So now that's confirmed Luke tapped into the dark side, what does Sup Forums think will happen...

So now that's confirmed Luke tapped into the dark side, what does Sup Forums think will happen? Will Rian do justice to the new Star Wars movies?

Wut? Is there some new info floating around, or are we talking the OT?

Leaks say that Luke wants Rey to kill off Kylo.

sauce ?

>confirmed

Huh, if true then, yeah. A certain amount of irony that (again, if true) he trains Rey to be a weapon to use against Kylo, the same way he was trained to be a weapon against Vader.

"Then the Emperor has already won."

Hopefully, Rey will show compassion in the same way Luke did.

What the fuck? That doesn't make any sense at all.

The MSW guys leaked it.

I'm actually a bit worried Luke won't be alive by the end of IX. But I can see Leia die in VIII.

It kind of does, at least for pottery reasons, as it's exactly what Ben and Yoda intended with Luke and Vader. The Force, and Luke being a much better Jedi, had other ideas.

Fact is, Luke shouldn't have come out of all this unscathed. I'm sure if he is a little dark, he will find his way back, and it likely won't be Sith-dark. More Mace Windu and Palpatine mindset.

>leaks = confirmed

No, Leia will become supreme chancellor or something like it. Luke might die, maybe not.

>yfw Luke kills Kylo
>yfw Luke finds Rey too weak to carry on the Jedi way
>yfw Luke tries to kill Rey
>yfw Rey beats and accidentally ends up killing Luke

They have to sideline him or kill him. Hell, we've already had it stated outright that the reason he was in ten seconds of TFA was because he stole the show, immediately, whenever he had a larger role. And my own mom, when the DVD arrived, was asking when Luke was going to turn up every time there was a scene it might have fit. He's the hero a lot of us grew up with, and the only Jedi that isn't a new character left.

The idea is for a new generation to rise up. They won't let it end up like the old post-New Jedi Order EU.

The bad guys will win in the end.

It's the only interesting twist that Star Wars could do at this point

>Rian Johnson makes Luke go full Walter White like he did in Ozymandias

Yeah that wouldn't completely ruin the OT in every single way.

Stupid, he should breed her but with the help of the force just like Sheev did to make Anakin. You can't let those mary sue powers go to waste.

>implying she isn't the daughter of the force

The force will impregnate her at the end.

SO FCCN SMUG

HOW DOES SHE DO IT ?

Kylo Ren redemption when?

>If you kill your enemies they win

The last 5 minutes in Ep. IX before the credits roll in.

Hopefully never

Murder isn't very Jedi like.

I'm no Jedi, just a guy with a lightsaber and a ruby bliels

kyle pls go

>Luke going dark

Literally the shittiest idea ever, it basically undoes his entire arc in the original trilogy for the sake of "muh edge".

If it's true then there's a certain amount of retardation by having the guy who insisted he can't kill his evil father not only want to kill his own nephew, but also force someone else to do it.

>implying this doesn't make his downfall all the more tragic

I'd much rather have a villain who knew better and chose to dash all he thought was right then a villain that just decided to be evil for the lulz.

>implying he won't creep on Rey

STAR WARS

Episode VIII
THE FIRST ORDER STRIKES BACK
It is a dark time for the Republic.
Although the Starkiller
Base has been destroyed,
First Order troops have driven
the Republic forces from their
systems and conquered entire
sectors.

Evading the dreaded First Order
Starfleet, a group of freedom
fighters led by Poe Dameron
and Finn has established a
new secret base on the remote
swamp world of Krakoa.

The evil lord Kylo Ren,
obsessed with finding Rey
and Luke Skywalker, has
sent dozens of his apprentices
into the far reaches of space....

True but you gotta take into account that it's been 30 years. Luke has probably experience some shit and it doesn't help his only nephew is a space school shooter.

>force someone else to do it

He's pretty damn strong in the force.

But Kylo hasn't even finished his training.

A good question... for another time.

