Sup Forums I need some help. I asked Sup Forums but it's a little too slow

Sup Forums I need some help. I asked Sup Forums but it's a little too slow.

What can the mods see from my post? The IP number? The ports? What else? Let's say FBI asks mods to give all data on the poster. What would they give?

Before you ask, I'm actually the one trying to track down someone.

Other urls found in this thread:

csrc.nist.gov/publications/fips/fips197/fips-197.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transmission_Control_Protocol#TCP_segment_structure
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_HTTP_header_fields
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Omegle?

fucking pedo

No. Like I said, I'm the one trying to doxx someone. A criminal, but the court is too moronic when it comes to finding stuff from internet so I need to do it manually.

Faggot you have prob been watching cp like a Fucking degenerate and scared your going to jail, kill yourself it will be better for everyone

The mods can turn up a list of all archived posts made from your IP address (potentially thousands over several years), as well as your GPS location from the IP address itself, though that can sometimes be off by a couple miles.

No you moron. I haven't been. I just want to know what can the mods know from my post. I already know how to protect myself you idiot.

Sup Forums doesn't archive posts. At least not on Sup Forums. Once it 404s it's gone.

The GPS location? How?

Does the IP adress also involve the port that was used? Or is it just a specific port that's used for getting all the posts here?

The FBI has full access to the NSA's dragnet signals ingest meaning they don't need to ask anyone and they have your IP, the IP of all your proxies, your name, address, date of birth, everything you've ever communicated over the internet ever including all encrypted communications period, pics of your mother's vagina, EVERYTHING.

Conduct yourself accordingly, OP.

ipleak.net

That site shows everything another website could potentially see about it's users. I think it's best to assume that Sup Forums logs all that information too

I don't care about those user. I just used the FBI hypothetically, because the whole thing is actually about the court pulling all the information they can from a defamatory post. It's not even a Sup Forums post, it's just about how much info can I pull from whoever is running the site.

your trying to find info on a poster from another site? why not ask the moderator of that site?

/thread

sage goes in all fields

The website provides FBI with the IP of the poster at a precise time.

FBI the procedes to ask the provider (assigne at that particular IP/time) for the address/proprietary of the connection using that Ip at that time.

IP in itself is USELESS. In most of the cases provate internet connectionshave dynamic IP, so my IP or yesterday today is assigned to another user.

The port? Are you serious? I can tell you right away. It's 80.

The faggot claims he has zero information and ain't giving up anything unless he gets a court order.

>a defamatory post

Enjoy getting sued, the worst that will happen is that you'll owe someone money but you have no money so anyone trying to sue you for defamation will get nothing.

Defamation isn't a crime and in tort law damages have to be proven for something like defamation to carry any weight.

You're good OP, move on with your life.

Thanks user. Well the posts were posted from a mobile internet and apparently there's been hundreds of users using the IP at the time.

Is port 80 used only for the posts? Or connection in general?

Nah, user I'm suing someone and need information on him. It's all fine with the law itself but it's the technicalities that the court has issues with.

Who are you trying to doxx?

>defamatory post
so someone is spreading rumours and youd like to track down who ,is that what your saying?

I don't know. That's the problem.

Yeah. It's a crime where I live.

>Nah, user I'm suing someone and need information on him. It's all fine with the law itself but it's the technicalities that the court has issues with.

Between proving damages and finding an anonymous use on a wireless network ... you should probably forget it, you're wasting your time.

What'd he do anyway?

You can trace it to the ISP and that is it. If you are interested in going beyond that you must subpoena them with a court order otherwise they will not give you shit.

All of this is assuming that they are not masking their identity with a public access point or a virtual private network. If they are then the chances of you catching them (or anyone else catching them) is almost 0. Familiarize yourself with asymmetric encryption.

For example if you ping Sup Forums.org you get the ip address from the response. Then use a geo-locator. This shows information pertaining to it. If you do this to a person you will get the credentials of the ISP not the person.

csrc.nist.gov/publications/fips/fips197/fips-197.pdf

> including all encrypted communications period

what tinfoils actually believe...

Math doesn't cease to work because you cannot comprehend it.

It is some stupid kid that watched too many episodes of CSI and has no understanding of how networking, and network security actually function. He figures he is going to Neo someone that deserves some sort of comeuppance.

