I'm wanting to get the new Alienware 17 if Dell accepts my application for financing...

I'm wanting to get the new Alienware 17 if Dell accepts my application for financing. Everything i've read about this laptop says it's good. Here is the base model for it:

laptopmag.com/reviews/laptops/alienware-17

You can upgrade it as you build it on Dell's website, so it can be even better. My question is.... Is it worth the hefty price tag? Some people say yes, others say no. Curious as to what Sup Forums thinks. Thoughts.....?

Other urls found in this thread:

dell.com/us/p/alienware-17-r3/pd
multicom.no/SearchResult.aspx?q=kw:multicom kunshan&gclid=CjwKEAjw5vu8BRC8rIGNrqbPuSESJADG8RV04QtxyUNZk5855NZFfASvCDIlYDa0e2wFufGNxeWHRRoCsbTw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
asus.com/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-G752VY/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fool. MSI is way better.

Seriously? Why do you say that? I'm genuinely curious. I've been looking around at laptops and the Alienware 17 seems to be pretty God Tier as far as laptops are concerned.

I am open to listening to other suggestions though, so please. Enlighten me.

Alienware is more expensive because of the logo and the warranty. I would look at msi or sager for cheaper well built laptops.

Be a man and get a MSI Titan. Alienware is for n00bfags

Its harder for lab tobs but build your own computer m8

Shop around, don't bother with Alienware as you're pretty much paying over the odds for the brand, that's it

Don't be a fucking tool and get ripped off.

I get that it's mostly the brand you're buying when you get Alienware, but the specs honestly ARE pretty fucking sweet.

That being said, I know NOTHING about MSI. What is a good one to get? I basically play World of Warcraft. That's my main game for the last 12 years or so. I just wanna be able to play on ULTRA settings without lag. Other than that? I don't give a damn. A good sound system would be nice as well. I like watching Netflix and YouTube. That and scrolling here on Sup Forums. That's all I care about.

Alienware seems to get so much hate. I know nothing of MSI. What makes them better? Serious answer. I honestly want to know.

asus and msi

>be a man
>buy a $3400 laptop

Ya. Over pay for a laptop. Better yet, just get an Alienware.

OP here:

To everyone that has responded, I appreciate it. I'm being genuine here, not sarcastic or snarky when I say this, but why so much hate on Alienware? I've read over the specs and they're actually pretty good. Yes, I realize you're paying A LOT just for the name. But I have ZERO knowledge with how computers are built. I get that you could theoretically buy the parts and just build a PC for A LOT cheaper, but I have no knowledge on ANY of that. I just find that a laptop is a lot easier and I don't have to worry about shit. I've had my current Alienware 13 for just over 4 years and it's only just now giving me problems. It's been a good machine over all.

You honestly haven't shopped around if your looking at Alienware. But by all means go ahead and buy it youl waste $1000+ dollars and look like a complete retard to almost anyone who sees it. The only people who like Alienware are people who buy it and then have to reassure themselves that they spent their money well by circle jerking the brand.

can get same laptop with same specs minus the logo for less

if you want to bulid a pc plenty of youtube vids and Sup Forums plus its simple as hell plugging stuff into a motherboard etc

Look at Lenovo Y50 shit, but stay away from all of their 4K stuff.

Building a pc is very easy and saves you a large amount of money. I don't buy alienware, even with 17% off

I'm not an Alienware fanboy or anything, I've just been basing it off my own experience of owning one. (the Alienware 13 i'm on right now). It seems Alienware gets a lot of hate.

I'm not saying it's the greatest brand, because I know it's not. I just don't have a lot of knowledge about computers in general and I fully admit it. It's a big reason I made this post, just wanting to know what you guys think over all.

It's not just about specs it also should be about what's value for money.

Surely there must be cheaper alternatives that offer good specs. This would save you money.

Go to be, elijah

OP here again:

Another reason I was looking into Alienware was because of the leasing program. I'm a poorfag. That's the main reason why I was looking into something I could lease, rather than go buy parts to build my own. With building parts you have to have the cash up front. With a small monthly payment with leasing a computer, it's just a small amount every month, rather than getting all the parts and spending a crapload all at once.

I do realize that building a PC is a fuckload cheaper over all, but you can't lease that. You have to buy everything with cash up front. Sure, I could take a year to buy a piece here and there then once I get everything, build it then, but i'm an impatient fucker. Heh.