>pottery

Sounds like some wild fan theory from people who want Hamill to play another villain character.

>that pic

In a way this makes sense. He trains her to defeat Kylo Ren and promotes her to confront him.

Her *not* killing him is the trick though. He just doesn't tell her that of course.

It's like Obi-Wan poetry.

>paper bills
TRIGGERED

yoda and obi wan wanted him to kill vader tho
pottery

So this means Rey will redeem Kylo.

I sure fucking hope not, I would explode in anger if the rest of the new trilogy is just the original trilogy done over again, with Luke's character deliberately sabotaged so that he can be the morally grey mentor character to Rey's RIGHTEOUS GOOD GUY

Fuck off you mygnonist pig, it's not Rey's job to redeem Luke's deadbeat nephew

If he trains her to kill him, then I suspect that is his plan. It'd also serve as a test, to see if she can resist the dark side.

What if accidentally Rey redeems Kylo by falling to the dark side, thus showing him what might happen if he continues down the dark path?

>Luke tapped into the dark side,
the only thing he tapped is Leia, giving birth to Rey who has double midi-chlorine and cause him to exile himself in shame

Exactly.

Ren is Rey's "Vader", maybe the idea is to force the confrontation they can redeem him or something.

In the leak it mentions Rey getting mad at Luke for telling her that.

This "leak" is fucking retarded, Luke, of all people, wants Rey to kill Kylo. The guy who redeemed darth Vader. Even if Kylo is irredeemable, this shit its not her job
And why is Rey so against to kill Kylo? he killed han in front of her and almost killed Finn, and she was going to kill him in TFA if that chasm wasn't opened.
Kylo never wanted Rey dead in TFA, he wanted to go against Luke, but now he completely forgot about his uncle and is going after Rey?

>Killing someone means you joined the dark side

It's pretty obvious throughout the whole franchise that it's tapping into your hatred that brings you to the dark side.

This. People are acting whatever comes out of MSW is the word of God. Yes, they leaked the TFA script but it's a bit too early to believe in this leak without any other info.

For all we know maybe Rey is tripping on a dream or vision.

Yeah, i believe there is a fight, but none of the characters' motivations makes sense

He shouldn't be a villain at all, dumbfuck.

i can't handle how smug she is

is this an optical illusion??

it's her superpower

>implying Rey won't creep on him

Women molest Luke, not the other way around.

With the right reasons and a good writer, any character can gracefully and effectively reverse his narrative role.
You can argue that Disney has neither, but you can't just say it's impossible to effectively make a villain out of Luke, or of any character.

What's that last one?

other than every jedi who's ever lived who killed shit loads of enemy combatants

It's been 30 years, user. Luke is a changed man.

>30 years of staying a virgin
>implying that doesn't mean he's the purest person in SW

A deleted scene.

From before or after Luke found out she was his sister?

Leia has no excuse, since she'd "always known", but still.

Monk, celibate Luke is a terrible idea. I understand that EU went to far, but that's not the future Luke deserves. That he has been living alone for a decade it's bad enough.

What the fuck is the joke here in this comic?

Why does Rey like cactuses so much?

Then it turns out VIII opens with Rey eating dinner with Luke, his wife, her three kids, and Jeffrey.

Obi Wan and Yoda wanted Luke to kill Vader. Completely hiding the fact that he's Vaders son.

Monk Luke is best Luke, especially considering he was pretty asexual in ROTJ. The whole shit with Mara Jade was fucking awful.

>Never...I'll never turn to the dark side
>undoing that GOAT moment and arc because "hurrr we need something shocking and gimmicky for our 12 year old audience xDD"

>considering he was pretty asexual in ROTJ

Luke isn't asexual, he just wasn't attracted or looking for a relationship at that time.

Monk Luke is bad because it's just mirroring OW/Yoda for cheap parallel.

She likes green stuff, green plants.

As long as he's not Rey's father.

I thought it was because cactus are desert plants.

Get ready for it because it's coming, doubles.