Spreading rumours is a crime? Must no be US or Trump uld be in jail lol

I know all that user. I even have the ISPs. I'm actually assisting the court in finding information on the guy who commited the crime (yes, that's a crime where I live). The problem is I don't exactly know what to request from the ISPs. The court is completely blind but willing to subpoena all the info I'll request.

Look Mr. Sup Forums Hacker Wannabe, no one cares. The FBI doesn't give a fuck nor do the majority of the people working there even know what Sup Forums is.

There's no honeypot conspiracy like most of the life long losers here would have you believe. Literally no one cares. Even if your IP is revealed to the Admin of this site (which it most likely is), the only thing they can do is contact your ISP and then the ISP has to manually find you, which they probably won't give a shit of enough to do.

This isn't Facebook where fucking idiots post their phone/address directly in their profiles.

No one here cares what you're doing. Or you can live your life in a tinfoil hat and believe the shit people post here. People here think the FBI/CIA monitors this site to make them feel like outlaws. It gives their pathetic lives meaning.

>what tinfoils actually believe...
>Math doesn't cease to work because you cannot comprehend it.

You dumbshit. Just because it's encrypted doesn't mean they won't retain a copy of it until said encryption is broken. Also, between the backdoors they have in your hardware and software they don't even need to. They had your keys before you even used them.

Incidentally all the ciphers you're using are products of the NSA, sooo ... who doesn't comprehend math now?

What kind of shit is he saying. Also what kind of court will supeona anything a person asks?

>This thread
>Cringe
Lots of cyber security experts on Sup Forums.

First off, the FBI is a fucking joke. I've had them at my house 3 times this year. Each time them knowing less than before.
They just sit around with a thumb up their ass waiting for you to fuck up, so they can get a subpoena from your ISP and figure out where you live and daisy-chain a bunch of "legal action" on you

P.s you won't be able to track shit even if you were a mod IP addresses are useless unless you're Ddos'ing, or can get a subpoena.

Like I said, user. The entire case is legit and the only problem at this point is finding the culprits. We already have it proven that there has been a crime commited (however stupid it sounds) and I just need to get the guys that did it. The goddamn moron ISPs as well as the site it was posted on refuse to give up any information unless it's a very specific thing that court requests. So I need to know what to request.

Law enforcement when it comes to cyber crime in general is a joke. They have no idea how to handle it or even how to pursue it. Most people are caught because of snitches or basic stupidity such as bragging about the crime on social media.

Sup Forums's Sup Forums servers were taken over by the FBI years ago, back when there was so much CP being posted here. The so called "Mods" are a team of FBI agents whose sole job is to scan thru all the posts made on Sup Forums. All IPs are recorded as well as the posts, threads, and images until those FBI mods deem them un-illegal and delete them themselves.

Yes, this is exactly the problem I'm facing here.

You idiots, if Sup Forums actually archived every post any user has ever done, they would have INSANE storage issues. Even fucking archive.moe, which is 500 TB IN SIZE, didnt archive Sup Forums.

hey i got trips

what did said poster say or do that was defamation?

It is going to vary by region. What they do and do not record is going to vary dramatically. At most you would probably just get a log of traffic. ANything more would be a breach of reasonable expectation of privacy. Like the other anaons have said you need to be much more specific for us to understand and give you good advice.

Half of this is true, the other half is false.

I'm sorry are you new to open source software? How about the Advanced Encryption Standard 192/256 that has been used since the 90s and no one on the marble has come close to cracking it (protip that is why the United States government uses it to encrypt secret and top secret documents).

I could give a fuck if they save the gibberish, I will be long dead before a machine exists that can break it.

backdoors = proprietary, that's why you don't use proprietary shit faggot.

Yes because the NSA somehow controls the National Institute of Standards and technology.

You are one of those faggots that reads a yahoo article and thinks he is special. I been in school for this shit for years.

>obligatory 'hey user if it is so easy to break show me an example of it happening ever"
One search later
>crickets

nut up or shut up you misinformed twat

This is actually feasible.

TL;DR

>unless they have a quantum computer, they are not cracking AES 256 it is mathematically impossible.

>Spreading rumours is a crime?

