Zeal And Ardor - Devil Is Fine

Isn't it quite laughable that aoty started as a mere Sup Forumsmeme?

>noisey.vice.com/en_us/article/zeal-and-ardor-interview
>"You know Sup Forums, that weird website? I have another project called Birdmask and I post anonymously [on the music board] to get feedback because they’re brutally honest and don’t give a shit about you. I used to make these threads where I would ask people for musical genres; one would post “swing”, and the other would post “hardcore gabber techno” and I’d fuse the two and make a song of it in 30 minutes. One day, someone said “nigger music” and another said “black metal.” I didn’t make the song then, but it stuck with me, and I thought it was an interesting idea."

Other urls found in this thread:

zealandardor.bandcamp.com/track/devil-is-fine
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oh my

From electing presidents to being responsible for aoty. Is there anything Sup Forums can't do?

Kino?

I remember those genre fusion threads, they were cool.

Link to that album?

Not on youtube, nor on bandcamp. Not the full album, at least.

That spot certainly was.

But that album is complete trash

It's not, it's one of the best this year, if not the best.

>7 replies 6 posters

Totally not suspicious at all.

Since I'm the OP and replied to people in this thread, what's so strange about that?

>projecting

>Did that bum you out at all?
"No, that’s just Sup Forums."

What a lad.

Totally.

That doesn't even make any sense
>replied to people
I don't know if I'd be so generous as to call yourself a person but ok.

zealandardor.bandcamp.com/track/devil-is-fine

my metal aoty is probably ash borer but its pretty decent. if it were a little shorter i'd like it more

So one posted posted twice?

Do you guys know anything about metal ? Especially black metal ?

Seems like you don't, because this album sucks.

I wasn't samefagging, you fucking idiot. I responded to someone else, are you unable to comprehend simple sentences or are you just mentally challenged?

It's a good album, just because it isn't run of the mill atmoshit, doesn't mean it's not bad. It's a good mixture of black metal with black spiritual music.

It's not, go back listening to Deafheaven and let the real trve metalheads do metal.

>trve
How's high school going for you? Do you even step out of your comfort zone from time to time or do you listen to whatever /metal/ deems worthy?

it has some of the most uninspired and bland guitar work I've heard from black metal

Nah.

Yep.

You'd like that, wouldn't you, faggot?

well its kinda objectively the case
it's not that atrocious neither, it's a catchy blend of pop music, black metal and negro chanting. but aside from the catchiness of some of the tracks it's really weak, especially the black metal parts.

i don't see how anyone who's listened to more than 10 black metal records could disagree with this

I agree.

Poseur.

I agree with this. To me, it's completely incoherent. sounds like a joke mashup (which it kinda is) or one of those reddit-tier youtube videos where people put on corpsepaint and cover Rihanna or w/e

buuuuuuuuuut you're arguing with people who's entire exposure to metal is Sunbather

I actually liked this a lot and the other track in there too, recomend me more stuff like this.

If someone could post a "negro spiritual" chart or whatever is actually called i'd appreciate it a lot.

Based negro.