What are your legitimate feelings on All Star by Smash Mouth?

What are your legitimate feelings on All Star by Smash Mouth?

I like it, but I'm not sure if this makes me a complete pleb. I like it's message about freedom.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's actually a good pop song

only shooting stars break the mold !

I get enjoyment from it while also recognising its tastelessness.

its catchy.

It is the one song that I truly fucking hate. It's the most awful fucking song and one of the very few instances where I want to murder the musicians for creating such fucking inescapable tripe

It's a good pop song, it's just been memed to death because of Shrek, presumably

It was in several movie you millennial

Walkin on the sun is 10x better

How can you feel this way about such a nice catchy pop song? I don't get it
It's the kind of tune you have to make an effort to hate because it's so inoffensive and undeniably fun
Is it just because it's pop music?

It makes me nostalgic

>inoffensive and undeniably fun
Should art be this way?
>Is it just because it's pop music?
Does the genre consist of one song?

SOOOMEBODY

This is 100% true, that said All Star is pretty good as well, who gives a shit if it's "meme'd to death" or some nonsense

>Your brain gets smart but your head gets dumb

not that guy but kill yourself nerd

art shouldn't 'be' anything

>implying art "should" be anything
art can be anything, and any number of things. By saying art "should" be some way, you are devaluing the expansive nature of art. Art can be controversial, it can be safe, it can be progressive, it can be inoffensive, it can be any variety of things. Get off your high horse and stop trying to police what other people create.

You're also a millenial

Being born in 1980 is a millenial?
It is true, all expression is valid. but some expression is more valid than others
Wow great argument

>arguing about All Star by smashmouth
kill yourself you fucking nerd

Ooops you mean to quote
Sorry about that!

1980 is indeed a melenial.
And on the original point, all start has been in several movies, but it's been "memed to death" because it was in shrek, and not those other ones.

nope. kill yourself you fucking nerd.

Authors William Strauss and Neil Howe are widely credited with naming the Millennials.[1] They coined the term in 1987, around the time children born in 1982 were entering preschool, and the media were first identifying their prospective link to the new millennium as the high school graduating class of 2000.[2] They wrote about the cohort in their books Generations: The History of America's Future, 1584 to 2069 (1991)[3] and Millennials Rising: The Next Great Generation (2000).[2]
Yep. I just simply stated my opinion, and a number of butthurt anons wanted to argue with me

Yes, if you were born in the early eighties you are a millenial. Borderline, but you're hardly part of le generayyshun ecks. There's no hard boundaries when defining these things.

See

My legitimate feelings are too much for this thread, this topic, for you, for all writings about music, for everyone. I see too much, I feel too much. The music and I are one, no lights, not even the dim nostalgic comfort of a classic music visualizer, nothing gets in the way of that perfect disembodied sound, as the rest of the world falls away and your bovine screams fade as if on a graphic equalizer app, the din of the common world, I am become eternity, the mouthless oracle, the clairvoyant of silence... and as I descend back into the fray of this physical reality, you see me crack the faintest hint of a smile upon passing me, and the words enter you mind for a fleeting second [could it be?!] and you shake it away, but then the tune and the line clear as a bell... "only shooting stars break the mold" ...

What a concept

>Your brain gets smart but your head gets dumb

What bother me is this song has became a meme just because people always associated with Shrek, despite the song being super popular before the movie came out.

Love this song, despite the blatant The Doors rip-off

Did you even read the Wikipedia article?

A minority of demographers and researchers start the generation in the late 1970s, such as Synchrony Financial which describes Millennials as starting as early as 1976,[22][23] Mobilize.org which uses 1976–1996,[24] MetLife which uses birth dates ranging from 1977–1994,[25] and Neilson Media Research which uses 1977–1995.[26][27]

The majority of researchers and demographers start the generation in the early 1980s. Many end the generation in the mid 1990s. Australia's McCrindle Research[28] uses 1980–1994. A 2013 PricewaterhouseCoopers[29] report and Edelman Berland[30] use 1980–1995. Gallup Inc.,[31][32][33] Eventbrite[34][35] and Dale Carnegie Training and MSW Research[36] all use 1980–1996. Ernst and Young uses 1981–1996.[37] Manpower Group uses 1982–1996.[38]

Not relevant.

