Does anyone else prefer early Beatles over psychadelic Beatles? Every song is catchy as fuck

Does anyone else prefer early Beatles over psychadelic Beatles? Every song is catchy as fuck

Mystery Tour-era Beatles best Beatles

Hellno
They were the most generic shitty pop band of the 60s and I'm glad they became better

i enjoy early beatles too

Fucking nope. Nopity nope nope FUCK no.

Please Please Me is one of the blandest most forgettable albums I've ever listened to and doesn't hold a candle to half the debut albums I know.

Hell even Bowie 67' was better than this shit.

>Does anyone prefer the Beatles when they were shit compared to when they were Psychedelic?

Anna is the only reason to own Please Please Me.

No, but I still really like their early albums. Ironically enough their pre-Rubber Soul albums have become a pleb filter. Anyone who thinks they're bad is clearly a pleb, and probably underage.

How in gods name could anyone prefer early Beatles to late Beatles

every track on please please me is catchy as hell why don't you take the strawberry field to your yellow submarine or whatever you do on acid and fuck off

They weren't very good at making psychedelic music. Early beatles were way better

>if it's catchy, its better!

do you want to know a secret

sure

John Lennon doesn't sing in the later albums, he just talks. Also, the songs are filled with a bunch of nonsense lyrics that no one can relate to.

Does that make sense?

>They weren't very good at making psychedelic music
Why not?

this
only edgelords and nu-males will say their early shit is bad

(You're a faggot)

>that no one can relate to.
>implying if it doesn't relate it's bad

>Also, the songs are filled with a bunch of nonsense lyrics that no one can relate to
>all you need is love, love is all you need
Yeah because no one can relate to love, right?

> Not realizing that their early songs are all tongue in cheek
> Please please me is literally about giving head

They had wanted The Beatles to do "How Do You Do It" ( found on anthology ) but said it was gay and did Please Please Me instead

:(

>implying the covers done buy the Beatles aren't lit as f

Cosigning this.

It's annoying, Lennon was terrible at writing metaphorical lyrics. Every time he tried the songs would end up as ambiguous rubbish.

On the flip side, I love his blunt writing. Cold Turkey, I'm Only Sleeping etc. Effective and simple.

Rubber Soul and Revolver >>> Sgt Peppers and Abbey Road

I don't know, everytime I listened to them I thought they sounded more like pop rock with psychedelic influences than anything. I feel like they don't really hold up with the trippiness of most of the bands that appeared during the summer love.

it's called psychedelic pop for a reason

Yeah you're right Ithe I am the walrus or strawberry fields aren't really that psych

>I feel like they don't really hold up with the trippiness of most of the bands that appeared during the summer love.
Like who?

I like mid 60s Beatles best, or to be specific, the period from Help through Revolver.

Sgt pepper's is utter shit.

Abbey road though has some good tunes, and it's the only good post-Revolver beatles album.

no, but early Beatles has so many great melodies. Its like they were a pc program designed to make melodies

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

you also have to take context into account. revolver /rubber soul is obviously the turning point in which they musically transitioned from a pop band into a rock one, but for many people at the time sgt. peppers was the inflection point. Many old musicians and people of the time said that sgt peppers was a game changer in their eyes as to what rock could be. It was also the first ever concept album

Please stop with this pasta. It's about as stale as the Harry Potter pasta on Sup Forums

>psycha
also AHHD and BFS are in my top favs, but nothing compares to the apathetic bliss that is Rubber Soul.

I like every beatles era

>It was also the first ever concept album
nope

Sure.