Tell me about Berbers

Tell me about Berbers

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EfUbNnCDMp4
youtube.com/watch?v=dGO5_qNnz1M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They are the original Ancient Egyptians

There are lots of berbers here in the Netherlands. They're fucking scum. The women are beautiful though.

testing

>the women are beautiful though

"no"

most of Maghrebis are genetically still Berbers.
But it had been a big trend for them to try to believe in Allah, speak Arabic and call themselves Arabs since 7th century.

My berber does a good job. It's like $12 for a cut and that includes beard trim. Always has time for walkins. Mostly just talks about hockey and Las Vegas

the word "Berber" literally means barbarian. the two words have a shared etymology.

They're white, due to vandals/suebians and the ibernans.

ⴰⵙⵎⴻⴽⵜⵉ ⵜⴰⵙⵙⵜ ⵓⵀⵓ ⴰⴼⵍⴻⵙⴷ ⴰⵜⴻⵏⵙⵉ ""ⵜⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⴳⵜ"

muh heritage

Why some Spanish get butthurt when I say they're Amazigh as meme?
is it because I'm Algerian?

>is it because I'm Algerian?
Algerians are not berbers, you're way too mixed with arabs and niggers now. We Iberians preserved the glory of the berber race.

Keccw lemir utlay tamazight akken yebghu yili

>most of Maghrebis are genetically still Berbers.
In your dreams

>we've expelled all Arabs
>speaks arabic
>looks arabic
>muslim
>part of the arab league

Post berbers from your country
>spanish berbers
>not the best

I worked quite a bit with Tuaregs while deployed in Mali, a translator in particular. I'm glad the MLNA and the Islamists quickly turned against each other, I've grown to really like these people, and I wouldn't have wanted to fight them too much. He introduced me to desert blues, it's pretty good.

Some of their women are qt as fuck. Though I'm 100% convinced that if I had done anything with one of them, the entire tribe would have pursued me all the way back to France in Toyota trucks and on camelback.

They still treat they blacks as slaves or are too mixed for that?

>just found out that all barbers in the world came originally from morroco and look so different because they mixed with the local population of whom they cut the hairs of

t. Alberto Barbosa

Mecagüenlaleche merche

>They still treat they blacks as slaves

They are somewhat mixed, but yeah, pretty much. They have a strict caste based society, and the Bella/Ikelan (the African "former" slaves) are the very bottom of it. We tried to fight slavery when we got there in the 19th century, but clearly it didn't change much.

Bump for curiosity.

is Zidane what pure berbers look like or is he light skinned even for them?

I seen whiter kabyles/berbers than ZIdane, but what I imagine a pure berber (if that thing exist) ZIdane fits.

Ok, any cool bits about folklore, traditions or whatever? Mali was one time the most powerful west african nation, what is the legacy of it?

>our Mediterranean Berber, Levantine and Turkish brothers haven't fought back Islam and the Eternal Arab yet

youtube.com/watch?v=EfUbNnCDMp4

IS pretty sad, we could have a med commonwealth. But only imagining all the arab/muslim shenaningans than our southern "brothers" would make...

>med commonwealth

It would never work, each med region has different and conflicting interests

berbers a cute

West med commonwealth then?

>Ok, any cool bits about folklore, traditions or whatever?

As I've said, their society has a very strict caste system, with nobles/warriors at the top, then clerics/judges, then artisans, then descendants freed slaves, then what used to be the slave caste. Their women have a lot of influence, though it's really not a matriarchal society like I've seen some western feminists saying.

They make great little jewelry (mostly in silver, IIRC) and leather crafts. The tagelmust, the long cloth men wear around their head, is comfy as fuck, and by the end of our deployment most of us wore one. Though even that is very codified, and we probably wore it completely wrong. I don't remember anything great food wise, but tea is taken very, very seriously. A lot of are more sedentary nowadays, caravan trading is of course not that profitable anymore, but they still usually go from oasis to oasis with their cattle. They have camel races, weddings that last IIRC a week, and cool straight swords (but I can't remember how they are called). Music wise, their traditional music is pretty good, but they also have combined traditional instruments with blues, creating desert blues/tuareg blues/assouf. I really like it.

I'll try to see if I can remember anything more. Mostly, what made me like them is how proud and independent they are.

>Mali was one time the most powerful west african nation, what is the legacy of it?

Honestly? Not much. Cool ruins of mosque and tombs in mud in Timbuktu, but a lot was damaged, if not outright destroyed by islamists.

There's a French-Mauretanian film about life under the islamists, it's pretty good: youtube.com/watch?v=dGO5_qNnz1M

NEVER

>cool straight swords
Takouba. The Sudanese have a similar one calle Kaskara.
>Destroyed be Islamist.
I hate abrahmic religions so much.
Thanks for the dump and videos bro, I really like that shit.

>destroyed by islamists

THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING WITH IT

Alcoholic greedy degenerates

t. One

Apart of beer, what alchols you guys have?

As in local brands ?

They wear cool hats.

Traditional and that stuff. Like aguardiente/orujo/vodka/Whiskey equivalent, or ciders.

Like Arabs, but from North Africa.

Germanic Vandals mixed with every manner of indigenous shitskin.

Some minorly interesting European DNA because of it, but 100% shitskin make no mistake.

Nope, apart from beer no major local alcohol tradition
All imported shit
Berbers have no g*rman*c blood in them

Pure east africans

We have bukha in Tunisia, a spirit made from figs, also a lot of wines and some beers

cucked by Arabs

"he who sleeps with the dogs receives his flees"
-Dutch proverb

Are there still pure ones left or all they all mixed?

All mixed

Some pure communities left in isolated spots of morocco

Looks like a mexican

All berbers hate each other as much as they hate arabs. In morocco you have three kinds of berbers each of which are hated by the "arabs" near the coast and hate each other. There is no sense of any unity since the languages, although connected, are all very different. The guy in OP's pic looks like a souss berber but it's really easy to see the difference between the souss and the atlas or rif berbers.
Berbers who actually do speak the ~3000 year old language usually live in isolated places like the kabyle or the riffians. I remember this old saying about the rif; Eventhough it is a barren land for the most part, every riffian would rather die than leave the lands of their ancestors.

they look just like you pedro