Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FWUO94g011Q
youtube.com/watch?v=Y7F2KvVBWMI
youtube.com/watch?v=iEQJZ8Ccpqc
youtube.com/watch?v=Ww9VlmXKYgs
youtube.com/watch?v=K52_nRpD6tE
youtube.com/watch?v=drb3ztkwqf0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Try all the old Cash Money albums, Mannie Fresh did all of them so there's a common sound to all that shit. The BG albums are definitely as good as this, others tend to be a bit worse but still solid.

and don't forget the old old pre hot boys ones which are basically all great

This record was full of fucking bangers so I can't be mad at this.

there's a few good ones off those B.G. albums. And I imagine that's the same for the other cash money artists

I'm just saying that hip hop tends to be a genre where they half ass it. And in the entirety of hip hop i've listened to, this is the only one i think i can listen to from front to back

*excluding Kanye

i guess i should say

youtube.com/watch?v=FWUO94g011Q

This will be your second, promise.

the cunninlynguists were always just a goodie mob for rockists and people too lazy to explore southern hip hop because 'the covers looked funny'

fuck outta here with that """"""""""conscious"""""""""" shit. you know a juvenile fan isn't gonna be into cunninlynguists

watchu gonna rec next, horseshoe gang?

while we're on the subject of new orleans rappers,

I disagree

Yeah there is an element of irony to their stuff, as if their name wasn't a clue. But the production on this record in particular is the best I've ever heard.

are you saying juvie's lyrics aren't on another level?

mystikal was an incredible rapper
youtube.com/watch?v=Y7F2KvVBWMI youtube.com/watch?v=iEQJZ8Ccpqc
i think unpredictable is prob his best but all his albums were spotty, great stuff on all of them if you take the time

yeah, i need to listen to some of his other albums, only really know the one i posted (and some singles)
it's funny cuz I'm from New Orleans but I was never really into that genre growing up so now I'm gonna have to catch up on some more of the nola rappers

This. I can't think of any other artist in rap who could have pulled off something like this track
youtube.com/watch?v=Ww9VlmXKYgs

prob one of the most underrated scenes of the 90's at least to outsiders considering all the memphis hype in recent years

youtube.com/watch?v=K52_nRpD6tE
youtube.com/watch?v=drb3ztkwqf0

whur u from?

dem niggas was livin in 3rd world conditions

actually I'm from Kenna, brah! but you know, suburb of nola. I work in nola a lot

kenner is lthe whitest pf them all!

depends what neighborhood you're in, but yeah mostly I guess. bruh fuck kenner tho im tryin to get outta here. cops are fuckin retarded