REFN IS A MESS

REFN IS A MESS

What else is new?

JUST

>trusting Der Ewige Review Jude
Did you read the reviews for OGF? They were shit even though it was one of the greatest films of all time.

Go back to watching Dheepan you cuck

News at 11

Every fucking movie gets shat on at Cannes. Insecure French surrender monkeys have no taste.

A stultifyingly vapid, ponderously paced allegorical critique of the modeling world whose seethingly jealous inhabitants can't wait to literally chew each other up and spit each other out.

asddsdfgv

>image.jpg

Dumb PC poster

Probably not enough feminism and positive portrayals of Muslims for them.

If the French hate something, there's a good chance I'll enjoy it

Cannes really is a joke these days

What happened with Refn?

It was shit

I'm sure you'll like this too

True

A BIG FAT MESS

>Only God Forgives gets negative reviews
>is masterpiece

>Neon Demon gets negative reviews
>??????

Refn isn't capeshit. The goal isn't to please everyone. It's there for the cinema elite, of course most viewers will be alienated.

>Only God Forgives is a masterpiece

What's it like being a total retard

will this be the OGF of our generation?
genuinely hyped

I think you already know pleb

What's it like being a total plab?

You tell me. You'd need to have cine-retardation for you to not see that OGF is one of the best of the decade.

>will this be the OGF of our generation?

Another style-over-substance foray that's heralded by simpletons on a Yeti-hunting farming outpost?

Probably.

It was an awful film that wannabe patricians like because they delude themselves into thinking it was deep when it was as the shallowest piece of filmmaking

I'm sure you feel real smart that you "get it" but it was awful in both acting and writing

>gets good reviews by high profile critics
>literally who's and comic reviewers rate it bad
>most people literally called the ending sexist and triggering

KINO

do NOT bully my waifu

Why was it bad

>implying he didn't expect this to happen when he kicked the SJW hornet's nest

These are the same critics that cum over Dolan's SJW shitfests.

Not a respectable source.

Goddamnit just give us Drive 2

The novel's already written

Why was it good?

The acting was shit, Goose and all the deadpan asians

The writing was shit (I wanna fuck a 12 year old)

The symbolism and shallow and overdone (it's another God metaphor, Mother/Son complex movie)

It was a shitty excuse of a movie to film Asian landscapes and neon sets

>Goddamnit just give us Drive 2

Fuck off pleb

Dolans film was a misfire at Cannes this year

>most people literally called the ending sexist and triggering
all aboard the refn hype train

OGF isn't about feeling smart about getting the deep movie. It is pure kinographic experience. First viewing wasn't intellectual at all. It was pure emotion. I spent the entire movie trembling and writhing in my seat the film was affecting me so deeply. I have never cried for such an extended period of time in a movie. The tears didn't stop streaming my down my face for the whole last 45 minutes. Only on repeat viewings did I unpack the true depth of the film, but the real knock out of the movie is on a pure unpretentious visceral/emotional level.

Feel first.

Think later.

I'm literally going to kill myself after watching Neon Demon and that's a credit to the film.

It's OGF all over again. It's going to be great.

Just look at that average rating

Based refn

>3 fresh
>3 rotten
> Average 8.7

WTF

The trailer for this movie had more inspiration and backbone than CA:CW, so I don't give a guck what the general critical consensus is, and it's fags from Canned anyway.

>cine/v/ile crossposte.jpg

Is this the new Kino that was hated by RT "Critic"

>20@6
>still falling for the refn meme

3 fresh 10's
3 rotten 6.5's
almost works out

>Batman vs Superman
>Knight Of Cups
>Neon Demon

So we've found the third maligned kino of the year.

you realize critics from all around the world attend cannes

The day Rotten Tomatoes stops giving every MCU or Pixar movie near 100% scores is the day I'll take that joke of a website somewhat seriously.

>no quips

God how do you people not just punch yourselves in the face?

>3 fresh
>3 rotten
>not 50%

wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutttttttttttttt

It's worse than you're implying. It's not just a case of a shitty website. All RT does is aggregate the reviews. When sewage like inside out gets RT 100% that's the entire modern critical community that has absolutely no standards.

The only voice worth listening to now is Armond.

3/10 no quips

You haven't answered my question

REFN IS A WASTE

Your mom does that for me

This.

If Refn had the characters name drop reddit and galaga it would literally be at 100%.

But, he did...

Buzzwords isn't why a movie is shit dumbfuck

HOOOOoooooOOOOOoooLY FUCK!
I am even more hyped now. Refn dun diddit again! A true artist and a master troll at the same time.

Maybe not for you, but he still provided reasons.

Gonna have to live with it.

>The acting was shit, Goose and all the deadpan asians
It was amazing. The whole time I was completely sucked in every scene.
>The writing was shit (I wanna fuck a 12 year old)
The writing was on simple and on point. It flowed very well.
>The symbolism and shallow and overdone (it's another God metaphor, Mother/Son complex movie)
It was never done like this movie did it.
>It was a shitty excuse of a movie to film Asian landscapes and neon sets
Ah, Fuck off.

This will be a good pasta

I don't care.

>50%
>Average 8.7

WTF

so we're gonna get btfo or what?

I liked drive, should I watch OGF?

If you were stupid enough to like Drive then you lack the cinematic sophistication to appreciate OGF imo.

You need to understand that Drive is a feature length hot pocket cheeto dust video game and OGF is actual art.

Drive was mediocre.
Only God Forgives was an absolute trashbag.
None of this surprises me.

Edgelord faggots with garbage taste in cinema lmao
Refn is a hack and you fake patricians couldn,t tell an actual good movie from a vapid but colorful one if it bit you in the ass.
Try watching films that aren't 100% about sex and violence, you teenage NEETs.

>still believing the vegetable jew

Dont be silly. RT is not even remotely relevant. Next youll try to argue that financial success is an indicator of quality?

Wow this autistic moron

Plebs expect Drive 2, that's why they shit on everything he does that isn't Drive 2. Just move on and enjoy Refn while he's still stable enough to make movies.

Who says it's a masterpiece?

I've been keeping myself in the dark about this movie but I'm looking forward to it. Does the trailer have any obvious spoilers?

>tomatoes
>vegetable

So that's what explains BvS then?

>Average rating 8.5/10

refn is literally all style and no substance.

what's the cutoff for fresh ratings?

even if four people gave it 10/10 and the other three gave it 6/10, it would still only be ~8.25

3 fresh
3 rotten
>40%

about 65%, IIRC

sometimes that's okay.

60%

BEHN?

>18 likes

Literally end your life lady

What's the problem? Sounds like a great flick to me.

Why did the janitor erase that thread? It was a relevant discussion of a criticism of an upcoming movie.

Anyways, we can continue discussion of the tweet in question reposted here:

Hipster Post of the Year

They should put that on the home video cover with another review that says, "One of the best movies of 2016!"

AYE

If you like OGF, then you've tricked yourself into pretending you know anything about film and, thus, your opinion is worthless.

Have a good day.

if only they had actually casted an attractive girl to lead this instead of one who looks like she has special needs. it's hard to believe she's legitimately a model.

Why would you rate something when you haven't watched it yet?

seriously. it's the best promotion the film could get.

feminists are so clueless they probably think such a 'criticism' would actually deter people.

hes a maverick and a genius. he wont be quelled or sated. he will have his cunny and his synth. he doesnt need brown people, he doesnt need super powers, he doesnt need space lasers.

the lunatic. the unbridled madman