You ever hear of the "One bad day" Theory ?

You ever hear of the "One bad day" Theory ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YPvI2rLCIFc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No, do tell

If I remember right, Gordon proved it wrong.

In theory , All it takes to see things from a perspective like the Jokers is one immensely bad day.

No I haven't heard of it, but now am interested. Explain yourself OP

Nope, explain pls. Hope it's not carp

Oh, makes sense

I think they call that PTSD now days.

Basically summed up in this picture

The theory wasn't created for Batman comics.
It's actually a serious thing. Most people are constantly on the edge of "sanity" and all it takes is one "bad" day to push them over the edge into lowering their inhibitions and morals.

You won't end up a psychotic mass murdering clown from finding out your wife cheated on you, your favourite diner closed down and your job is firing you. But you might have a breakdown and do something you normally wouldn't.

It's a bit like a mid life crisis but is triggered more by general build up of negative things instead of "OH GOD I'M OLD".

Anyhow , Just some food for thought. Speaking of which , whats everyones thoughts on this ?

You summed it up better than I could. Thank you.

Well, to me everything is a joke, but I don't feel it like that all the time. Everything you do will be forgotten, everything you build will be dust, everyone you know will die, so why so serious? No reason not to live a regular life for me, though.

"Falling Down" with Michael Douglas is another neat example.

I believe we share the same point of view , So I'm gonna ask , Why live a normal life if it's a joke ?

Ballin in

Same user here. Just to add to it. It's routed in psychology and there isn't a proper medical term for it. It's not a case of "chemical imbalance" with depression.

It's a natural reaction in a way. You take so much stress that one day you just collapse and aren't aware of it.
Most people understand that stress needs to be disposed of. But sometimes it just catches up to you and the result is a breakdown.

The Batman example was basically that Joker had such a bad day that for him, was the point of no return and he got pushed over it. You could argue we're all going to end up like that except the fact that most of us understand how to disperse stress. Domestic abusers (that aren't actual assholes) tend to victims of poor stress management and can lead to moments of "I can't believe I did that to the person I love".

OP's mom had one bad dick.

Get back on XBL faggot

Just saying that Batman kills joker in the last frame. When joker stops laughing and only batman continues laughing, it's because Batman is choking Joker so it feeds the theory that in batman universe there are more than just one joker.

So Joker was right.

What last frame ?

Of the comic titled "The Killing Joke".
At the end of the comic, Batman captures Joker. Joker tells an incredibly lame joke and the both start laughing.

I believe the theory is that Batman had his bad day then after the entire events of the Killing Joke and laughing at what the Joker did was the point of no return since Batman never laughs, at least not on purpose and would never laugh at the Joker. Joker's entire goal is to make Batman laugh and/or end up like him.

also in the animation

If you think like this, read up on Albert Camus theory of the absurd. It describes exactly the point of view you seem to have and still manages to give value to life.

Camus doesn't give value to life, he simply states that our nature demands value, the universe can't give it, but you will automatically get bored and go back to ignoring how meaningless everything is.

don't watch the movie, its garbage.
not even conroy and hamill can save it

Then how about happiness?

Sounds like Hanekawa from Monogatari series. Her cat persona dispersed the stress for her at night.

youtube.com/watch?v=YPvI2rLCIFc This is the right video for it

Trips!

Also there is a theory that batman actually kills joker right after that joke

joker is one of the best villian in comic book history. hands down, because of his enigmatic and likable persona