Not sure if you're looking to invest in a long term computer or a throw me down.

I'm wanting something that will last at least 5 years. This Alienware 13 I have now got me to just over 4 years... it still runs but it has bad sectors on the hard-drive, and it runs like dogshit. That, and it doesn't play WoW as well as I wish that it did.

Whatever you do, try to buy that laptop at Best Buy or some brick and mortar store that will give you an extended warranty, so at the very least you'll get some piece of mind.

You're paying more for advertising. Any other computer could save you maybe 150 dollars if you just sided with them for the same specs. The only difference is they don't pay for adds and they still make a buck.

if you're financing this laptop, it will cost even more. If you really focus on cutting spending, you should easily be able to build a computer in a few months (right around when good weather ends) and spend literally a third of the total money.

When it comes to it, its your money. But money management like this indicates you're not leaving poorfag status any time soon.

Can't help you there man. You need to be wealthy to pay for hobbies.

So in all honesty, you're paying almost 200 bucks for the name when you buy Alienware. Everything else is pretty much the same, right? This computer is around $1,450 give or take, and i've looked at other gaming computers that weren't Alienware that cost a fuckload more.

No matter who I buy from, I just want someone that will let me finance because I can't afford to buy it outright.

Why on earth would you lease? Paying smaller each month isn't going to make much of a difference. After all you're still going to pay above the Alienware laptop's price.

If you're poor then you should stay away from Alienware.

Go look for a cheaper computer or considering taking the mile to build one.

>alienware
>laptop

Well, I looked it over, and it's about 78 bucks a month to lease this Alienware 17 i'm looking at. That is something I CAN afford. I do realize though, by the time it's paid off? I've probably bought the damn thing TWICE. I get that. But when you're poor like me? There aren't many other options. It's like when I got a fridge at Rent-A-Center... BRAND NEW in a store it would have probably cost around 900 bucks... when i was DONE paying it off? It cost me a total of 2200 bucks... BUT, I was able to pay it off with CHEAP AS FUCK monthly payments. When you're a poorfag like me? There just isn't a heck of a lot of options available. It comes down to lease and pay more over time, or do without. It fucking sucks, trust me, if I had the cash? I'd just go buy all the parts and build my own. Hell, I know I could even build something BETTER, but see... that takes money up front that I just don't have.

Well that and the 8GB Ram. That's disgusting. And it's more disgusting if you wanna upgrade for 16 they make you pay for an SSD

Acer predator is better

But SSD is good isn't? For fast booting, yes? I've heard all good things about the SSD drives.

The SSD is way to small for it to be even considered that price. I can assure you with 8GB of ram you wouldn't be able to play ultra settings without being in a closed space. Draw distance requires a lot of ram to commit with especially if you're using Ultra since it's streams together right. If you're looking at it just for the finances not worth the options they give you. Especially since the computers are way cheaper to buy and put together even if you were to shill out for all that money. I can make that Gamer's choice model for a thousand dollars. Why anyone would wanna spend 2,000 is beyond me.

>Alienware
>Laptop
>Good

That link was the BASE model. Here... Go here:

dell.com/us/p/alienware-17-r3/pd

That is where you can literally BUILD the laptop and add a BUNCH of awesome shit to it. Better EVERYTHING. It lets you select exactly what you want.

forgot to mention
>financing

Look under the one that says:

"Alienware 17 $2,968.99"

Check out all the awesome shit you can add to it.

Hey... we can't all be rich. Some of us HAVE to finance. *shrugs*

It's a new computer when you have a working one - you can save without paying the extra double price and do without.

Don't you realize this is why you're poor?

>$2,968
Thats a god tier "premium" laptop user i mean you probably couldn't eve build a desktop PC in that price range

So THAT one, is good then, yes?? I think I ORIGINALLY linked the wrong laptop. In my opinion post. I was just linking the BASE model.

But yeah, that $2,968 version is the BEST one they have in that 17 series. There is like 3 or 4 versions to choose from, and that particular one is the best of them all. That's the one I am looking to get. If you go to the alienware website you can look over the stats to it.

fuck you op

Yeah? Fuck you too, user.

OP here:

Alright... well.... it seems the over all opinion is "fuck alienware"... but as I made mention throughout this post... I'm not rich, so I can't afford to go out and buy all the parts needed to build a cheaper computer. I need a lease option and Dell does that with Alienware. I was more or less wanting to know if it's a decent laptop, but it seems like most everyone has nothing good to say about it. Eh.... Thanks for the suggestions. I'm gonna head out for now.

