Thoughts on him?

Thoughts on him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QHRdj5-nJtc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

'Why Tolerance is Not a Virtue'. What's not to love?
Plus, his works on cinema are class.

Thoughts on Manly P. Hall?

youtube.com/watch?v=QHRdj5-nJtc

bad mfer

Brilliant but badly in need of speech therapy. Sheesh.

His works of compilation are good, specially the images and some facts of history. But his original output is pretty weak, because of Blavatsky's influence, which is just laughable. His book about the 3rd Degree has some pearls among a wash of crap though.
If the interest is FM, it's totally useless. There was some point on reading these introductory level writers twenty years ago, but nowadays there's plenty of documents of the 18th and 18th century on the internet, which are way better than any of them.

18th and 19th

hes a communist with a bad case of the sniffies

I should know, live in Ljubljana.

That's actually cocaine, Sup Forumsro

Can you share something you believe to be better than Manly? Merely for research purposes, ofcourse.

What interest brought you to Manly? Freemasonry, Ancient Religion/Occultism, or parapsychology?

Ancient Religion/Occultism, and maybe a little bit because of Freemasonry.

Woz is what happens when a garden-variety nerd becomes a bazillionaire. You fly around in planes n shit and stay out of the spotlight until someone offers you a million bucks to speak at a conference, then you go collect, crawl back into your private jet and disappear.

In terms of Ancient, the best way to go it's directly to the source. If you're already familiar with Platonism, and want to go into more overtly occult stuff, try Iambliccus, and later Porphiry. And of course the Corpus Hermeticum.
For more modern takes on the subject, Guénon and Coomaraswamy.

For Freemasonry, if you need a introductory book go with Jules Boucher. But as soon as you feel confident, start downloading documents and books from the 18th century (archive.org has loads). An if you really want to know what it is about, try to learn about Scottish Rectified Rite and CBCS. Be ready for some surprises, but there's enough historical documentation for that.

They look worn

Well, it looks like i'm going to be very busy. Thank you for this wealth of information, I'm going to look into all of that.

You're welcome. Really hope you find what you're looking for.

Also, don't feel like you need to absorb all at once. It's nice to have the desire to go deeper and deeper, but you have to find your pace. One book, the right book, studied carefully and thoroughly can mean much more than thousands sometimes. Which is not to say it isn't great to read the thousand, but really learn each one, with patience.

I'll keep that in mind, thanks. I'll try not to drown in all of the info. And to be honest, I have no idea what I'm looking for. These last few years I've just had a thirst for knowledge. Every time I discover something groundbreaking (groundbreaking to me), I just get this feeling of ecstasy for a while. Maybe I'm just chasing that same high, haha.

Well, there is a lot of excitement on the way studying Ancient Wisdom reshapes your vision of the world, but there's not much of that in sitting and read all those books. Maybe if you want something really exciting, but serious and well-researched, try Julius Evola's The Yoga of Power.

Yep, that book sounds amazing. I'm definitely going to buy that.
I'm hoping to figure out this whole chakra business at some point in my life.
Got any good sources for meditation? I've tried a couple of times, but its still tricky.

(PS: sorry for shitting up your thread, OP)

His charisma is still a negative number.

Evola has great explanation on the chakras, but the book I recommended you focuses only on Tantra Yoga, not all the scope. To understand what the thing is all about, the different schools, why things are ad they are and what they mean, Mircea Eliade, Yoga - Freedom and Immortality. From there, they'll guide you further.

If you want something more practical, not directly connected to Yoga but with interesting exercises that aren't just silly, go with same Evola and the UR Group, Introuction to Magic.

If you want to make a burner e-mail and leave it there, I'll send you some contact later on with my info, if you want any more help when you start read some of that stuff.

It really blows my mind how much amazing info is freely available on the internet.

also, [email protected]

Yeah, and there's plenty using it to post pics of their dicks and have other guys rate them. Go figure humanity.

Right, I'll write to you later, and we can go on. For now, good luck with the books you've got in hand! And have fun!

Much appreciated!

community was saved when they hired him back, but really the best episodes are like the start of season 2.

rick and morty is awesome though