It's not a crime, OP doesn't know what he's talking about. He thinks tort lawsuits are settled in superior court because he doesn't even know what tort is ...

If this was a crime it would be handled by the a prosecutor. The most OP can hope for is to send a harshly-worded cease & desist letter and hope his attacker apologizes which will never happen, ever.

STOP HELPING OP!

Literally nothing good will happen to Sup Forums because of it. And it sounds all bullshit 'because I can be an asshole and the law lets me' thing.

Some false claims about rape or some shit. Doesn't matter.

user, I'm not american. Here where I live it is a crime. Stop questioning that side of this case. I just need the culprits.

So basically OP is hoping to sound like a prosecuter to strongman someone into giving up information they dont have to.. isnt that kinda illegal?

28 U.S. Code § 4101 - Definitions

Current through Pub. L. 114-38. (See Public Laws for the current Congress.)
US Code
Notes
prev | next
In this chapter:
(1)Defamation.—
The term “defamation” means any action or other proceeding for defamation, libel, slander, or similar claim alleging that forms of speech are false, have caused damage to reputation or emotional distress, have presented any person in a false light, or have resulted in criticism, dishonor, or condemnation of any person.
(2)Domestic court.—
The term “domestic court” means a Federal court or a court of any State.
(3)Foreign court.—
The term “foreign court” means a court, administrative body, or other tribunal of a foreign country.
(4)Foreign judgment.—
The term “foreign judgment” means a final judgment rendered by a foreign court.
(5)State.—
The term “State” means each of the several States, the District of Columbia, and any commonwealth, territory, or possession of the United States.
(6)United states person.—The term “United States person” means—
(A) a United States citizen;
(B) an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence to the United States;
(C) an alien lawfully residing in the United States at the time that the speech that is the subject of the foreign defamation action was researched, prepared, or disseminated; or
(D) a business entity incorporated in, or with its primary location or place of operation in, the United States.

It's private prosecution where I live. Stop using american law, because that's completely beside the point.

Yeah hi.. ISP networking dude her - basically all internet providers will have a log linking the DHCP lease times with the subscriber, likely going back at least 2 years.

In cases like cellphones where you're likely behind a kind of NAT the provider will likely have a log of the individual NAT table entries at the time linking to subscriber.

Ok, well I asked you to tell me where the fuck you are and the circumstances you shifty nigger. Things like where you are (so we can know what the legislation is) the name of the isp (this matters) whatever the butthole you are going after did. You haven't given enough info dude.

This sounds about right, i doubt you will get more than this.

> I been in school for this shit for years.

Your half of a Cisco certificate isn't a degree in high level mathematics.

> 'hey user if it is so easy to break show me an example of it happening ever"

Yeah sure, let me break out my fucking quantum computer and my 80-acre TITAN cluster of and show you how to fucking bruteforce it. Let's just ignore this next point:

> backdoors = proprietary

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know your entire computer was cobbled together from scratch with 2N3904/06 transistors because you were too paranoid to trust those proprietary FPGAs that no world government would ever consider meddling with ... hope you didn't go with Von Neumann archi, or shit, you did? pwnd.

Stay in school kid.

>Ok, well I asked you to tell me where the fuck you are and the circumstances you shifty nigger. Things like where you are (so we can know what the legislation is) the name of the isp (this matters) whatever the butthole you are going after did. You haven't given enough info dude.

Poland if that helps anything. The ISPs are mostly mobile, so I don't hope for much.

Op bear in mind that what you find might be inadmissible in a court of law and might even implicate you in a criminal act, leave what ever it is you want to do to the professionals

then why not just lure said poster into conversation via email or some other client than wherever he is posting which might be able to get you more info.

> implying that the same organization that investigated 9/11 isn't controlled by the NSA ...

Do you really think the best minds are working for the NSA/FBI/etc? as with anything "private industry" - and especially crime - is going to attract the best talent in a given field. Encryption is a combination of high level mathematics and computer science - the number of people I personally know with degrees in both is fairly high - the number of people I know that are extremely talented in both is *VERY* high - if there's a backdoor in these open source encryption algorithms then the collective of potentially millions of highly skilled mathematician/computer scientists have yet to find it.

The problem is that the professionals just claimed they can't even get the IP adressess so I have to do it now.