>Luke isn't asexual, he just wasn't attracted or looking for a relationship at that time.
This. He was just busy with serious shit, he didn't have time for relationships.

>Luke went to the dark side
>Snoke was Luke's master who turned out to be one of the last few Sith

I think what we're witnessing here if Luke did go darkside and the Sith still have Rule of Two, Luke and Snoke are master and apprentice, they are basically playing the entire galaxy against one another to see who can kill the other, Rey is going to become Luke's new apprentice while Kylo becomes Snokes, effectively being used as proxies between the two. Basically this entire trilogy is a civil war of sorts between the Sith. Luke and Snoke both have different ideas of how they should now be run.

>what does Sup Forums think will happen?
Each remaining movie will end with a Death Star being blown up

>Get ready for it because it's coming, doubles.
CAN'T DISNEY THINK OF SOMETHING ORIGINAL FOR ONCE?!

Then she'll love Luke's lightsaber if you know what I mean.

Nothing is original, and SW certainly never was. Disney will just milk its formula, since it proved to work.

Yes, your example is a bad thing. A good writer would only do it if he found a legitimate and true-to-character way. A way that gave the character a new arc that would only flesh him out more. No hero is infallable, user.

There is no new way. There is no way to make that happen without it being incredibly fanfic-inat.

He's always been busy with shit though, dingus.

And piss off the fanboys? I don't think they'll ever take that risk.

Busy we all are, some more than others, the difference is timing. Luke didn't just suddenly turned asexual, he was just focused in other things then. Nothing implied he gave up on romance/sex.

>She likes green stuff

Since when?

Wouldn't mind something like that. You can do that without Luke going to the dark side though, just skip the rule of two bullshit.

>Nothing implied he gave up on romance/sex

Complete disinterest in golden bikini Leia before he found out they were related, for one thing.

>fanfic-inat

Fucking autocorrect.

I think they are going by that TFA's scene in which she was awed by Maz's planet, because it was green due to all the plants.

This is a lame argument, by then Lucas had to make Leia - the only young woman in the movie - his sister and, of course, wouldn't have Luke have a hard on for her.

I would actually be okay with that. Rey and Kylo team up, Kylo is redeemed, Luke is redeemed, Snoke is defeated. Rey vs. Luke and Kylo vs. Snoke finale fight, with Kylo putting himself in harm's way to save Rey, Rey almost gets beaten by Snoke, Luke saves her but gets gravely wounded (maybe mortally so) and is redeemed. I wouldn't hate that.

That narrow-mindedness is only counterproductive. Finding a logical and effective way to shape or reshape a character is a foundation of character development. A character as simple as Luke would be fairly easy, especially considering the abundance of shaky darkside-leaning traits his character has already had.

Not saying they'll pull it off. Just saying it's far from impossible. Hell, a particularly good writer would actually use such a twist to bolster and reinforce his original arc, rather than ruin it.

>especially considering the abundance of shaky darkside-leaning traits his character has already had.

That ended with him resolutely rejecting the dark side, going back on that is shit writing and completely pointless. His arc is done, he's there to aid Rey now. You want your edgy dark Luke fanfic, go read the EU.

He was rescuing his friends from Jabba. Kind of an inappropriate time to get a boner about a gold bikini.

Way to only pick out one sentence and sperg out. You clearly just want to argue rather than discuss.
Go fuck yourself.

>Rey saving Luke
>Rey being the greater hero and saving literally everyone
>pissing all over Luke's arc and story, rendering it pointless
>retreading the Luke/Anakin parallels all over again

Kill yourself.

>And why is Rey so against to kill Kylo?
This is why the leak still has some weight to it. Back in February or March a reylo shipper that lives in Dubrovnik saw and heard Rian said something about Rey's feeling confused towards that person. 2 weeks ago the msw guys mentioned something Rey's feelings changing.

The only thing that feels a bit off is Kylo wanting to kill her but in TFA he never wanted that.