So im thinking of going off the grid i have 56 grand from my dad dieing...

So im thinking of going off the grid i have 56 grand from my dad dieing. I want to buy some land and make a complete self sustaining habitat. Ive seen specs for a 14x14 house ready to expand under 3k in material costs including solar panels. I found a suitable plot of land with springs running under so i can build a well ( will cost about 7 grand) its small only 2 acres but im thinking itll be enough room to grow a dencent garden. What does b think?

you will need livestock. chickens..... a rooster and 10 hens can go for less than 100 bucks and u can bred them thereafter. some breeds are good for eggs and meat. longhorns or rhode island reds.

i built a coop from scrap wood for free basically. chickens are very cheap. eat bugs and grubs. you will spend about 500 on feed a year but will get eggs and meat.

WHERE CAN I GET LAND. ive been looking but can only find expensive as fuck land. i wanna get some for less than 10,000

nigga how you gonna get bitches?

VA/TN

cheap land

Heads up: Solar panels don't last forever, and neither do their batteries. Every 10 years you need to invest another 15 grand into them.

Also, if you own land, that means you'll have to pay taxes on it.

Geologist here:

Get the well tested regularly, and don't have the livestock or your toilet up hydraulic gradient from said well.

If there is alot of karst in your area (caves) then good fucking luck knowing where the water comes from.

>implying u need electricity

if anything he could just get a generator.

Which would be fueled by?

bet u have a *rock* hard dong.

gas. op could stock up with 50 gal drums. wouldnt even need to use it everyday tbh

south side of chicago

Bitches ain't shit over land fo'.

I have rock hard crippling unemployment and depression with this useless MS I earned 1 month after oil plummeted to a 100+ year low.

Livestock is just a terrible idea. Most of the land is wasted on growing food for them which they waste. Just get a small farm with vegetables and grains

>specs for a 14x14 house ready to expand under 3k in material costs including solar panels
Are we talking 14 inches here, because you aren't building a habitable building with solar panels for $3000.

who the fuck wants to live off vegetables and grains?

Gasoline stagnates if it's not moved, which will result in long, tiring days getting the generator working. And the longevity of gas would be lower than the solar power option, and more volatile, albeit cheaper.

Food forest garden. A seven layer system almost self sustaining. This systems your best bet op. Low maintenance high yield.

Who the fuck wants to live off the grid? The point is that livestocks are really terrible to maintain, especially on a small patch of land.

chickens are very basic. you do not need to grow food for them

Go fishing/hunting.

Even though this is an obvious troll post, he's totally setting himself up to shit where he drinks with animals lol.

Not to mention how useful they are as pest control.

Potatoes. Grow as much potatoes as you can handle. They're calorie dense and stay at room temperature all winter as long as you keep them dry

who the fuck would pay even close to 100 bucks for a rooster and ten hens what the fuck

Steam from burning logs, dumbass.

>T-Ted Kazinski is my hero

There a lot of steam electricity generators on craigslist?

depends on the breeds

no it doesn't you double nigger
if you've paid more than 3 bucks a bird you've been ripped off

literally just have a potato farm on your land. you get all you need from potatoes. NASA proved it, matt damon tested it on the Martian. a full year on nothing but potato. All hail potato! potato! potato!

fuck off, hick.

Interestingly, there's a very strong likelihood that you wouldn't be able to grow potatoes on mars. Martian soil is RIFE with perchlorates, which would make growing ANYTHING borderline impossible. You'd have to cleanse the soil first.

potato is my live.jpg

He used human waste from the ship

they already grew food using simulated martian soil though.

That's almost as bad as using perchlorated soil.

When was the experiment? Because Curiosity only determined the presence of perchlorates a little over a year ago.

idk when it was done. google it

Git some nitrates/nitrites up in dat soil w/coliforms and git poisoned gud w/animalz

Maybe don't pretend to know shit about livestock to impress anonymous strangers on a vietnamese cave painting discussion forum in the future, friend :^)

Yeah, youll still need some money. Id suggest becoming some sort of artisan or selling eggs and chickens when u get going. Good luck user. Sorry about your dad.

Mississippi