Making an online RPG, anybody interested?

Making an online RPG, anybody interested?
Posting stream link if there's enough interest

Got any details about it?

>I'll only post a link of the game if you tell me you're interested in it before you've even seen it

ill give it a go BUD

2d Fantasy/Medieval RPG combining my favorite elements and features from various genres.

I iz intrest nao giv link

>what is the original post
kill yourself now?

it's not made yet, but i'm streaming development of it

How far along in development? What elements are you referring to? Post some screenshots? Sup Forums needs more details mane

Right, yea. Because a single screenshot really sums up your entire online game?

Just post the fucking link, you're already heading down the dumb game dev road.

well post the link bon jovi

Just give us the link then.

As some other users have said, don't be coy with your link in some idiotic attempt to "drum up interest" in your game, on Sup Forums of all places. You're gonna get shit on for that.

Post the link in your OP, then ask for people to come by and watch and give feedback. Keep the thread interesting with screenshot of various mechanics and ideas that are unique to your game. Don't pander to idiots or trolls. Be chill and open minded but keep your vision intact.

Basic shit op, I've seen you post screenshots of this before. Don't fuck up before you even get halfway there.

I'm using an ORPG engine called Intersect which you can find at Ascensiongamedev, so i'm not developing the engine myself. However, it'll be open source in a couple of months, where i'll add my own shit.

Right now i'm working on graphics like tiles, animations, character sprites, items, icons etc.

The original soundtrack is done for the most part.

Gameplay wise, I have the starting area, some monsters, houses and an equipment shop. Most basic functions like gaining exp, combat, NPC conversations etc are done.

link:

>twitch tv/oldworldrpg

>hey guys, i'm making a game
>here is a single screenshot
>are you interested???
>i'll only a post a link if you're interested, but i won't say how many people need to post or anything like that. I might as well just post the link straight away but I feel like seeking out attention

I'm not gonna post the link in the OP. It counts as advertising and I can get banned for that.

It's only polite to ask you first if you want it, then if people show interest, post it. I'm not gonna shove my shit in peoples faces and get a "i dont give a shit fuck off op" / NYPA

>I could post this on a million different websites completely dedicated to gamedev
>I'll post it on Sup Forums instead

Fuck off.

>implying my game won't be swallowed in the masses of other shitty indie games

i've posted it here numerous times, yielding nice results and you cant stop me. kill yourself faggot

must be a female

"Hey guys, I'm working on an OPRG and wanted to gather some of your thoughts. You can check out the link below to see a stream of the development. I'm open to comments/criticism."

Hmm yea, totally hard OP.

Hmm fair enough about the advertising thing, that makes sense. I didn't consider some site rules. Well carry on then. I guess just mention that in an earlier post so as not to get shit on like earlier in the thread?

Anyways, best of luck man I know it isn't easy. Hope you go all the way with it even if it doesn't turn out like you want, it'll be good experience regardless.

y'all got some issues man

He's posted before in a similar fashion to that, which is why I was confused he didn't do that earlier. I think it's because of advertising like he said, he can get banned if he doesn't ask for interest first.

I think it's just a little more complicated is all.

>medieval RPG
WOW I'VE NEVER PLAYED ONE OF THOSE!

translation to mods: "hey guys im trying to advertise my game for free through a post"

is it really so hard to understand you fucking retard?

post it on 9gag op

Is the game ready? no
Do you own twitch? no
Is the game currently for sale? no
Have people been posting links all day every day since Sup Forums opened? yes

Calling this advertising is a stretch. You're pussy footing around invisible barriers for no reason.

GL with the game though

What program and sprites are you using to make the game? What language is it in? How far into development are you? Is there a functioning pre-alpha?

OP, can I help you with spriting?

read the rules u fucking idiot
not risking getting banned

Intersect for engine(C# Monogame)
Photoshop CS6 for sprites

Sure, what kind of sprites do you wanna make?

I dunno, I'll help contribute. What sprite size is it? I'm not very good, but I hope I could help you make this game.

How did you learn to make sprites?

>this thread
>calling others idiot

Classic Sup Forums.

Make it mmo

Monsters are 32x32 generally(normal size monsters) but can be larger. The rules to spriting is each dot having to be 2x2, so when making a 32x32 monster, make the file 16x16 while drawing with a 1x1 pencil and then enlarge it by 200%.

Also, look up "RMXP Sprites" to see how the walking animation works.

I'm still pretty bad at it compared to a lot of people, but i'm self-taught.

>this thread is stupid for unspecified reasons therefore you are a hypocrite
time for the noose?

No worries OP, I'll bumperooni the thread. Everyone get in OP's Twitch. He's making a game

>unspecified reasons

Classic Sup Forums.

This dude's skype is emil1000123

oh no r u gonna dox me now faggot?
its not like my life can get any worse
good luck faggot im even showing my face on stream

Dude, this OP is kick ass. Go OP go

Hurry up and code this shit for mac