearly meant as cohesive works. you would be doing yourself a major disservice by splitting up certain albums just because you can

Go track by track. Each track has a lot of subtleties anyway so it's actually worth doing that than trying to go at the whole thing at once.

They aren't the most complex band, but most of their tracks switch things up just during the right time, and they don't have a single track on their good albums that does the same riff for 5-6 minutes. Man In A Box is a popular repetitive track but it's only three minutes long. Jar Of Flies starts with a seven minute long track, but it changes up the riffs quite a bit.

Track by track for all their long compositions. If it's Bring The Sun/Toussaint where it's technically two tracks listen to it all. If it's Soundtracks For The Blind listen to one side at a time.

Not really jazz though. It's just funk with a bit more complex sounds coming in here and there.

There's good stuff either way, and by lambasting post 40s you're shitting on two of the very artists you're presumably trying to champion, Duke Ellington and Charlie Parker. Most fusion outside In A Silent Way is pretty bad jazz though in terms of what one likes about jazz. Great variations on minimalist pop and funk though.

There are few albums that REALLY need to be listened all the way through though. Double Nickles isn't one of them. Double Nickles is purposely built in a way with it's relatively long album length yet with short tracks to where it's a variable experience for all in how they want to experience it.

Your kinda serious point isn't just about ADHD, but about how we consume music in general. It's also the more legit point that the "fuck rockists" threads are trying to bring up outside their troll value on a forum like this.