It's some old posts now. Comments actually.

>Your half of a Cisco certificate isn't a degree in high level mathematics.

It would be a half a certificate, that should be fairly obvious

>Yeah sure, let me break out my fucking quantum computer and my 80-acre TITAN cluster of and show you how to fucking bruteforce it. Let's just ignore this next point

Are you writing a science fiction novel or trying to make a point?

Prove it or shut your cock hole, there is no such thing.

>Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know your entire computer was cobbled together from scratch with 2N3904/06 transistors because you were too paranoid to trust those proprietary FPGAs that no world government would ever consider meddling with ... hope you didn't go with Von Neumann archi, or shit, you did? pwnd.

Explain how that has any relevance to transmitting or receiving asymmetrically encrypted data.

>Stay in school kid.

Career student faggot puss.

You are a polska idc.

[tinfoil intensifies]

THANK YOUUUUUUUU 10/10

What is the crime the guy did?

so your trying to track down the poster of some comments?

Like i said don't implicate yourself, go dark net hire a proxy hacker fag to do this shit for you.

And make sure what "Is" find is credible in a court of law.

'Yeah I downloaded the tor bundle and gave some faggot 1.58 bitcoin, he is a professional hacker, here are all the details'

Judge: Fantastic! This is totally admissible

-a fictional reality near you

....stop being stupid and saying stupid things

>the number of people I personally know with degrees in both is fairly high

Yeah, Bachelor's degrees ... and by high you mean like, one guy. You know one guy with Bachelor's degrees in both.

> the collective of potentially millions of highly skilled mathematician/computer scientists

The one guy you know with a double bachelor's isn't spending any time looking for a backdoor in open source encryption. He's probably too busy doing analysis for his bullshit fintech startup with his MBA friend.

Autistic people rarely understand obvious sarcasm.

really i could have googled that to

The mods can see anything sent via TCP or HTTP. I don't have the list memorized, but a little bit of Googling gives a brief list:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transmission_Control_Protocol#TCP_segment_structure
>IP address
>Source port
>Destination port

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_HTTP_header_fields
>Accepted encoding types
>Accepted character set
>Accepted langauge
>Caching mechanism
>Cookies (only those related to current domain)
>Date
>Whether or not you're behind a proxy
>Website you came from
>User Agent (browser + version and operating system + version)

Also not that using a service like MaxMind they can trace an IP address to a city with 98% accuracy - however tracing an IP address to a house isn't possible without help from the ISP and law enforcement and anyone who believes they have done so is mistaken

>Explain how that has any relevance to transmitting or receiving asymmetrically encrypted data.

I don't need to break your encryption if I have your private key.

>so your trying to track down the poster of some comments?
Comments claiming false rape accusations, yeah.

so someone is saying you are a rapist?

Ex insider here. When a post is live, you can see the IP, country, time and date, what browser was used and some other small details. When the thread 404's all of it is gone, it is deleted from the system completely unless you have been banned for the post. Feds could potentially get a post details back so long as they got to the servers in time before the data was overwritten.

Not even the same nigga you are harping on

>Yeah, Bachelor's degrees ... and by high you mean like, one guy. You know one guy with Bachelor's degrees in both.

How about a conglomeration of several universities including MIT and Phd Professors? Does that count?

>The one guy you know with a double bachelor's isn't spending any time looking for a backdoor in open source encryption. He's probably too busy doing analysis for his bullshit fintech startup with his MBA friend.

That is oddly specific, is that what you tried and failed to do? Is that why you are bitter? Fact is open sourced code is scrutinized by millions of people. If there is a hole it will be found sooner than later.

pic related

You can see certain things

I'm not arguing that, I am arguing that you cannot break it, and you already know it.

I never said you cannot circumvent it.

Now we get on the argument of you taking my private key, which I strongly argue you would have a hard time doing, but 'is' technically possible.

How would you try to get my key

>V1.12

>if there's a backdoor in these open source encryption algorithms then the collective of potentially millions of highly skilled mathematician/computer scientists have yet to find it.

Internal memos leaked by former NSA contractor, Edward Snowden, suggest that the NSA put a backdoor in the Dual EC DRBG standard.

Where was your potentially millions of multiple mathematics PhDs on that one?