What do you mean? I'm just saying, if you are born in 1980, you are a millennial.

I have cheerful feelings of a meme.
makes me kinda happy.

So all you do is focus on art 100% of your life and can't just enjoy something unless you perceive it to have meaning- or even worse- "artistic meaning"? Jesus I never knew how much a buzzkill you could reveal yourself to be in just one opinion.

This

But also this

Eating fried food will fucking kill you but it still tastes good.

>I'm just saying, if you are born in 1980, you are a millennial.
Untrue, see >just enjoy something
Should art like this really be rewarded?

Don't even for a second act like the song is not almost synonymous with Shrek, both in meme culture and general pop culture.

>Don't even for a second act like the song is not almost synonymous with Shrek
What were you born in thew 90s or something?

>mfw there are actual contrarians among smash mouth
Hold On is much better than both

is in agrement with my post. They're from the same article.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials

>is in agrement with my post
They all have different dates. They don't even agree with themselves

Why yes I was, if you weren't you are much too old to be arguing about All Star on an japanese cartoon image board largely populated by high schoolers.

I know All Star was popular before Shrek, but the memes about the relation between the two are infinite and you average person is gonna associate the song with Shrek, I am sorry to tell you this.

i associated it with the digimon movie when i was a kid because that's the first time i heard it

The majority of demographers and researchers agree though, a kid born in 1980 is a millennial.

What's with you? Are you literally le wrong generation?

>a kid born in 1980 is a millennial.
You mean 1982

>but the memes
Literally only relevant to a 90s-born

Also
>only my generation is the average person
Yikes

Literally le wrong generation. If you're making an argument against the idea of these generations in general, refusing to fall under Millennial or Gen X, it's a different story, but as it stands, you're arguing over generational definitions for no reason.

You mean this guy is

How? Assuming you're , you're a millennial.

>How?
Because he is the one arguing about if I'm a millennial
>you're a millennial.
I am not, since I was born in 1980.

how did they go from something intellectual like walking on the sun, to all-star?

>Because he is the one arguing about if I'm a millennial
And you are. Since you're denying it, that's literally le wrong generation.

>I am not, since I was born in 1980.
You quoted an article that states the exact opposite.

>intellectual
We're talking about a bunch of LA brodudes

>You quoted an article that states the exact opposite.
Authors William Strauss and Neil Howe are widely credited with naming the Millennials.[1] They coined the term in 1987, around the time children born in 1982 were entering preschool, and the media were first identifying their prospective link to the new millennium as the high school graduating class of 2000.[2] They wrote about the cohort in their books Generations: The History of America's Future, 1584 to 2069 (1991)[3] and Millennials Rising: The Next Great Generation (2000).[2]

1982. Why is this so hard to understand?

What did he mean by this?

Because the majority of researchers and demographers agree that the early 1980s is the starting point for the millennial generation. Why should these sole researchers be trusted over the consensus? Also, why do you think there is a hard line for generations? Do you suppose that someone aged 17 years and 364 days is wholly unable to consent to sex?

>Because the majority of researchers and demographers agree that the early 1980s
Like 1982.

1980 itself was still a part of the 70s

at least Walkin was an anti-hippie song calling them out for not staying true.

all star is just a song for Mystery men

>The 1980s (pronounced "nineteen-eighties", commonly abbreviated as the "Eighties") was a decade of the Gregorian calendar that began on January 1, 1980, and ended on December 31, 1989.
Sorry, I'm going to stop posting.
>Le wrong generation faggots are this retarded

>>The 1980s (pronounced "nineteen-eighties", commonly abbreviated as the "Eighties") was a decade of the Gregorian calendar that began on January 1, 1980, and ended on December 31, 1989.
Incorrect because there was no Year Zero

This. There's nothing wrong with some catchy pop once in a while