Girlfriend and I are getting into shooting handguns

Girlfriend and I are getting into shooting handguns.
Thinking about getting us a 9mm,
Did some research and the CZ75 SP-01 is mentioned a lot.
What's b think? If not the CZ, what other 9mm do you guys like?
>inb4 get a .45

>>/k/

Get a .45

I have an hk vp9
Very nice

boards.Sup Forums.org/k/

I own a S&W 1911 Pro Series, 9mm. It's accurate, reliable and good looking.

Don't get some czech weapon.

S&W M&P or Glock.
There's a reason they are the most popular.

Just get it, and you won't need another gun ever again. Fuck anything else.

It's a really good gun but like the first guy said, /k/ is a better place than Sup Forums.
but /k/ isn't perfect. it's full of tards and nogunz faggots just like Sup Forums, but there are probably slightly more actual gun owners there than here.

you can get used law enforcement m&ps pretty cheap

I've tried to have conversation with the type of gun nut you'd fine on /k/
All I'd get is obscure custom versions of guns I've never heard of.

Walther P99

I would go with a full size smith and Wesson m and p in 9mm

they're popular because of marketing
they're popular among those who don't view shooting as a hobby

buy a PTRD-41

Real gun forums are where to go. Not fucking Sup Forums.

There is zero justification for using /k/ unless you are so new to firearms you don't know the internet outside Sup Forums exists.

They are popular because they are cheap and reliable.

Love my H&K USP. Have no experience with a CZ. Online info seems to indicate they are decent but a common complaint if your hands are small is that the safety can be difficult to reach.

My advice is to go to a local shop and put different makes and models into your hand to see what feels right.

you know Sup Forums has a weapons board right?
go to /k/

cz75 is good, anything brand name above $400 is great, just comes down to personal preference on the mechanics of the gun. cz is single action

What this guy said. But go to range that lets you rent guns that way you can try out every gun you are thinking about and then pick the one you like the best.

My father has an older CZ 75 and we both like it a lot. It's well made and accurate but does have distinct military feel, which you either love or hate. My friend has one too and he has modified his to be suitable for practical shooting. Again, accurate and well made. The stock trigger isn't necessarily anything great but a smith can make it snappier and sharper.

I'm sure there are better pistols but the 75 is good value for money and does qualify as a "good" pistol. It's also tough enough to withstand SMG loads.

>cz is single action

The SP-01 is DA/SA

9mm is more than enough. You want whatever fits your hand and your ability to control the gun the best. The CZ is a little heavy and long so may take some considerable skill to quickly bring on target but once on target it's pretty easy to keep it there when shooting quickly.I would prefer to go with a little lighter gun, I really like the P99, it's comfortable, trains really quickly and despite being light is very easy to put repeated shots on top of each other. Some people don't like the ergonomics, in which case you could go with the G19.

I think the trick is that since your girlfriend needs to shoot it as well, you probably want something in the middle in terms of weight, too heavy and she might have difficulty steadying it,and if it's too light she may not like the recoil and develop a flinch, the FNP is a good compromise.

Of course if you're hell bent on going with a heavy metal frame and want good quality I think a Sig Sauer P226 or P229 is a better choice than the CZ.

don't, if you get one keep it secret from her. One day you're gonna forget buying milk for the cereal and she's gonna shoot you while you sleep

>cheap
Kinda
Not about polymer pistols, myself.

I think some glocknade memes have something to say about reliability
but those are just memes

they're also popular because they get marketed to police and anti-terror
>used duty pistols
you can buy Czech pistols that are used duty, but I have never seen one that the Jews have not scraped to hell and back

I think the CZ is a great handgun to use. Easy pease with the CZ!

I've heard good things about the FNs too, I'll have to give those a try.

CZ makes fine guns and 9mm is a good, affordable starting point. (.22LR would be better, but I assume you want the pistol to do double duty and not just function as a learning machine and "range toy".)

That said, go to a store and hold them all. You will find some that feel wrong in your hand and some that feel better and a couple that feel perfect. That "feel" is a critically important point that people overlook. Don't think if a pistol feels wrong in your hand that you'll ever get used to it; you won't. You'll wind up trading it away or selling it at a loss.

CZs are fine and feel good to most folks but try before you buy.

CZ makes great guns. If it was going to be a carry gun I would look for something lighter. For target shooter home defense weapon it can't be beat.

It's still a little light but if I remember correctly the recoil was pleasant even if the slide travel was a bit longer than my P99.

I think the best weight for a female shooter would be just under 30 oz, like the USP, but the USP's frame is pretty big if your girlfriend has small hands.

To her the CZ will probably feel like she's having to hold a brick out in front of her.

i won a cz75 sp-01 and honestly its the best handgun i have ever owned. its a bit bulky for concealed carry....but its a fantastic shooter. the balance, ergonomics, and low recoil make it something to own and keep.

Haven't shot it but heard great things about Taurus pt111 g2, real cheap too.

Best 9mm is the Beretta 92fs
Italian made personal handgun
In my opinion, this is the best starter gun, but if you want something more made for fun and shooting ranges, the Walther P99 is the way to go.

MP shield.
Sig Sauer p220.
M92

hk p30l

i meant to say i 'own'.

Love my VP9, but I would recommend trying a P30. The trigger is less annoying and it comes with a safety on the side, which new owners tend to like. I'm also a fan of Beretta

I'm happy with my Taurus millenium g2 pt111

have one. dead ass accurate and feels great in the hand.

The glocknade meme is only a thing if you're shooting bubbas hot reloads. Put reliable ammo in it and it'll never happen. Operator error is the only reason a Glock will fail.

Oh you should get five-Seven with the violent Daimyo skin!!!

Is that the one with the "shake to operate" feature?

The smith and Wesson 1911 PRO is a very good gun to shoot. Easy to handle, accurate, shoots well. I would reccomend it