If you're going with Alienware you're really making a big mistake, especially if you're going with leasing..

If you cannot afford a gaming pc, then wait and save up money. You would save money if you don't go with alienware. LEASING is going to make you even more poor.

There are better laptops out there with better specs, but you want the leasing. How foolish..

Build a desktop pc period

Aleinware are overpriced trash that gets shit on every time with a home build.

If you want a laptop just get any decent i7

You're all wrong. If you want an actual good "gaming" laptop; you'll get a Multicom Kunshan

multicom.no/SearchResult.aspx?q=kw:multicom kunshan&gclid=CjwKEAjw5vu8BRC8rIGNrqbPuSESJADG8RV04QtxyUNZk5855NZFfASvCDIlYDa0e2wFufGNxeWHRRoCsbTw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Gaming Laptops are meme's

>gaming laptops

Asus you fag

Leasing period is stupid. You need to save up what the cost would be every month to eventually be able to buy it when the price is cheap during the christmas sale.

Buying anything Alienware, even if you're a fucking millionaire, is a terrible idea.

asus.com/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-G752VY/

this or other models from R.O.G

If you are not wanting to build a PC like I was, I would shop local.

Normally ma and pa shops will buy the parts and install them for you. I did this with a local shop that was right down the street from where I live.

Some shops will even have little prebuilts for decent prices, or even letting you bring in parts and they'll put it together for you.

My local shop charged $30 to put the components together.

I wouldn't buy a Alienware because your buying a brand. Laptops are never good and cannot be considered future proof.

You can get upgrades on the dell website, but if you decide to upgrade it afterwards you won't be able too, the parts will be incompatible because dells motherboards and power sources are proprietary. You would void the warranty by opening the laptop.

I would not buy a laptop as a gaming machine. The GPU alone on that piece of shit won't be future proof either. 3 Gigs of vram is shit for today's games.

I bought and built my current setup for $1.300
i7670k
32gb ripjaw ddr4 ram
Nvidia 1080 1
Sony SSD 250gig x 2
Asrock z77 motherboard

Buy it if you wish, don't expect to me playing next gen games on maxed settings at 1080p with a 20 fps.

If you have the money, aren't worried about high resolution and FPS, buy it.

Alienware laptops haven't been that much over priced for a damn near decade now, but dumbasses wont let memes die.

You pay slightly more for an alienware.

Alienware does two things that make them stand out;

Cooling. Their laptops (with a few exceptions) are some of the best at heat management you can buy when it comes to gaming laptops.

Something Asus and MSI posters are ignoring and pretending isn't a problem when it absolutely is.

Tech support. Dell/Alienware has the best tech support for their laptops period. Asus has horrible return time for failed laptops and their warrantees are easily voided. MSI goes out of their way to void warrantees, including building laptops where they only way to add an SSD or HDD (which they leave open slots for you to do) or upgrade memory or anything else, you have to pop the warrantee sticker. It is the ONLY way to get in.

Meanwhile, dell makes house calls, and will send a tech to you if needed, and if your failed laptop cant be fixed the first time, they more often than not will replace the laptop with a new model rather than the same one.|

Picture related, my current laptop, MSI GE72.

anyone got their £1 HP laptop yet?

I ordered 21 of them and I got the confirmation email yesterday

MSI>Alienware all the way bro. I payed $1600 for my g72 dominator pro with g-sync and it's been great. It's lasted for a year gaming every night and hasn't dropped a frame. Witcher 3 at max, GTA V, you name it. MSI is legit.

lol ordered 3 on the 30th, my delivery date is the 25th aug, no cancelation email yet

Madness, I'm waiting for them to send me my delivery date via text/email coz I dont have an account, pretty shit that I could be waiting up to 2 months for them though, if they do arrive il probably make a thread thanking the user that first posted about it, good luck to you tho man, hope nothing gets cancelled.

What was the point of this thread when you were just going to steamroll everyone who voiced their opinion, even after you asked? Best buy can finance and you don't have to pay for anything overpriced.

Dont lease. It's just another name for debts. Be pacient and save money to buy it. In my country, rich people are the ones that lease things. Poor people buy it completely.

If you're buying alienware, get their complete care warranty. If not, buy from a different brand. Complete care lasts like 3 years and covers any and all damage.