Just bought this house in North UK

Just bought this house in North UK

Any thoughts or advise on new builds.

Guess the value also ?

ugly ass full brick

Let me move in with you faggot. We'll go out to the pubs every night and I'll pick us up some birds and we'll do a bit of the ol' in and out guvna

how does the house help ?

house in UK are made out of brick you amerifag and fuck your wooden houses

340K ?

if its the north it'll be cheaper, i'd say £250k?
how old are you and how the fuck can you afford a house

im 30 ! i have a job and me and GF have saved 42K deposit with 10 K help from parents

You've literally just told people on Sup Forums where you live.
Rip op

well its not built for 6 months so think im safe

Here's a question: Why don't people in the UK paint their houses / put facades on them?

Yeh I've found the plot within 30 secs

50p

brick looks nice
i live in the US and i hate how almost none of the houses are sturdy
there all plywood and drywall
lucky if it last 50 years

See you in 6 months

stylistic choice i guess

You posted this yesterday faggot.

Holy shit that's one ugly, generic house. No doubt on some kind of identikit estate too!

OK and ?

is buying a house a good idea?
i don't like the idea of being tied to a mortgage, but i also fucking hate landlords

brick and mortar needs to breathe, painting will degrade it over time, even with supposedly breathable paints like sandtex

yea but they are one hell of a lot of money cheaper!

Well I'm not "tied" to my mortgage as mine is worth £200,000 more than I paid for it 4 years ago...

They stop looking nice when there's nothing but the same red brick houses for miles around. Also, paint and stuff can help protect said bricks as they do in rest of Europe.

North.
Yep, that tells me exactly what I need to know. Because Manchester and Sunderland are exacting the same when it comes to house prices

once you buy a house, you're pretty much stuck in the same place forever, thats what i'm worried about, but renting is a proper arseache

You should see the suburbs of Birmingham. You could swear you were in the same place over and over again as you drive through them.

Not really. My landlords move houses all the time. They rarely stay anywhere for more than five years or so.

impressive !!! ... now proof

Err what??? If I sell my house tomorrow and pay off the entire mortgage I will still have £200,000 cash in the bank. Tell me again how I am stuck here?

painting a brick house means you will have to keep repainting every couple of years until you die or the house will look like shit

You do realize you can sell the house later on, usually for a decent profit, and then move somewhere else right?

£180k?

because then your house can't increase in value any more?

i don't know man, i'm probably never gonna own a house anyway

i assumed there was some reason people tend to stick to the same house once they buy one

Bought in Hackney, London 4 years ago. As the government's current deal on stamp duty was up for renewal the seller had to mark it under £250,000 or 1st time buyers like me would have been interested. So it was already worth about £25,000 more than I initially paid for it. In the last 4 years Hackney has been one of the highest rising areas in London.

244k?

holy shit £250k for a house in london, you must be sitting on a goldmine, aren't houses in london meant to go for like, millions?

214K is what we paid for this ! Lets hope it does go up its in a very nice area

i'll own a house in braintree eventually. my dad will have to die first unfortunately

My mum bought her detached council house in Bradford, on a rough estate for £70,000, and sold it for £91,000 about a year later because she split with her partner.

The house was a stone's throw from beautiful countryside, woodland. Its where Emmerdale used to be filmed and is based on.

Down on the south coast where I now live, average house price is 300-600k for a standard property. Everything is houses are, 500-600pcm for a double room.

>mfw buying or owning a home in the UK
>brexit
>haven't even left the EU yet
>property values will plummet (and have already in London)
>buy now - in 6 months you lose half of the value on your home

great time to buy. keep it up chaps.

london is a big place, much of it shitty

Your house a absolutely can increase or decrease in value based on the market. If it was an ok neighborhood 5 years ago and turns into a shit hole with niggers and crime it will go down. If you buy something that was maybe on the outskirts of town and the town builds up around you it's now worth more. Same thing with market availability. If there are fewer houses for sale around you then you can ask a higher price for it. If there are 10 houses just like it on the same street for sale you're gonna be hard pressed to justify why yours is 40k more then the others.

Incredibly original architecture.

Yes then wont sell house instamtly will keep it 10 years untill it does !

Faggot

I own estates in St. Albans. Are you familiar with St. Albans?

Goldmine is pushing it a bit but yeah, it was a very good investment! Plan on remortgaging soon and buying a second house to rent out...

Black Country fag here that owns a typical 1930's semi lol

Also most of the time people buy a house and stay there is because they are building equity. They are paying it off faster then it depreciates and there fore it adds to there "wealth" especially if you manage to pay it off. Granted all of this I'm saying is from an amerifag point of view and I admittedly no little about uk housing markets but I assume it's about the same.

only an utter imbecile would buy a home in the UK right now.

you'll have to wait about 20 years to break even.

incredible... the ignorance (to vote for brexit in the first place), and then to double-down on the stupidity by investing in a home right now.

a smart buyer would wait until the UK left the EU. watch the economy crumble - then buy, when housing is at its lowest point.

There is no proof that will happen

You know nothing... House prices in London have slowed in the last 6 months (irrespective of Brexit) but thanks to Russian/Chinese/Arab money London prices won't be decreasing never mind "plummeting" any time soon!

i'm pretty sure we won't actually leave, nobody in government wants us to leave, i think their plan is to just pretend they're doing something about it indefinitely, every subsequent government will want to leave the terrible, terrible idea to the next one, and we'll still be "in the process" of leaving 100 years from now

I'm renting a room in a semi built in 1899.

agreed. most intelligent people in the UK know that leaving the EU would lead to an immediate recession - or a depression.

i'm sitting in my room playing with my semi

I'm driving my semi playing with my semi

£204,995

>house NOT made out of bricks
Where do you live you faggot?

Its not wise to post a pic of your house on Sup Forums m8. Meh. At least it wasn't your address.

Welton Low Road, Elloughton, Brough, HU15

Bellway have more than one development with shipley houses so your wrong , but yes the pic os off the hull website

brillaint ! you can narrow him down to a entire street ! good work ! and good luck finding him to do nothing

Looks pretty nice fam. Where abouts in the north? Guessing relatively cheap, perhaps 300-400k?