Jesus christ user. All connections made through 80 are internet connections(everything you do on your browser). Port 80 is used for all http connections. If you look to your search bar you can see a http before the webpage's URL.

>former NSA contractor, Edward Snowden
>former

How new are you

>suggest that != is a fact

Well go on school me. I'm always up to learn something new.

Once it gets on the internet it never leaves.

> including MIT

Nice name drop.

> Does that count?

No, it doesn't.

> That is oddly specific, is that what you tried and failed to do?

No that's what spoon-fed MIT hacks are wasting their lives on. If you haven't noticed I'm the guy who makes fun of them.

Fact is open sourced code is scrutinized by millions of people.

>How would you try to get my key

Already explained that Professor, pay attention.

Can I see the posts?

your IP, the post content. How long they store it is questionable.

The problem is getting access to it. you need a lawyer to serve them, OR get a friendly cop to request it from Sup Forums.

ITT we help op track down a trap he once fapped to

fucking this man

Based on OP's questions I conclude that he is fucking retarded. You cannot learn to the abilities you need over night and certainly not from fucking Chansies.

Dick up and go flame the nigger that's calling you a rapist. Use the tools you have at hand, the other person that is clearly smarter than you already has.

actually nsa gets top people in their fields. I agree with you about fbi though.

1. Kys
2. Nypa
3. Learn how computers work before trying to talk about this shit faggot

Honestly I myself haven't even seen them.

user the question is very simple - what do I ask the court to subpoena from ISPs?

you havent even seen them, then wtf are you doing asking people for help.

>Nice name drop.

A lot of the coursework if not most comes from there. Get to work with them.

Pretty sound shit, regardless of namefagging

>No, it doesn't.

Yes it does do

>Already explained that Professor, pay attention.

Somehow the architecture is capable of monitoring people? Is that what you are trying to sell?

You have to prove things you milk toast nigger, otherwise it is just words.

FBI are dicks, you don't want to deal with them on the receiving end.
Every log associated with the ip address, or cell phone associated with it. You need a lawyer OP.

You haven't even said shit about the circumstance. I think you are an asshole.

any and all information related to the activities of user (IP HERE) on (DATE HERE)

And you are a bigger asshole

but you are my favorite person I have ever met on Sup Forums

>I am arguing that you cannot break it, and you already know it.

No shit, way to miss the point completely.

>>implying the one guy out of 100,000+ who actually spoke up about it is less than qualified to speak on the matter.

>>suggest that != is a fact

He isn't allowed to release the evidence or the US can legitimately say he's not a journalist and that his actions are espionage. He gave proof to Glenn. It's up to the actual journalists to decide what proof they can and can't release.

Ed could say the sun was about to explode and I'd fuckin' believe him and you should too.

I just know the content of those. They were taken down from the site but the owner still keeps them.

>You need a lawyer OP.
I actually AM the lawyer. Not a tech specialist though.

I don't know anything about Polska law regarding that kinda shit. I wish you well but I can't help you. If you were in the US I could. I am ignorant to Polish law.

>>>implying the one guy out of 100,000+ who actually spoke up about it is less than qualified to speak on the matter.

Uh no, im implying he is not a former employee, im implying he is still employed. dumbass.

Encryption doesn't solve anything because If you don't give the feds your private key then they can hold you indefinitely.

>He gave proof to Glenn
Utmost of sources
>defends neo nazis for free

>Ed could say the sun was about to explode and I'd fuckin' believe him and you should too.

if that aint bait then idk what is

Now that might be an interesting angle.

Right, that is why you have two. One with a hidden containing folder. In this way you have plausible deniability. You give them the prop key to avoid obstruction of justice, and the rest doesn't exist as far as they are concerned.

you dont really seem smart enough to be a lawyer

>A lot of the coursework if not most comes from there. Get to work with them.

2011 called, they want their pedantic bullshit back ...

and we are

make sure to uncheck the show hidden folders button when youre done using it

otherwise fbi might find it

Your address is 3165 Maple Court,apt#13, Shermer ,Illinois...Your name is Zac Felton and you work at Petsmart.You ride to work with Hector Gonzales and eat lunch at Wendys.you mostly download negro scat fetish and you are using Windows 7.